Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

In line with forum rules, not spreading rumours, but my guess would be:

Boyd, Bird, Glenn, Ofahenguae, Milford and maybe Oates (but the big fella would probably mess that up to).
Boyd and Glenn maybe.

Offa and Oates are simply not intelligent enough. Oates would be lucky to be able to pick Seibold out of a line of suspects, so I don’t see how he could sustain a white anting campaign.

Bird couldn’t white ant someone without having both ACL’s simultaneously disintegrate, so it can’t be him.

Milford would have to be awake occasionally and not also at McDonald’s if he wanted to white ant someone, so that rules him out as well.

Just wow at today’s revelations. It’ll sell some clicks and news cycles so good on TK for putting the bait out

There's no doubt he did the best job he could while he was here. His methods and approach didn't work at the Broncos but I'm pretty certain that wasn't entirely his fault.
If that's his best job the bloke shouldn't be allowed to coach anything ever again. It doesn't matter if he wants to sook and imply it wasn't his fault because the big meanies in the playing group weren't nice to him, and it doesn't matter that White couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag for anything less than 150% overs and two years of player options. If the silly bastard managed to become a super intelligent academic type with a masters in education without learning that you need to tailor your strategies to work with the group you've got then he's already out of his depth watching Friday Night Footy on Nine. He started off a massive bellyflop from before he even came out here, managed to take a talented young squad with a few old heads and absolutely gut the joint before setting it on fire and walking out with a few million for his troubles. I've no sympathy for the silly fat prick at all and that was before he started sooking in the media about how it was all someone else's fault.

If that's his best job the bloke shouldn't be allowed to coach anything ever again. It doesn't matter if he wants to sook and imply it wasn't his fault because the big meanies in the playing group weren't nice to him, and it doesn't matter that White couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag for anything less than 150% overs and two years of player options. If the silly bastard managed to become a super intelligent academic type with a masters in education without learning that you need to tailor your strategies to work with the group you've got then he's already out of his depth watching Friday Night Footy on Nine. He started off a massive bellyflop from before he even came out here, managed to take a talented young squad with a few old heads and absolutely gut the joint before setting it on fire and walking out with a few million for his troubles. I've no sympathy for the silly fat prick at all and that was before he started sooking in the media about how it was all someone else's fault.
I think you are holding back here, tell us how you really feel :-)

Who are we guessing white-anted him?
Glenn for sure.
Boyd maybe.
Milford maybe, but that would require him to care about his job at all.

Who are you guesses, I'm curious.

I'm just as inclined to think he was just a shit coach and no one maybe other than Croft and Carrigan got along with him and I guess Kennar, Kennedy, and all his other shit recruits.

Truthfully, I don't believe anyone white anted him. I think we tend to look for people to blame for his failure besides him. I just don't think any of them could get their heads around what he was trying to do.

Truthfully, I don't believe anyone white anted him. I think we tend to look for people to blame for his failure besides him. I just don't think any of them could get their heads around what he was trying to do.
Which is more fool him. Maybe he would have had more success with older wiser heads but it was asking for trouble with a bunch of kids. How many times have we heard that the key to a successful team is to keep things simple?

This quote particularly interests me:

“I start to write notes at different times, what could I have done better or differently? What could people around me have done to support me? If I’m in that environment again, you know you’ve got to have the right people around you, the right people in your playing group who you can trust.”

A lot of us here speculated last year that certain players were white-anting him, this is the first public admission from him. I can’t imagine there would be a prize for guessing who he is referring to.

Hopefully at least a couple of them are gone now, otherwise no matter how nice Walters is, if the results don’t come, he could very well be facing the same outcome.
I cannot believe the podcast host didn’t follow up on that

I get most of that, my main point which I may not have fleshed out, is that Broncos fans should direct their anger at the people who hired Anthony Seibold, rather than Seibold himself. Our board was sold a pup and they doubled down by giving him a six year deal..
They threw the keys of the kingdom to someone with one season in the game. From there Seibold just came in and did what he thought was best.

Broncos fans should direct their anger at the people who hired Anthony Seibold, rather than Seibold himself.
JA2kQwE

Ah Siebold. The HPV of the Broncos legacy.

It ain't going away.

Which should come as no surprise if you stop to think about the volume of things a guy like Corey Oates probably couldn't get his head around.

Last edited:
I still beleive the whole Seibold issue is as I've previously stated. He brought into the hype before he came here. Everyone was told that this broncos pack was the best thing since sliced bread and he turned up expecting them to rip teams apart up the middle and he would then have his master game plan execute around that.

What transpired was this red hot superstar pack were actually a bunch of super green 20 year olds who got trampled week after week. Now this is fine because Siebold just put his plan B into action.

The problem was, he had no plan B. So after weeks of copious beatings and us turning up doing the same thing over again he turned the over to "lexy" to coach for the week. The boys supposedly trained and ran themselves that week and they won.

The following week Siebold took charge again, got them back to his plan A and full normality resumed and the sensless floggings continued.

It was at this point that ALL players lost any faith in the coach and his ability and most likley the same time Siebold realised he had no future and he had lost the dressing room.

I firmly believe that despite week after week of hidings Siebold continued to stick to his game plan which clearly wasnt working and that is what lost him the dressing room. A large contributor to this was not having the right guys around him. He didn't have someone pull him aside and tell him to pull his head in and change it up.

Given the recent stories about Carty and his little lovers tiff with whatever former player it was, you can bet your ass if Kevvie refuses to move away from a clearly non effective game plan that Carty will happily pull him aside and give him a swift "change what we are doing or we're all jobless" kind of talk.

There's an article on Fox Sports now where Joe Ofahengaue weighs in on last season. Biggest surprise for me is that Seibs had a gameplan for every 10 metre section of the field lmao (although the journo said that, not Joe)

Last edited:
There's an article on Fox Sports now where Joe Ofahengaue weighs in on last season. Biggest surprise for me is that Seibs had a gameplan for every 10 metre section of the field lmao (although the journo said that, not Joe)

There seems to be a real charm offensive going on for Seibold since he has started working for the NRL, surprising? Nope.

There seems to be a real charm offensive going on for Seibold since he has started working for the NRL, surprising? Nope.
Yeah noticed that, although Joe wasn’t really flattering him in this article. Need a journo to ask Oates his thoughts and we’ll get the full story.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.