Ashes Discussion

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
Patience my friends we have won the ashes the clean sweep is gone how about we sit tight and see where the game takes us.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
Thats what winning the toss does. But at the same time **** sakes top order been hopeless this game.
Ball is seaming everywhere on this pitch... and imagine having to face it under lights on top of that

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
We'll probably lose 5 or 6 tonight and then be out second session tomorrow giving the poms the best batting conditions.

It's probably one thing I hate the most about day night tests... how lopsided batting can be depending on which session you happen to be in.

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
We'll probably lose 5 or 6 tonight and then be out second session tomorrow giving the poms the best batting conditions.

It's probably one thing I hate the most about day night tests... how lopsided batting can be depending on which session you happen to be in.
Exactly they have opened both innings in overcast and under the lights whereas we started in pure sunlight and by the time the lights were on the ball was fairly old. Anyway England need some help and we still skittles them.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
That ball is swinging (not seaming note) around corners at the moment.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
Exactly they have opened both innings in overcast and under the lights whereas we started in pure sunlight and by the time the lights were on the ball was fairly old. Anyway England need some help and we still skittles them.
We'll skittle them if we can somehow last 3 sessions... if we lose 5 tonight I don't know if we can last 2 sessions tomorrow.

Day night tests are as much about batting time as it is getting runs.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
We'll skittle them if we can somehow last 3 sessions... if we lose 5 tonight I don't know if we can last 2 sessions tomorrow.

Day night tests are as much about batting time as it is getting runs.

It’s all swings and off the pitch swing abouts anyway.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
Jeez that sounded like an edge.

Missed it by a mile!!

Not sure the challenges will matter anyway

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Threads
Burns in my opinion is the glaring symbol of all that is wrong with this England side. He is a rubbish fielder, he's usually off with the fairies most of the time in the field, has a horrible hairstyle, obviously can't bowl and has one of the worst batting techniques you'll ever see and yet, he's comfortably their best opener, probably third best bat.
His haircut is an absolute shocker. To have that as a professional sportsman you'd want to be top shelf, and he isn't.

England have had the absolute best of it, won the toss and bowled in the best conditions, now get Aus into bat at an absolute perfect time, yet are still way behind in the game.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
That Australian dressing room likes like a typical summer setting…right?

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.