Australia v England Second Test Adelaide

Completely different scenario's. You can slice this whatever way you want but the facts are.

- We were on top of them.
- They were demoralised.
- We had a significantly lead.
- We would have had the new ball under lights.

Instead we turned around and gave them that advantage.

Apart from the lights it was identical. Margin in Kolkata- 285. Not too different from the 215 in Adelaide. I think it's very relevant if you're going to debate follow ons.

This all could have been avoided if we didn't bat like busteds yesterday afternoon. We had the excuse of the ball under lights on Monday night, but we lost another 6/80 in the sunshine. That's why we're in this position, not Smith's decision to bat again.

It doesn't matter what decision you make re: the follow on if you play shit cricket afterwards.

I agree completely. Too much emphasis and focus on these decisions and the toss. The WI won in Adelaide after bowling first and sent Australia in- because they played well after that.

West Indies won all over the world, sent in or batting first. Steve Waugh's team same- well not in India because they bowled badly after sending them back in and then batted badly.

If Australia bat better in the first innings and get another 100 they can enforce the follow on probably. if they bowl better Monday night they're not in this position. If they bat better when going back in England are chasing 450.

I love this bowling attack, hope it doesn't change for the next 5 years.

Starc can still improve his consistency and Cummins can improve on his length, but they all compliment each other really well, and aren't bad with the bat or in the field either, as a bit of gravy on top.

Just need to get this batting lineup sorted and we'll be the #1 test team for the foreseeable future.

Any chance smith could control his body language

Hazelwood taking the wicket.

For a guy with 5000 Test runs a conversion rate of 34 fifties and 13 100's isn't good enough. It's a real weakness.

I love this bowling attack, hope it doesn't change for the next 5 years.

Starc can still improve his consistency and Cummins can improve on his length, but they all compliment each other really well, and aren't bad with the bat or in the field either, as a bit of gravy on top.

Just need to get this batting lineup sorted and we'll be the #1 test team for the foreseeable future.

We can't win in England or India, that's two pretty big holes.

We can't win in England or India, that's two pretty big holes.

And neither of them can win here. Winning in India & England have always been problems.

Looking at Overton I reckon he’s done some damage to the ribs.

Starc gets his radar back

Straight to bed for smith as he wouldn’t have got any sleep last night

I don't know how anyone can have an emphatic view on the follow on. It's never a clear cut decision.
I know it's been said that the poms were shot, well they didn't show it with the ball.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.