Aus v. Kiwis - Spoiler - FINAL SCORE

Boring game. I'm more interested in watching the minnows go around. Australia will win in a cake walk - we all know that. The minor games are exciting viewing though and we should direct our attention to those games.

I thought that Channel 9 made it boring by inserting all the adds, making it live makes it more watchable.

NZ need Luke in there, fo sure, the only reason I can think he wasn't in the side is because they're saving him up as a strike weapon? otherwise why on earth wouldn't he be playing??? Hmmm!
Fien to 7, Marshall 6 and Luke 9 will serve them well.

I thought Thurston and Lockyer were sensational and both were very exciting to watch, as was Inglis.

All you people who thought the game was boring, open your eyes and watch how individual players play rather than just the result and non competition. NZ were woeful though...

If I was a succesful sportsperson and someone said I couldn't play for Australia on the grounds that I have Brittish heritage that I'd have to play for England I'd give them the forks and not play at all. Grow up you people.

mick! said:
Scotty said:
Pretty crap game. Wasn't exciting at all, I agree with all of Nashys comments.

And I have to bring something up;

[quote="mick!":3n0b16ah]
Coxy said:
I'll be there. Biggest game of the year!

Of the year? Nah, of the DECADE! icon_thumbs_u

LOL [icon_lol1. You're having a laugh mate [icon_wink

This world cup might be hyped up, but the international game is still piss poor in terms of contenders. The world cup should just exclude Aus, NZ and England. Then it would be an exciting comp :D

WTF?

Again, look to past years. NZ always go well after they have a few games under their belts. We haven't flogged them in a TN final in a long, long time.

But hey, keep deathriding the game. It's great to know that the negativity portrayed EVERYWHERE, by fans and not just the regular critics, should ensure that our game never grows.

FFS.[/quote:3n0b16ah]

I'm not "deathriding" anything, as Dave said, I'm longing for a more competitive world cup between the top contenders. Last night showed me there is nothing to get excited about. It's not negativity either, it's me being realistic. The hype from some of the people on here about the world cup was far too optimistic. It's gonna be great seeing the smaller nations play, however it's a shame channel 9 aren't showing those games.

Scotty said:
mick! said:
Scotty said:

[quote="mick!":1c11rofe]
Coxy said:

This world cup might be hyped up, but the international game is still piss poor in terms of contenders. The world cup should just exclude Aus, NZ and England. Then it would be an exciting comp :D

WTF?

Again, look to past years. NZ always go well after they have a few games under their belts. We haven't flogged them in a TN final in a long, long time.

But hey, keep deathriding the game. It's great to know that the negativity portrayed EVERYWHERE, by fans and not just the regular critics, should ensure that our game never grows.

FFS.

I'm not "deathriding" anything, as Dave said, I'm longing for a more competitive world cup between the top contenders. Last night showed me there is nothing to get excited about. It's not negativity either, it's me being realistic. The hype from some of the people on here about the world cup was far too optimistic. It's gonna be great seeing the smaller nations play, however it's a shame channel 9 aren't showing those games.[/quote:1c11rofe]

Agree. And I think a crowd of 34,000 was great considering NZ has dropped their last 7 tests to Australia. Now make that 8.

International League?

Blame who or what you want, the only reason the game was boring is because 3 players weren't there;
- Lima
- Asotasi
- SBW

Add those 3 and a Q Cup standard halfback and it would have been a very different story.

P.S. Price and Civo are gods, JT/ Locky are the best halves pairing I have ever seen, barring Lewis/Langer.

P.P.S The game only got "boring" after 65 minutes and IMO, was no more "boring" than QLD smashing NSW in the second Origin this year.

Actually come to think of it, Origin has become predictable, with 3 QLD series victories. I think we need to change the eligibility rules. Anyone whose parents were born outside of QLD has to play for NSW...even things up.

P.P.P.S. JT is sooooooo over rated. LOLZ!!

Smashing NSW is never boring!!!

Lockyer. **** this bloke is a legend. Dead set, last night he played well and he still had me shaking my head in amazement. To be as dominant as he is for so long over all levels of the game - the likes of which have not been seen since Allan Langer. Champion!!!

Scotty said:
mick! said:
Scotty said:

[quote="mick!":196vwpyg]
Coxy said:

WTF?

FFS.

I'm not "deathriding" anything, as Dave said, I'm longing for a more competitive world cup between the top contenders. Last night showed me there is nothing to get excited about. It's not negativity either, it's me being realistic. The hype from some of the people on here about the world cup was far too optimistic. It's gonna be great seeing the smaller nations play, however it's a shame channel 9 aren't showing those games.[/quote:196vwpyg]

Didn't hear the same comments from you when Qld defeated NSW by a larger margin in game two this year. In fact, I think we've seen just as many lopsided origins as internationals in the past 8 years or so... yet one still apparently remains the pinnacle while the other is held up for ridicule.

Look, it's game one. Long ways to go yet & anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding. The final could well be a 30-0 romp. But dismissing it entirely, especially when three of the four games played so far have been close and entertaining affairs, is premature and short-sighted IMO.

mick! said:
Scotty said:
[quote="mick!":gt62quk8]
Scotty said:

[quote="mick!":gt62quk8]
Coxy said:

WTF?

FFS.

I'm not "deathriding" anything, as Dave said, I'm longing for a more competitive world cup between the top contenders. Last night showed me there is nothing to get excited about. It's not negativity either, it's me being realistic. The hype from some of the people on here about the world cup was far too optimistic. It's gonna be great seeing the smaller nations play, however it's a shame channel 9 aren't showing those games.[/quote:gt62quk8]

Didn't hear the same comments from you when Qld defeated NSW by a larger margin in game two this year. In fact, I think we've seen just as many lopsided origins as internationals in the past 8 years or so... yet one still apparently remains the pinnacle while the other is held up for ridicule.

