Australia v England Second Test Adelaide

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Unless the biggest disaster in Australian cricket history happens.

1-0 up going to Adelaide.

Sayers maybe in for one of the quicks home ground under lights- swing might work.

The one to miss out on form would be Starc.

We aren't dropping any of the quicks for Chadd Sayers. This should be our bowling attack for all 5 games.

Might not drop someone but rather rest them

No one should ever be rested in tests, stupidest idea ever that came from probably the worst period ever in the history of Australian cricket management and seems to have stuck around a bit for some reason. this is the Ashes, no other test series matters anymore unfortunately.

No one should ever be rested in tests, stupidest idea ever that came from probably the worst period ever in the history of Australian cricket management and seems to have stuck around a bit for some reason. this is the Ashes, no other test series matters anymore unfortunately.

I agree on your anti resting players but you need to be smart too. Back to back Tests always drains guys and all quicks especially takes it toll. We lost a series to SA after bowling ourselves into the ground in Adelaide.

We know it swings more with the pink ball and under lights, they have Anderson and Broad who could get big hauls in those conditions. I am not against picking a team that suits. It's no different to picking spinners in India.

If Adelaide will swing more then Sayers could be vital, then unleash all three again in Perth.

Last edited:
I agree on your anti resting players but you need to be smart too. Back to back Tests always drains guys and all quicks especially takes it toll. We lost a series to SA after bowling ourselves into the ground in Adelaide.

We know it swings more with the pink ball and under lights, they have Anderson and Broad who could get big hauls in those conditions. I am not against picking a team that suits. It's no different to picking spinners in India.

If Adelaide will swing more then Sayers could be vital, then unleash all three again in Perth.

I understand your points and am not against picking Sayers or especially Bird but these three quicks have all done a fantastic job. I think their workload can easily be managed in game by including Maxwell or Cartwright instead of Marsh. Neither of those guys are particularly great bowlers but they can serve a purpose and play a role that SMarsh can't. Pick one of them and let them be that relieving bowler who can bowl from an end to give the main guys a rest. Given how well Lyon is bowling these days as well, he has the ability to hold up one end while rotating the three quicks from the other, massive asset for this side.

I understand your points and am not against picking Sayers or especially Bird but these three quicks have all done a fantastic job. I think their workload can easily be managed in game by including Maxwell or Cartwright instead of Marsh. Neither of those guys are particularly great bowlers but they can serve a purpose and play a role that SMarsh can't. Pick one of them and let them be that relieving bowler who can bowl from an end to give the main guys a rest. Given how well Lyon is bowling these days as well, he has the ability to hold up one end while rotating the three quicks from the other, massive asset for this side.

A 50 from Marsh is the selectors equivalent of a 300 for any other player, so I doubt he's getting dropped. I'm not looking forward to seeing him bat under lights against Anderson though.

A 50 from Marsh is the selectors equivalent of a 300 for any other player, so I doubt he's getting dropped. I'm not looking forward to seeing him bat under lights against Anderson though.

Particularly given he made a 50 in the first innings in Brissy, that is like a 2000 run season for most players in the selectors eyes.

Jackson Bird - 8/81 off 33.0 overs in his 2 innings for Tasmania vs South Australia.

Keeping the boys on their toes.

Cartwright slammed into the wall and is hurt v Bulls.

Saw a photo this morning of what is supposed to be Stokes at Heathrow on his way.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ben-...ia-england-ashes-durham-allrounder/2017-11-28

The England and Wales Cricket Board has poured cold water on speculation that Ben Stokes is bound for Australia to potentially take the field in the Magellan Ashes series.
An image alleged to be of the star allrounder at London's Heathrow Airport began doing the rounds on social media today.
There have been murmurs that Stokes could make a mid-series appearance in the Ashes after he posted a series of videos of him bowling and batting in the nets at Chester-le-Street, the home ground of his county side, Durham.
However, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) insists Stokes is instead making a trip to New Zealand to visit family.
“The ECB is aware that Ben Stokes is making a private trip to New Zealand to spend time with his family. His travel arrangements have not been arranged by the ECB,” a statement read.
“He is not on his way to the Ashes, England Lions or any other official training camps with the England set-up.”

Active Now

• kman
  • Big Del
  • porouian
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • azza.79
  • Broncs1459
  • Browny
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rambstien
  • thenry
  • davidp
  • kiwibronco
  • something
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.