Aussie tour of South Africa

Australia are just on top with South Africa 3/94 with Smith, Kallis and Rudolph back in the pavilion. Amla and de Villiers is a danger partnership but if Australia can break it early I can see us going onto win *touch wood*.

Cummins and Lyon have been fairly impressive today.

We are witnessing the sad demise of a champion. Three years ago Ponting was in a rut, however this is now the 4th consecutive year he's returned below par offerings. From the best since Bradman he is IMO now well down the pecking order. His slowed reflexes and failing eye have unmasked an ego and stubbornness. Unlike the other premier bats of his generation Ponting has failed to adapt with age. Tendulkar reinvested himself, whilst Ricky continues to persist with failing tactics. The fact he hasn't put away his hook and pull is a testament to everything I have just said.

Here's hoping he bows out before his legacy is tainted beyond repair. The last thing anyone needs is for him to score runs against a pop gun NZ attack.

Last edited:
Here's hoping he bows out before his legacy is tainted beyond repair.

His legacy was tainted when he was captain of the arrogant Australian team.

He was mr arrogant.

He did, but Ponting went further.

So much so, I was cheering for them to lose. (I know they won't lose sleep over it)

Now we have Michael Clarke as captain. :haha: (Let the hate continue)

And we continue to have problems mopping up the tail. Brett Lee wasn't an outstanding fast bowler but at least he could take care of tail enders.

Cummins does the job, now will ponting keep his?

####s sake, Khawaja done by the wrong'un.

Was good to see Khawaja make some runs, should be still in but he did a good job and is all class. I see a long test career in front of him. Also great to see Punter making some runs, I always wanted him to go out on top so hopefully he can guide us to a win. I still think he should walk away after this summer. Maybe even play his last game at Hobart against the Kiwis. We should win this from here but I am not confident.

Was good to see Khawaja make some runs, should be still in but he did a good job and is all class. I see a long test career in front of him. Also great to see Punter making some runs, I always wanted him to go out on top so hopefully he can guide us to a win. I still think he should walk away after this summer. Maybe even play his last game at Hobart against the Kiwis. We should win this from here but I am not confident.

Time for the captains - previous and current - to put in captain's knocks. Honestly think the result will be determined in the first hour. If Australia loses Ponting, it's game over IMO. If they get through that first hour and get set, then I think Australia should go on with it. An early wicket exposes the risk of yet another collapse.

Agreed on all counts, really would be something if we can draw this series.... We may not be as bad as most think but our worst is as bad as it gets.

It'd be a fantastic victory.

Consider everything that has gone against us...

- Our most talented player gets injured and we lose his bowling services.
- Our best bowler is unavailable
- The game we just came off of
- All the luck going SA's way
- Away from home
- During a transitional period

It'd be right up there.

It'd be a fantastic victory.

Consider everything that has gone against us...

- Our most talented player gets injured and we lose his bowling services.
- Our best bowler is unavailable
- The game we just came off of
- All the luck going SA's way
- Away from home
- During a transitional period

It'd be right up there.

If only we had a 3rd Test to break a deadlock should Australia jag a win.

Apparently it is raining in Johannesburg so this makes it tougher for us to get the win if we get any play at all.

Looks like the first session is gone and more rain is predicted in the afternoon. Could get the middle session plus a bit more but is that enough time?? Doubtful.

Active Now

• Galah
  • upthebroncs
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morepudding
  • Dexter
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Astro
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.