Look, it's game one. Long ways to go yet & anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding. The final could well be a 30-0 romp. But dismissing it entirely, especially when three of the four games played so far have been close and entertaining affairs, is premature and short-sighted IMO.[/quote:gt62quk8]

The scoreline had nothing to do with why I thought it was boring. I was disappointed that it wasn't a closer game but I wouldn't have cared about the score a more attractive game of footy was played. When Queensland thrashed NSW earlier this year they did it in great style and it was entertaining to watch. The game on Sunday to me was dead boring.
Also, competitiveness isn't a problem in SOO because the talent pool is always shifting, and the games are still pretty close most of the time. It is a great contest and a great spectacle. It sh*ts all over international league and will continue to do so until eligability rules change. As much as it would upset people, overseas born players need to be given the right to play SOO. IMO that would help alot as I feel many players choose to represent Australia because they want to play origin. The Maroon or Blue jersey is alot more prized than the Green and Gold these days. It might be hard to accept but its a fact.

Hammo said:
International League?

Blame who or what you want, the only reason the game was boring is because 3 players weren't there;
- Lima
- Asotasi
- SBW

Add those 3 and a Q Cup standard halfback and it would have been a very different story.

P.S. Price and Civo are gods, JT/ Locky are the best halves pairing I have ever seen, barring Lewis/Langer.

P.P.S The game only got "boring" after 65 minutes and IMO, was no more "boring" than QLD smashing NSW in the second Origin this year.

Actually come to think of it, Origin has become predictable, with 3 QLD series victories. I think we need to change the eligibility rules. Anyone whose parents were born outside of QLD has to play for NSW...even things up.

P.P.P.S. JT is sooooooo over rated. LOLZ!!
Yeah!!!!!! Well said Hammo!

The Rock said:
Hammo, you're a dick. Everyone was hailing Thurston as the best thing since sliced bread earlier in the year when he was playing no better than Scott Prince, Darren Lockyer, Cameron Smith etc. Hence the over-rated tag. And rightfully so. So stop going on about it.

Who wants battered Rock and chips for dinner?

The Rock said:
Anyway, I've said it many times before. But Darren Lockyer is proving to be the best player I have ever seen. Alfie was great, but I am just starting to feel like Darren Lockyer is surpasses him. Saturday night's peformance was absolutely faultless, this guy makes everything look so damn easy.

Johns is better than both of them. Johns used to belt front rowers in defense Lockyer couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag (that is to say if it were easily possible to tackle one's self from out of a paper bag) he could also do everything Lockyer can do with the ball.

Apparently Kidley's out of the tournament with injury.

Who gets his bench spot? Common sense would have to say Hunt. Can cover the backrow and the back line.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="The Rock":2grf885x]Anyway, I've said it many times before. But Darren Lockyer is proving to be the best player I have ever seen. Alfie was great, but I am just starting to feel like Darren Lockyer is surpasses him. Saturday night's peformance was absolutely faultless, this guy makes everything look so damn easy.

Johns is better than both of them. Johns used to belt front rowers in defense Lockyer couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag (that is to say if it were easily possible to tackle one's self from out of a paper bag) he could also do everything Lockyer can do with the ball.[/quote:2grf885x]

Can't argue with that. Oh wait, YES I CAN!

Johns NEVER dominated Origin. Lockyer owned Origin 2006-07.
Johns NEVER dominated at Test level. Lockyer owned the 2003 Ashes and 2004 Tri Nations.

And don't get started on their personalities. Johns was a pathetic man. He would blow up at teammates, sledge refs, sledge opponents, then get out on the pills. Absolute arsehole and a disgrace to the green and gold.

Lockyer, not as good as Langer, but easily the best player of the past decade.

ethos said:

Who gets his bench spot? Common sense would have to say Hunt. Can cover the backrow and the back line.

Sounds good the Aussies would have put 50 on the Kiwis on Sunday night if Hunt was at fullback!! I have no doubt in my mind!

ethos said:

Slater -> Bench
Hunt -> Start icon_thumbs_u

Coxy said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="The Rock":m0y9swmf]Anyway, I've said it many times before. But Darren Lockyer is proving to be the best player I have ever seen. Alfie was great, but I am just starting to feel like Darren Lockyer is surpasses him. Saturday night's peformance was absolutely faultless, this guy makes everything look so damn easy.

Johns is better than both of them. Johns used to belt front rowers in defense Lockyer couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag (that is to say if it were easily possible to tackle one's self from out of a paper bag) he could also do everything Lockyer can do with the ball.

Can't argue with that. Oh wait, YES I CAN!

Johns NEVER dominated Origin. Lockyer owned Origin 2006-07.
Johns NEVER dominated at Test level. Lockyer owned the 2003 Ashes and 2004 Tri Nations.

And don't get started on their personalities. Johns was a pathetic man. He would blow up at teammates, sledge refs, sledge opponents, then get out on the pills. Absolute arsehole and a disgrace to the green and gold.

Lockyer, not as good as Langer, but easily the best player of the past decade.[/quote:m0y9swmf]

Yeah, yeah, yeah....typical one-eyed Broncos supporter comeback. Johns dominated origin and is second only to Wally Lewis in MOTM awards he also dominated when given the opportunity in tests in the 7 as Andersen kept putting Noddy in ahead of him. I don't care what Johns is like off the field he was a better player than Lockyer and Langer. Johns was better at more facets of the game than either of them. END OF STORY.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Skathen
  • Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.