Australia v India

Cummins is such a gun!! That bouncer was brutal. I cannot believe the ump didn't give it.

There are some serious question marks today over the umpiring, this is NRL level biasness against Australia today. The quickness of the review earlier was disgraceful to what looked a legitimate reversal followed the very next ball by Vijay muddling it and being given not out with no reviews left due to the stupidity of the ball before. I hope Smith or Lehmann let rip.

Please...you've obviously never umpired cricket in any capacity. If you have you would know it is far from easy to tell what has happened 22 yards away. Sometimes it's obvious, most times it is not. How anyone could accuse these umpires of 'biasness' is unbelievable. Those bat/pad decisions are the toughest as they come. How about giving it to Australia for wasting a review on a 50/50 chance lbw? The DRS should only be used for howlers and at the moment it isn't, it is being used more for tactics or a 'wing and a prayer'.

Please...you've obviously never umpired cricket in any capacity. If you have you would know it is far from easy to tell what has happened 22 yards away. Sometimes it's obvious, most times it is not. How anyone could accuse these umpires of 'biasness' is unbelievable. Those bat/pad decisions are the toughest as they come. How about giving it to Australia for wasting a review on a 50/50 chance lbw? The DRS should only be used for howlers and at the moment it isn't, it is being used more for tactics or a 'wing and a prayer'.

Sure but why should India be the only ones who can complain the world is against them? Give it back to them. That review was a good idea because it looked every bit the possibility it was pad first live. A risk? Sure but definitely worth it. The problem is how quickly it was dismissed, why? That was pathetic from the third umpire.

As for the bat pad, I agree they are quite difficult usually but there was clear bat on it, if an umpire couldn't see that one, what is he doing in the middle?

152 run lead to India, high time Warner steps up as the senior player in our opening partnership.

If we lose early wickets we have a history of capitulation when presented with a small total win or draw.

What is the highest amount of runs scored all up by both teams in a test match

1,981 runs : South Africa v England

South Africa 530 and 481
England 316 and 5-654

Played at Kingsmead, Durban RSA, March 1939

@GustheBronc

This was back when there wasn't a 5 day limit though, so it'll never be broken.

152 run lead to India, high time Warner steps up as the senior player in our opening partnership.

If we lose early wickets we have a history of capitulation when presented with a small total win or draw.
That worked well

1,981 runs : South Africa v England

South Africa 530 and 481
England 316 and 5-654

Played at Kingsmead, Durban RSA, March 1939

@GustheBronc

This was back when there wasn't a 5 day limit though, so it'll never be broken.
Well we are doing not bad with 1073 so far

Well we are doing not bad with 1073 so far

The highest scoring game in the modern era is -

1,747 : Australia v India

India 7-705d and 2-211d
Australia 474 and 6-357

Played at SCG, Sydney, Australia, January 2004

**** Warner, if the 20 year old kid can find a way to play in India there is no reason he shouldn't be able to do the same.

He lacks application when Australia needs it most, that's not trying to detract from his considerable achievements but it is one aspect of his game that needs work.

For the life of me I cant believe Maxwell only bowled 4 over and Smith didn't bowl once. Why pick an all rounder if you aren't going to bowl him?

For the life of me I cant believe Maxwell only bowled 4 over and Smith didn't bowl once. Why pick an all rounder if you aren't going to bowl him?

Smith never bowls and has a side strain anyway and can't bowl. Maxwell isn't an all rounder- four games this season he's bowled in for 19.3 overs.

Well given the amount of overs SOK bowled, I reckon he's bound to be injured heading into the last test so Agar probably comes in.

coming into this series i had my doubts about SOK but after yesterday i have to say that was one of the bravest days of cricket i have seen by an Aussie for years

to bowl 77 overs at an economy rate of 2.58 and pick up three wickets is something to applaud

coming into this series i had my doubts about SOK but after yesterday i have to say that was one of the bravest days of cricket i have seen by an Aussie for years

to bowl 77 overs at an economy rate of 2.58 and pick up three wickets is something to applaud

Have to go back to Warne in 2002 in SA to even get close to that amount of work.

He bowled 70.

Well given the amount of overs SOK bowled, I reckon he's bound to be injured heading into the last test so Agar probably comes in.

Wouldn't be tempted to throw Swepson to the wolves? Agar is definitely the safe choice, and would add a bit of batting depth, but I'd be intrigued by Swepson on these pitches, can rip the ball.

I'd say SOK will be fine to play tbh.

Wouldn't be tempted to throw Swepson to the wolves? Agar is definitely the safe choice, and would add a bit of batting depth, but I'd be intrigued by Swepson on these pitches, can rip the ball.

I'd say SOK will be fine to play tbh.

Yeah I would be tempted to throw Swepson to the wolves but I think it depends on the situation. If Australia lose this test which looks likely, I'd pick him, there really isn't anything to lose. If Australia draw, it is a bit more high stakes and maybe Agar is the better option. I hope it is all hypothetical anyway as SOK definitely deserves the shot if he recovers. I'd have him ahead of Lyon moving forward too just quietly.

I hope it is all hypothetical anyway as SOK definitely deserves the shot if he recovers. I'd have him ahead of Lyon moving forward too just quietly.

Hmmm, think I disagree with that, Lyon has been pretty good as a whole this series, arguably our best bowler for the first 2 tests, most prolific wicket tacking spinner since Warne, and pretty close to passing Benaud as the 2nd greatest spinner ever for Aus. I'd give him the Ashes and see how he performs, then make a decision after next Summer.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.