Aussie tour of South Africa

It's hard to stay positive watching this team ffs just look what happened within an hour or so last test

It's hard to stay positive watching this team ffs just look what happened within an hour or so last test

The collapse is still well and truly our weakness at the moment. Our quicks would look much better defending decent totals.

But will looking better mean taking 20 wickets in a match?

But will looking better mean taking 20 wickets in a match?

Doubtful but who knows. Would help if we had a spinner that could genuinely take wickets.

At least we have a captain who knows how to use one now

This. When was the last time we took 20 wickets against decent opposition? England in Perth?

Exactly and because all four quicks bowled as a unit.

Harris tries to build pressure and then you have mitch spraying them or siddle bowling em short. Watson cant bowl all day as he has to open*

The talent we have now is so so #### compared to our great teams. It's going to be a long summer I reckon

Looks like Pat Cummings, who has 3 career first grade games and a bowling average of 46 is going to debut. Interesting choice to say the least.

It's a pathetic selection regardless of whether he does well. The baggygreen has been cheapened again.. None of our quicks are tight bowlers so I expect a high run rate depending on Johnson swing it in or not.

#### me - did no one pay attention to the Argus review?

They have arguably the best performed domestic bowler of the last 2 or 3 seasons carrying the drinks..

Hilditch is still a selector but it's his last team he'll pick

After a good start South Africa have capitulated, losing 6 wickets for 25 runs to end up all out for 266.

Australia in-front but they need to show some patience this innings.

Cindy expect to wake up to South Africa being bowled out.. We better bat well tonight. Johnson playing in his last test match

After a good start South Africa have capitulated, losing 6 wickets for 25 runs to end up all out for 266.

And our innings goes pretty much the exact same way. Was a great start by Hughes and Watson but nothing really to speak of after that.

I've always said that Punter deserves to go out on his own terms, based on what he has done for Australian cricket over his career. But I get the feeling that he's not aware that his time is up and that a tough decision may have to be made, and made very soon. He came to the crease with a lot in his favour but failed.

It's a shame, because I've been a big fan of his over his career (as a batsman anyway), but the writing appears to be well and truly on the wall unfortunately.

Great to see Hughes bat well, and even better to see that he batted aggressively. 88 off 111 balls, really good to see the scoreboard ticking over. Would've been good to see him get his ton but overall a good innings. Let's hope he can continue that.

Khawaja, I get the feeling just needs his first big score, and then he's going to be something special.

Khawaja, I get the feeling just needs his first big score, and then he's going to be something special.

I reckon your on the money here champ. A very patient player with a pretty good technique.. Just needs that break thorugh innings

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morepudding
  • Dexter
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • upthebroncs
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Astro
  • bb_gun
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.