Auckland 9s Broncos v Eels

He runs the 100m in around 11.5s. Last time I checked, that was quick.
It's quick, but for an outside back not remarkably so. I'd say he'd be relatively faster over 40-50 than over a full 100m, as is the case with most smaller players.

Granville is far from predictable.

No he's very predictable. I wrote a post regarding this during the off season. If you want to see how you can unlock him and read his habits watch the Wynnum v Jets final last year. Great bit of coaching Ben and Shane Walker stopped him dead by knowing his habits and Wynnum died.

No he's very predictable. I wrote a post regarding this during the off season. If you want to see how you can unlock him and read his habits watch the Wynnum v Jets final last year. Great bit of coaching Ben and Shane Walker stopped him dead by knowing his habits and Wynnum died.
It would take all of ten minutes to notice his habits. Very easy
Even if he makes the 17 he won't get too many minutes

So who are our other options as a bench hooker?

Make do with Glenn for 5 minutes or play Macca for 80. I know Cullen's defense is not great but he would be better in attack than Granville for 10 minutes
We are in real trouble if Macca gets a serious injury

Last edited:
I would give Marmin Barba a crack.

I think, at most macca would need a 10 minute spell ... so either we use someone like glenn at hooker for 10 mins or we use granville for 10 mins a match

I think Jayden Nikorima played a bit of hooker against the Cowboys, maybe we could use him?

Did anyone else happen to notice Macca's sneaky little hand-in-the-face (not sure what you call it) during the tackle of C Norman? Legend!!! Clearly there's no love lost between Norman and his former team-mates. ;)

Did anyone else happen to notice Macca's sneaky little hand-in-the-face (not sure what you call it) during the tackle of C Norman? Legend!!! Clearly there's no love lost between Norman and his former team-mates. ;)

I missed that but I very much want to see it lol

I would not have called it sneaky it was so painfully obvious and Norman looked straight to see who it was.
I remember Macca in one of his early games at hooker in 20s. They were playing Manly with a hot headed front rower (might have been Lussick but not sure) anyway it was a changeover on sixth tackle after Macca got tackled. He was on all fours with the ball under him and everytime the frontrower tried to get the ball macca would shuffle around so he could not get it. It was priceless and the Manly guy started throwing punches. Broncos got the penalty 10 metres out right in front with Macca laughing his head off.
Was not the only scuffle between them that day as Macca continually baited him

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Painin the Haas
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wild Horse
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.