OFFICIAL Anthony Seibold has left the building

Anthony Seibold has "quit" as Brisbane head coach, and will front a press conference at 9am tomorrow to explain why:

“I want to speak to the team before I say anything. I owe it to the players.”

View attachment 9598
It's how we all feel, Gordie.

I'm tipping a Power Point presentation explaining why they're a just a bunch of entitled little *****.

Thank **** the gravy train is over and some rebuilding can begin.
And to all the supporters of Siebold on this board over the last 2 years..... Hang your heads in shame too!

But imagine if he left because the board didn’t move on Seibold earlier.
I don’t doubt with a better Coach we’d have been in a stronger position to retain him, but I still think at the end of the day the sums of money were just too vastly far apart to probably overcome.

And to all the supporters of Siebold on this board over the last 2 years..... Hang your heads in shame too!
I’ve got know shame in supporting our club and trying to be optimistic despite not agreeing with their decisions. I didn’t like how he came to the club and wasn’t sold on him but I wanted him to succeed. He didn’t so I called him a spud for the last 6 months. Ah well

I don’t doubt with a better Coach we’d have been in a stronger position to retain him, but I still think at the end of the day the sums of money were just too vastly far apart to probably overcome.
It opens up the interesting scenario though, that the new coach rights the ship we get back up to playing finals football and by year 3 are top 4, and the Titans are still struggling to make the 8. Does he think about coming back.

Gone:
Seibold

Going:
White
Boyd

Needs to go:
Morris
Lockyer
Milford
Joffa
Kahu

Question Marks:
Pangai Jr
Lodge
Oates
Croft
Macca

It is coming along, just need the right coach an assistants to come in and the right CEO who isn't afraid to make tough calls and follow through.
I think Milford will go well under Walters. Walters loves him and Milf played his best footy while Kevvie was assistant. He’ll be off contract end of next season so if he stinks it up again we can piss him off.

Nothing shameful about supporting the coach that has been placed in charge of the team you love.
Of course anyone still thinking he should stay needs some professional help, but I haven't see anyone really saying that, unless I missed it.
Only people who should be hanging heads in shame are those 'supporters' who death rode the coach from the start and are delighting in the result. Not sure if anyone actually fits that category either to be honest.

Just pulling this out of my ass but is it possible the handshake deal with Walters was done with Lockyer?

Yep, that is a shit supporter right there. You support the club wholeheartedly despite who the coach is.
In his defence, some of us copped a fair bit of grief for pointing out where Seibold was lacking and were proven to be pretty damn right about how this entire thing would go. I’ve seen a few people admit they were wrong recently and I wouldn’t ever expect an apology, but wouldn’t it be nice?

It opens up the interesting scenario though, that the new coach rights the ship we get back up to playing finals football and by year 3 are top 4, and the Titans are still struggling to make the 8. Does he think about coming back.

He’ll have to come back on unders though. Especially if he’s a flop at the titans.

They’ve been like Homer chasing his bbq’d pig...

It’s still good, it’s still good...

My hope is for two things to happen:
  1. Seibold says his piece and moves on with his life. The media leave him alone.
  2. He isn’t used as the only scapegoat for the issues going on at the club that desperately needs a full shakedown. As a number of others have said, the issues start right at the top and no doubt carry all the way through the administration. Equally the players on the field have been the ones turning out the rubbish performances and need to be accountable. The appointment of the right CEO will be key.

Or the Titans and Broncos fight out the grand final in Sydney with the Titans winning their first gf ( nrl orchestrated result) Does he come back?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
  • The Strapper
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.