Australia v England Second Test Adelaide

First innings leads when Aus has enforced the follow-on since Kolkata 2001: 209 223 252 277 281 302 326 332 340 360 400 493 496 Average 330.

Pretty selective when they do it. Only twice was it near the 215 of this Test.

12 wins and 1 draw when enforced the follow on. Compared to 19 wins and no draws or losses when not enforced the follow on.

I don't understand this.

Wouldn't mocking them and assuming you're going to get them out for under 215 be more disrespectful? How is saying we need more because you're a good batting side disrespectful.

Dravid and Laxman felt disrespected and mocked.

Throwing away the advantage you have so you ‘rest’ your bowlers is disrespectful. It’s akin to rolling out your b team against the knights because you think you can give your top guys a rest and still win.

I actually feel that England are in front after the loss of only one wicket in during the "dangerous" hour before stumps. With the ball not doing much, six wickets in hand and a whole day to get well under 200 runs, the Aussies better come out with some intensity tomorrow

England well I’m front. If Smith is going to continue to make stupid calls like this someone needs to help him with his decision making.

England well I’m front. If Smith is going to continue to make stupid calls like this someone needs to help him with his decision making.
That's were Warner should step in being the vice captain. I reckon it will all be over by second session today with a big ton with Root.... Let's hope I'm wrong but last nights bowling was disappointing and that was our big chance

That's were Warner should step in being the vice captain. I reckon it will all be over by second session today with a big ton with Root.... Let's hope I'm wrong but last nights bowling was disappointing and that was our big chance

Who should have helped Waugh when he sent India back in and we got rolled?

The coach should be helping the captain that's part of their job...that said no one should have to help them they should be able to read the game just like any great captain in sport

The coach should be helping the captain that's part of their job...that said no one should have to help them they should be able to read the game just like any great captain in sport

So Waugh was wrong to enforce the follow on and Smith is wrong not to- what option would you like then?

Throwing away the advantage you have so you ‘rest’ your bowlers is disrespectful. It’s akin to rolling out your b team against the knights because you think you can give your top guys a rest and still win.

The fact that Kolkata 2001 still gets brought up and talked about 16 years later means you can't win either way people will complain and bag you and jump on it. Was Waugh disrespectful?

If Waugh had gone back in and got 200 runs Australia wins or at least draws and wins the series.

Two different games mate.... What are you getting at?

You can't have it both ways and you can lose either way, enforcing the follow on doesn't mean you win.

People bag Waugh and now people are bagging Smith. If Smith had sent them back in and got beaten the same people would be say why wouldn't you go back and get some runs.

We would never have lost if we sent them back in because we would've had another new ball at them for the Day 3 night session. This entire test has been decided by who's had the new ball / bowls the best with the new rock under lights, Smith gave them an opening to win the game, they took it.

Now we need to rely on our bowlers to try and steal back what should've been an innings win.

We shouldn't forget we have scoreboard pressure and now the weight of expectation on our side.
There are some major hand wringers around here.
Its not like they're park cricketers .

You can't have it both ways and you can lose either way, enforcing the follow on doesn't mean you win.
Yeah that's true, the Australian batting was embarrassing yesterday and bowling underwhelming last night, I'm sure Smith was banking on the fact that we had been batting and bowling much better than England. All I'm saying is it wasn't until Smith decided to bat again that England began to believe that they could give it a crack, with wickets falling and now panic in the Aussies team it would been interesting to see if we could of bowled them out for the same amount of runs that we got yesterday

This all could have been avoided if we didn't bat like busteds yesterday afternoon. We had the excuse of the ball under lights on Monday night, but we lost another 6/80 in the sunshine. That's why we're in this position, not Smith's decision to bat again.

It doesn't matter what decision you make re: the follow on if you play shit cricket afterwards.

Mate who cares, we are talking about this game, about this current team, about this current captain.

The fact that Kolkata 2001 still gets brought up and talked about 16 years later means you can't win either way people will complain and bag you and jump on it. Was Waugh disrespectful?

If Waugh had gone back in and got 200 runs Australia wins or at least draws and wins the series.

Completely different scenario's. You can slice this whatever way you want but the facts are.

- We were on top of them.
- They were demoralised.
- We had a significantly lead.
- We would have had the new ball under lights.

Instead we turned around and gave them that advantage.

Yeah that's true, the Australian batting was embarrassing yesterday and bowling underwhelming last night, I'm sure Smith was banking on the fact that we had been batting and bowling much better than England. All I'm saying is it wasn't until Smith decided to bat again that England began to believe that they could give it a crack, with wickets falling and now panic in the Aussies team it would been interesting to see if we could of bowled them out for the same amount of runs that we got yesterday

I would have loved to have seen the England reaction to us not enforcing the follow on.

You know what, David Saker can just go and **** himself.

Fucking rich for Saker, a so-called bowling coach and "support" staff, to say --MID fucking test, and through the media-- that Smith was wrong on the follow on.

Regardless of the call, this **** needs to be fired.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.