Anthony Seibold wipes Wayne Bennett’s legacy from Red Hill

This all confirms for me that the main reason why the club wanted to get rid of Wayne was that the brand was sick of being targeted by the media with negative coverage. We seem to be going to a lot of trouble to make sure that this ‘new’ era includes a new relationship with the press.
I’m not complaining about it and I’m on board with Seibs but that was the driving force behind the coach swap saga.

So I wonder if Jack Bird spoke to Rothfield.

This all confirms for me that the main reason why the club wanted to get rid of Wayne was that the brand was sick of being targeted by the media with negative coverage. We seem to be going to a lot of trouble to make sure that this ‘new’ era includes a new relationship with the press.
I’m not complaining about it and I’m on board with Seibs but that was the driving force behind the coach swap saga.
Not really. The club went through the shit in general last year with the Lodge saga but punting a coach because he's unpopular with the media isn't what happened.

There were alot of internal rumblings about WB essentially nowadays being an unbearably grumpy old man and different after the divorce. True or not, that's what was coming out.

WB got the shaft because (a) he's nearing 70 years old and the board identified a younger man as the next longterm coach and (b) he hadn't delivered a premiership during Wayne 2.0.

Further, repainting a wall with a new coach's ethos (i.e. standard operating practice in elite sports facilities the world over) doesn't erase WB's legacy.

Nothing can wipe Bennett's legacy from Red Hill. 6 premierships, the profile and financial strength of the club and 100s of young men he helped mentor as coach are his permanent legacy.

Hopefully one day some bridges can be mended between Wayne and the club, for the good of both parties (but in particular the Broncos). He is 100% the greatest coach ever and should be immortalised in the clubs history somehow at the Berghofer Centre or Suncorp Stadium.

Further, repainting a wall with a new coach's ethos (i.e. standard operating practice in elite sports facilities the world over) doesn't erase WB's legacy.

Nothing can wipe Bennett's legacy from Red Hill. 6 premierships, the profile and financial strength of the club and 100s of young men he helped mentor as coach are his permanent legacy.

Hopefully one day some bridges can be mended between Wayne and the club, for the good of both parties (but in particular the Broncos). He is 100% the greatest coach ever and should be immortalised in the clubs history somehow at the Berghofer Centre or Suncorp Stadium.
Exactly
It is just baddell trying to stir up

There’s one thing left to do to make it so. After tonight’s effort, it’s time

Well, this would never have happened under Bennett!
d199d7b46d41c0fe4f466ca9747d465f

Anthony Milfored was the first winner of the coffee voucher.
BRONCOS COFFEE FOR COMMENT
Brisbane Broncos are trying to improve their relationship with the media by encouraging players to be more open with journalists. The club has even introduced a weekly in-house media award where a $20 coffee shop voucher goes to the player who does the best to promote the club.
First-up winner is the notoriously shy Anthony Milford, who is normally wary of journos. He turned up for the Broncos’ media open day last week, even though he wasn’t playing this weekend and didn’t have to be there.

At least it’s not a Maccas voucher, I suppose.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/eaef4d3a79ec0a3da1d85f75f8266309

It used to be turn back the boats now it’s burn the boats.

If the media were more reliable than a cheating spouse then some players might be able to trust them a tiny amount of the time but they're just not able to achieve that low standard. Seibold is fucking dreaming and his attitude will change as soon as the muck raking and prying starts in earnest.

There'll come a time when he realises what WB has known for decades, the journalists and their masters are leeches and scum who are not the slightest bit interested in their victims but totally focussed on being noticed and achieving notoriety and consequently clicks.

Invite these pigs into your private world and you will no longer have a private world. Speaking for myself I don't believe I have a right to know and for me to learn details about a person who I 'know' vicariously through the media should only happen if that person tells me themselves.

That said, should crimes be committed then absolutely they should be exposed but revealing that information should only happen after correct and allowable means of enquiry have been employed. Only a fool keeps coming back after betrayal upon betrayal.

Oh boowoo, please he took stuff of the walls and replaced it with his stuff
Grow the f**K up could you, the only thing Broncs supports care about are results.........and Wayne Bennett[emoji106]

Grow the f**K up could you, the only thing Broncs supports care about are results.........and Wayne Bennett[emoji106]

Why would we care about south Sydney’s coach?

We don’t give a shit about Skelator, he is Souths problem now. Onwards and upwards with Siebs

In Buzz Rothfield’s column for tomorrow:
SEIBOLD KICKING GOALS AT BRONCOS
Dally M coach of the year Anthony Seibold is so popular at the Broncos that he has already attracted his own head coach sponsorship. Splatt Lawyers will be on the collar of his polo shirt throughout this year on game day and at training.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/8168645d4469577346c8890860d6776c

Broncos announcement December 10th, 2018:
Splatt Lawyers announced as coach sponsor

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 10 Dec 2018, 08:03 PM
Share on social media

The arrival of new Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has been boosted by the announcement of Splatt Lawyers as Official Head Coach Sponsor.
The Brisbane-based personal injuries law firm, who have been assisting Queenslanders for nearly 30 years on a no win no fee basis, join the club for the first time as Platinum Partners.
The partnership will see Splatt Lawyers branding on Seibold's apparel, in the coaches' box at both home and away games, as well as a range of other benefits including match day LED signage and similar branding for the apparel of premiership-winning NRL Women's coach Paul Dyer.
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/12/10/splatt-lawyers-announced-as-coach-sponsor/

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.