Aussie tour of South Africa

Warner!!! Wtf he struggles in the 50 over format

He's scored a couple of first class hundreds the last couple of months, including a double hundred for Australia A.

Warner will be in the test team within the next 12-24 months. I can see him holding a spot down for a long time. He is a very complete batsman and used to excel over the long format before hit and giggle came along.

He's a far better prospect than Hughes IMO, but Phil has earned his shot.

Even beads would have laughed off his own suggestion 12 months ago but Warner has been in very good form lately. Well worth taking a look at while the likes of Hughes continued to struggle.

He's scored a couple of first class hundreds the last couple of months, including a double hundred for Australia A.

How has he gone in the odi's?

Phil Hughes and khwaja killed it domestically but have yet to step up

How has he gone in the odi's?

Phil Hughes and khwaja killed it domestically but have yet to step up

In fairness, Khawaja hasn't had a lot of opportunities yet, not as many as Hughes.

Warner's One Day stats aren't great, international or domestic.

If he can't apply himself for 50 overs......

I'm just saying I don't think he is suited for the test team

Well he can, he did score 74 off 90 in an odi against south Africa..

If he can't apply himself for 50 overs......

I'm just saying I don't think he is suited for the test team

He managed to apply himself for a double hundred in a first class game (albeit against Zimbabwe).

I've never seen Hughes do anything except struggle to gain even a dot ball. Why is he still there?

Bring back Buchanan.

Alright, I've been thinking about it and I see how it could work. He could change an innings or set the tone ala Chris gayle, sehwag or even slater back in the day.

The problem will be is the order of the top 7 when punter gets punted and mr cricket hangs it up.

Warner
Hughes
Marsh
Khwaja
Pup
Watson
Keeper other then haddin
Harris
Not siddle
Not Johnson
Pick random spinner

I hate the fact Mitch keeps getting touted as an all rounder. If your a bowler your job is to get wickets and keep it tight. If you can hang around a bit for one of the top 7 then bonus

Alright, I've been thinking about it and I see how it could work. He could change an innings or set the tone ala Chris gayle, sehwag or even slater back in the day.

Mate, Warner bats like a normal person in the longer formats.. He doesn't go hard like Sehwag or Gayle. He has a good technique and is in super form.

On a trivial topic, yesterday featured part of the first and second innings of both teams. All in the one day. Would that have ever happened before???

On a trivial topic, yesterday featured part of the first and second innings of both teams. All in the one day. Would that have ever happened before???

I'd say not for about 100 years!

I guess so considering it didn't beat the record for wickets in a day

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Old Mate
  • Rambstien
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.