Aussie tour of South Africa

It was a sitter, thinking Haddin should have taken it though.

Need one of our bowlers to go off here

Lol yep it was a sitter and Johnson bowling trash.. He must be near the end.

Lost by 8 wickets and Smith and Amla both made tons

How many times have we thrown away games like this

The last 3 years have been dreadful and it has made it worse because we have not had a clear plan for the future...

YAWN it's been done to death and he really isn't that good that is why he was dropped over Ponting.

Yet he's Australia's third highest ranked player in the ICC Player Rankings for batting.

It was a sitter, thinking Haddin should have taken it though.

It was Haddin's every day of the week. Wicket keepers should be catching everything. Remember Gilchrist and Healy diving in front of 2nd slip to take catches. Haddin sets a low standard for the fielders around him IMO.

Agreed Jeb. The more I watched it the more I thought it was Haddins catch.

Our batsmen seem to have no idea how to play pitches that allow movement off the seam. The same thing happened in England a couple of years ago when Broad rolled us in the fourth or fifth test and last year when the Paki's dismantled us for under 100.

Seems like we've become so used to flat pitches prepared for 20/20 that as soon as we come across a pitch with movement we turn to water.

I'm pretty sure CA issued a directive regarding the domestic wickets to address the problem

The wickets last season were pretty lively and not many batsmen performed well. Cricket Australia is a mess, it has been run into the ground. It will take the whole organization a couple of years to get back to where it should be. Also we really just don't have the talent at our disposal at the moment. We have some younger prospects coming through that may guide us back to the winners circle but only time will tell.

Warner over to replace Marsh - a few servings of humble pie are in order.

Excellent decision.. He is in great form. Doubt he will play but he is going to get a game this summer IMO

I'm not sure about excellent, it's a sad state of affairs when all you've got to do is hit a couple of centuries and you're in the Australian side. For our sake, I hope he fulfils his potential but my hopes aren't exactly sky high.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.