RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

Like it but not Napoleon. More likely Heinlein ( Heinlein's Razor ). Might even be further back to early Jane West 1800's.
The-truth-of-a-saying.jpg

He will never coach again, so he would be better off trying to improve the performance next year to give himself a chance of having a career or at worst his payout will probably go up to get rid of him

He will never coach again, so he would be better off trying to improve the performance next year to give himself a chance of having a career or at worst his payout will probably go up to get rid of him
Theoretically I absolutely agree with you and said as much several times. Given how low things have gotten he had literally no choice but to try and fight his way back up and any scenario where he accepted not Coaching the club in 2021 was likely career suicide on his part.

What I failed to account for at the time though is the fact that the owners of his current employer also owns basically every news paper and media outlet in the country and they can make life VERY uncomfortable for Seibold and his family if he doesn't take the golden handshake on offer.

News Ltd have access to some properly nasty fuckers who wouldn't put much out of the question when it came to manipulating a situation to achieve what they want. To stand in the way of any of that would be very dangerous for Seibold indeed, and I don't just mean professionally.

Last edited:
You have to be tested at the end of the Quarantine I'd have thought. That's the whole point of serving the 14 days.
Correct, mandatory tests are on day2 & day12. He should get his results today. I'm 'guessing' we're all just waiting for those day12 results to come in.

Correct, mandatory tests are on day2 & day12. He should get his results today. I'm 'guessing' we're all just waiting for those day12 results to come in.
OK that clears that up. It just looked like it was another delaying tactic.

he'll get another gig somewhere ... Nathan Brown keeps getting jobs ... seibs will too

he'll get another gig somewhere ... Nathan Brown keeps getting jobs ... seibs will too
I'm inclined to believe so too, especially once some more water passes under the bridge.

A decent Assistant role even some time in the UK with a bit of success would definitely have him lined up for another crack at the NRL at some point.

Hell, if Demetriou works out as poorly as all Bennett's other replacement recommendations have then Seibold might even end up at Souths again in a few years time.

Last edited:
Doubtful
Brown was lucky considering who else was available. There aren't many head coaching positions for numpty's in the NRL. Superleague is probably Siebold's best bet now.

I'm getting RSI from repeatedly switching threads and refreshing, and having to read @Huge . Is there a BHQ poster compensation scheme?

I'm getting RSI from repeatedly switching threads and refreshing, and having to read @Huge . Is there a BHQ poster compensation scheme?
Yes agree plus I am getting bugger all work done today.

I'm on a lot because I'm at work, deep inland in WA and my job involves me sitting in an a/c donga and doing absolutely nothing for days on end. I also watch 8 hours of YouTube too, daily. Plus Netflix, Stan and Foxtel. Sometimes I actually do something too. Not often though.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.