RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

I really wish people would stop speculating that there is ANY truth to those rumours.
They are pure shit, any normal person can work out they are so far fetched it's impossible to be true.
Personally, I'm not suggesting the rumours themselves are true, but I do believe something outside of purely the football results has shifted dramatically and that's bought about the offer of a payout. Something has obviously made the situation untenable going forward because very obviously only a month or so ago they were publicly saying they were going to let the season complete before making a call and suddenly that's all changed, despite the footballing side of things having not really changed at all from where they were a month or so ago.

I’m not big on smith coming here as a player. He fucking bailed out of origin because he was looking after himself. Padding out his retirement fund isn’t really something I’m interested in unless it’s to come and be a part time consultant.
Mr Negativity getting in nice and early again. I wish you would go and actually support another club.

I have said this before when it's come up- It was communicated to JD in advance that White couldn't make his interview and he was given the choice to move it- he said no.

"Not turn up" is complete rubbish. Lockyer couldn't get to Kevvie and Kevvie moved it.
Lockyer didn't attend Walters interview either unless I'm mistaken? That would make it two out of four interviews where one of the interviewers did not attend.

Personally, I'm not suggesting the rumours themselves are true, but I do believe something outside of purely the football results has shifted dramatically and that's bought about the offer of a payout. Something has obviously made the situation untenable going forward because very obviously only a month or so ago they were publicly saying they were going to let the season complete before making a call and suddenly that's all changed, despite the footballing side of things having not really changed at all from where they were a month or so ago.

I'd say "the rumours" were a major catalyst in Seibold's decision to call it quits, that it made it untenable for him to continue. The toll on his health and that of his family's was central to his decision

Seibold does not give away 6 agains that lead to the fatigue that causes blow out scores .
Does not miss tackles on the try line .Doesn`t drop the ball over the line . Fail to kick the ball out from a penalty. Does not smack blokes in the head . Haven`t seen him knock the ball on either ?

So Kevvie has a magic potion that cures those ills ?
Agreed but a couldn't give a shit attitude from some players leads to such errors. You would hope a change of coach would result in a change of attitude, however roster changes are also needed to weed out the players responsible.

Agreed but a couldn't give a shit attitude from some players leads to such errors. You would hope a change of coach would result in a change of attitude, however roster changes are also needed to weed out the players responsible.

Given the reporting around all this has highlighted a split in the playing group, a rift, means that any new coach will immediately confront the players and make it abundantly clear that they support him or piss off, or alternatively, he will piss them off immediately. No coach can coach players who don't want to be coached.

The right roster changes. Seibold and the board need to realise there’s consequences with team morale when letting people go. It’s not fantasy footy

No it doesn't at all. As I said Kevvie moved his and had the full panel, JD made his own call and didn't want the full panel.
It's hardly a rogue opinion here in suggesting they didn't take Walters seriously. Chris Johns clearly felt exactly the same way:

“Three committee members flew straight to Sydney to talk to Seibold then when they came back and went through the process with Kev, (director) Darren Lockyer wasn’t even going to go to the interview. That’s how much importance they put into that interview."

Even if Lockyer made it in the end, it doesn't exactly bode well when White needed to miss one interview and Lockyer was entertaining missing another.

It begs the question of why the applicants were even given a choice in the matter. If the club felt White, Morris and Lockyer were all critical in the process then why didn't the club place a higher emphasis themselves on making sure all three men were able to attend for every interview?

Last edited:
The right roster changes. Seibold and the board need to realise there’s consequences with team morale when letting people go. It’s not fantasy footy

No player is above the team. The team comes first, one of Seibold's biggest mistakes

Last edited:
What sort of shape is his old man in? Might help give us a guide on what we could expect from Cam himself by the time he retires?

Personally I read most of that as being more likely he'd play on but I guess only Cam really knows.
Good idea. If his old man is even in half the shape his son is sign him up, his son is then sure to follow.

No player is above the team. The team comes first, one of Seibold's biggest mistakes
Exactly.
When you have a couple or a few more people playing up/suddenly massively down on form. It might be the players. When they all go to pot, that's a management issue. Be it the club/coaching/board/all three.
It's no different to running a business, one or two bad employees acting up can be individual problems that need sorting out. When whole departments have gone to shit - blame management. Culture and strategy come from above.

Last edited:
It's hardly a rogue opinion here in suggesting they didn't take Walters seriously. Chris Johns clearly felt exactly the same way:

“Three committee members flew straight to Sydney to talk to Seibold then when they came back and went through the process with Kev, (director) Darren Lockyer wasn’t even going to go to the interview. That’s how much importance they put into that interview."

Even if Lockyer made it in the end, it doesn't exactly bode well when White needed to miss one interview and Lockyer was entertaining missing another.

It begs the question of why the applicants were even given a choice in the matter. If the club felt White, Morris and Lockyer were all critical in the process then why didn't the club place a higher emphasis themselves on making sure all three men were able to attend for every interview?

I don't know the reason White missed one but JD could have said come back in a few days- it was his choice. Both might have had excellent reasons to have to move them.

But JD was the only one that missed it and it was his choice and it wasn't 'didn't turn up."

Last edited:
Exactly.
When you have a couple or a few more people playing up/suddenly massively down on form. It might be the players. When they all go to pot, that's a management issue. Be it the club/coaching/board/all three.
It's no different to running a business, one or two bad employees acting up can be individual problems that need sorting out. When whole departments have gone to shit - blame management. Culture and strategy come from above.

Agreed, with one observation. All the players didn't go to pot. The corrosion in the roster was spread by a few. Although I do not subscribe in general to conspiracy theories, I feel there was one within the playing group, a conspiracy to out Seibold, and that Seibold knew that but was too naive in thinking he could ameliorate the corrosion by selecting the players responsible in the team. Big mistake. He completely underestimated what underpinned the disloyalty which for mine, was Bennett's influence on key players and I am not saying Bennett had anything directly to do with that. Bennett's influence on this club cannot be underestimated

Last edited:
Nein news rocking up to his house to film in drive away is such a low act. I dont like him as a coach but **** me give the guy privacy...
True, but may also drive home the benefits of being out from under all that scruitiny.

Unread

Active Now

• john1420
  • Johnny92
  • broncoscope
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Huge
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.