NEWS Anthony Seibold safe as Brisbane Broncos board assess wreckage

It's difficult to be excited about the future when we got dismantled 58-0 in the present.

I'll be excited when I actually see change with my own eyes. I'm over all the inuendo and talking.
Despite me being down on him, and with him now being the worst coach in our history, i'm quite positive about how we will go next year under him. He needs to get ruthless to save his career and reputation, and we have to back whatever he wants to do as a club or we turn into an also ran. Exciting times ahead despite this car crash of a year.

I'm sorry, that's a sweeping statement. Look at his roster. How much better would this side be with D Lockyer in it. That's what the others had.

He probably would have played locky on the wing

I'm sorry, that's a sweeping statement. Look at his roster. How much better would this side be with D Lockyer in it. That's what the others had.

Whats a sweeping statement, that he is the worst coach we have ever had? Its a fact, he is. Locky retired in 2011. You cant live in the past and make excuses for Seibolds ineptness by say " oh, he didnt have Darren Lockyer " Melbourne didnt have Billy Slater, yet they romped to the minor premiership.

Seibold had a squad perfectly capable of challenging for a top 4 spot when he arrived here. He failed to get them firing, he failed to improve us, he failed to give us some sort of recognisable game plan with structure. We have become a shambles and its on his watch. He has to fix it now and prove what he has done this year and what he will do going forwards will reap the rewards.

I find this really hard to believe.

He has a deer in the headlights expression on his face at all times.

Not from what I saw. Admittedly I did not watch all of his post match press conferences. I thought he handled the vultures pretty well, especially considering the pressure he has been under since day dot.

He probably would have played locky on the wing
Yeah alright mate. Some seem to think that all any player needs in more coaching. He was left a flawed roster without a brain. Isn't that obvious?

Last edited:
Yeah alright mate. Some seem to think that all any player needs in more coaching. He was left a floored roster without a brain. Isn't that obvious?

Why have coaches at all right?
[automerge]1569037420[/automerge]
Not from what I saw. Admittedly I did not watch all of his post match press conferences. I thought he handled the vultures pretty well, especially considering the pressure he has been under since day dot.

Sometimes people see what they want to see so I can concede maybe I’m being harsh. But I’m the opposite, I’ve not been impressed at all.

Last edited:
People who think we had a roster to hit top 4 are in lala land... Seibs inherited a poor culture of mediocrity, the same one that led to the Dragons thrashing. Too many players failed to buy in, that happens trust me.. I've worked in Management long enough and seen this crap a dozen times. Next year has more promise..the future stars with the right attitude will be more empowered.

Despite me being down on him, and with him now being the worst coach in our history, i'm quite positive about how we will go next year under him. He needs to get ruthless to save his career and reputation, and we have to back whatever he wants to do as a club or we turn into an also ran. Exciting times ahead despite this car crash of a year.
Whats a sweeping statement, that he is the worst coach we have ever had? Its a fact, he is. Locky retired in 2011. You cant live in the past and make excuses for Seibolds ineptness by say " oh, he didnt have Darren Lockyer " Melbourne didnt have Billy Slater, yet they romped to the minor premiership.

Seibold had a squad perfectly capable of challenging for a top 4 spot when he arrived here. He failed to get them firing, he failed to improve us, he failed to give us some sort of recognisable game plan with structure. We have become a shambles and its on his watch. He has to fix it now and prove what he has done this year and what he will do going forwards will reap the rewards.

Much like its too early to call Haas the best forward the broncos have ever had, it’s too early to call Seibold the worst. He needs another season like this one to even compete with Henjak. Henjaks team had far greater star power.

People who think we had a roster to hit top 4 are in lala land... Seibs inherited a poor culture of mediocrity, the same one that led to the Dragons thrashing. Too many players failed to buy in, that happens trust me.. I've worked in Management long enough and seen this crap a dozen times. Next year has more promise..the future stars with the right attitude will be more empowered.

The team that finished one win behind the minor premiers last year except add our best player (haas) and have our beasts mature (Fifita and Tpj)?

Last edited:
I too never saw us as a top 4 contender either, mainly because of our spine at the time.

Anyway it's all in the past (painful) and hopefully the powers at be will get this shit together.

Much like its too early to call Haas the best forward the broncos have ever had, it’s too early to call Seibold the worst. He needs another season like this one to even compete with Henjak. Henjaks team had far greater star power.

Just like Haas, he has to prove it. At the moment, he is the worst. Difference is with your analogy, you can see the potential with Haas, Seibold hasnt shown a thing.

Yeah alright mate. Some seem to think that all any player needs in more coaching. He was left a floored roster without a brain. Isn't that obvious?
A 'floored' roster? What, they'd all been knocked out 🤣
I think there's a flaw in your reasoning !

Just like Haas, he has to prove it. At the moment, he is the worst. Difference is with your analogy, you can see the potential with Haas, Seibold hasnt shown a thing.

You’re looking at it backwards. Haas has the potential to be the best forward but has yet to prove it. Seibold has the potential to be the worst coach but has yet to prove it. Despite both being well on their way to achieving those titles.

Sometimes people see what they want to see so I can concede maybe I’m being harsh. But I’m the opposite, I’ve not been impressed at all.

I've noticed a lot of people have a similar opinion to you mate. I seem to be in the minority here bit I can only judge on what I have seen.
[automerge]1569040320[/automerge]

Last year Wolfie?

Last edited:

Melbourne still have Smith, put him in our side and we're top 4 easily. They've been playing with three full backs in the spine the past few weeks that's how good Smith is.

That's not what I said. Coach can only get a player to certain level. At the moment we're like one of those guys in the gym who does all the work on his arms and shoulders and nothing on his legs. We have little balance. Is that Seibold fault? Probably in your eyes it is. Hopefully now he can get the clearance he needs to do
A 'floored' roster? What, they'd all been knocked out 🤣
I think there's a flaw in your reasoning !
Haha. Floored in the final game maybe. Touché.

You’re looking at it backwards. Haas has the potential to be the best forward but has yet to prove it. Seibold has the potential to be the worst coach but has yet to prove it. Despite both being well on their way to achieving those titles.

Seibs hasnt shown a thing at the Broncos. What kind of potential has he shown this year? Haas has competed with the best so far this year, Seibs hasnt shown anything positive at all imo.

That's not what I said. Coach can only get a player to certain level. At the moment we're like one of those guys in the gym who does all the work on his arms and shoulders and nothing on his legs. We have little balance. Is that Seibold fault? Probably in your eyes it is. Hopefully now he can get the clearance he needs to do

Haha. Floored in the final game maybe. Touché.

Playing all of our spine out of position falls completely on his shoulders mate

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  • levikaden
  • achievedrap
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.