Aussie tour of South Africa

Mate, Warner bats like a normal person in the longer formats.. He doesn't go hard like Sehwag or Gayle. He has a good technique and is in super form.

I didn't mean go the tonk but he could easily dismantle the bowling

Warner is quite a conservative batsman in the longer form. I would be looking at him behind Usman as the next in line. Hughes problem is not his technique but his shot selection. His record is deserving of an extended stint, IMO he gets the Australian summer against the Kiwis and India then the following series abroad. Khawaja is an opener first and middle order player second, he is another option up the top of the order that has to be looked at. Watson needs to move down the order so he can comfortably bowl 20 overs a day. He is quite easily our number 2 bowler.

Khawaja
Hughes
Marsh
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin until Paine is ready
Johnson (just)
Harris
Copeland
Lyon

Ive got Peter Poo well back in the pecking order. For a bowler who has no variation and naturally drops short it is astounding he continues to get picked. He took 15 wickets in the Ashes series. Two 6 fas and then 3 wickets from the remaining 8 innings. Appalling.

Ben Cutting would be my next in line over the longer format. Hastings from Victoria is also an impressive individual. He bowled one of the best domestic spells I've seen against the Bulls. Toyed with Floros, whilst Lynn (in the 90s at the time) quipped he thought about giving his wicket away such was the hostility of the spell.

I'm not a massive Siddle fan either but I think he's treated a tad harshly. He really was the only bowler who took wickets consistently over the Ashes series (although not as consistent as you would like as m1c mentioned). He's better than Johnson that's for sure (although even I would have claims at that status at the moment, he is complete ####).

Other than that I agree with your side m1c. We can't do a NSW Blues and just keep chopping and changing with these players on the rise. Hughes has shown in the past that he has what it takes at the highest level, he is worth persisting with at least through the summer. Khawaja would be great at the top of the order I reckon.

I am starting to warm to Siddle, he is improving and has a ton of ticker.

And I know batting isn't his role, but he has that handy Jason Gillespie type ability to just hang around with someone from higher up the order.

His batting has really improved and is certainly handy, should be batting ahead of Harris IMO.

Reality is we have a fair few quicks coming through who could be really really good but they need first class bowling to see how they go. Harris is a must for our side at the moment but he could break down at any moment. Johnson is hopeless at times but also looks like the best bowler in the world at times which makes him so hard to drop for the selectors.

Unfortunately, ticker doesn't get you wickets. He's been horrendous this match, so has Mitch. It's amateur hour with those two. Conditions dictate you bowl stump to stump. On this pitch the Huss would be a better option than both.

I don't envy the new selectors. There hasn't been this much uncertainty in decades. Hilditch and co. had it far easier IMO. They just made the wrong decisions.

Unfortunately, ticker doesn't get you wickets. He's been horrendous this match,

Siddle has bowled 8 overs for the match, hardly call that horrendous... I was a Siddle Hater last summer as well.

Want to compare that to every other bowler's first 8 overs? He hasn't looked threatening and along with MJ has been the most expensive - purely because he has failed to adapt to the conditions (as always). It's up and down, short of a length or nothing at all.

Want to compare that to every other bowler's first 8 overs? He hasn't looked threatening and along with MJ has been the most expensive - purely because he has failed to adapt to the conditions (as always). It's up and down, short of a length or nothing at all.

Had a lot of play and misses in the first innings. A few nicks for four as well.

Remember when we had so much depth, players like Bichel and MacGill couldn't get a look in? *sigh*

Lol any muppet could have coached the team he had at his disposal.
You can say that, but he brought in some very good fielding techniques that seem to have been pushed by the way-side. He was a good tactician also.
YOu can't say that he wouldn't do a better job than what's happening now.

You can say that, but he brought in some very good fielding techniques that seem to have been pushed by the way-side. He was a good tactician also.
YOu can't say that he wouldn't do a better job than what's happening now.

No doubt he had some good traits but I highly doubt he would make much of a difference if any at all to the current side.

It's amazing to compare where we're at now with where we were 10 years ago.

We certainly seem to have made a bit of a hash of this 'bringing in the new brigade' thing.

Bring back Katich! :rockon:

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.