CRICKET Australia v Pakistan Series

500 for Lyon! Cements his greatness.

Jeez those numbers make Ashwin look great

Pakistan will have the chance to iron out their kinks during a two-day tour match against Victoria at the Junction Oval, starting on Friday.

The match will give Marcus Harris another chance to push his case to replace the retiring David Warner later this summer, while Peter Handscomb and Will Pucovski are also set to play for the Vics.

Pakistan will have the chance to iron out their kinks during a two-day tour match against Victoria at the Junction Oval, starting on Friday.

The match will give Marcus Harris another chance to push his case to replace the retiring David Warner later this summer, while Peter Handscomb and Will Pucovski are also set to play for the Vics.
Yes I’m sure if Harris has just one more chance on top of his other chances, he will surely make runs and impress the selectors so much that he will immediately
Replace Warner for Boxing Day and be made captain.

The guy is a spud and looks like a spud.

Yes I’m sure if Harris has just one more chance on top of his other chances, he will surely make runs and impress the selectors so much that he will immediately
Replace Warner for Boxing Day and be made captain.

The guy is a spud and looks like a spud.

He can’t field either, he just shouldn’t be anywhere near the side. The fact he has played tests and guys like David Hussey and Jamie Siddons never did is just sad.

Ashwin has gotten WAY better as he's aged. He is a gun now in all conditions which he wasn't early on.

Harris 126 off 131.

Pakistan have demanded no footage of the game.

Just to put Australian off-spinners in perspective.

Lyon 123 Tests- 501 wickets
Trumble 32 Tests-141 wickets
Mallett-38 Tests-132 wickets
Yardley 33 Tests-126 wickets
Johnson 45 Tests-109 wickets

Just to put Australian off-spinners in perspective.

Lyon 123 Tests- 501 wickets
Trumble 32 Tests-141 wickets
Mallett-38 Tests-132 wickets
Yardley 33 Tests-126 wickets
Johnson 45 Tests-109 wickets

I was a big fan of Yardley in his day .
Used to try and mimic his action .

Just on Marcus Harris, I know for myself the memories I have of him aren't his failures with the bat. It's the dropped catch when Ben Stokes got England over the line from a ridiculous position. He will have to have worked on his fielding to win back a few Aussie fans.

No one watching today?

Smith gone not long ago with the faintest of edges.

No one watching today?

Smith gone not long ago with the faintest of edges.

I can see Smith retiring soon. He just isn't a patch on his old self and he's been found out in that area at the bat handle outside off stump. Unlike in the past, he hasn't been able to fix the problem. He looks to be going the way of late career Ponting. I really hope he has one or two more big years in him but I'm not sure.

I can see Smith retiring soon. He just isn't a patch on his old self and he's been found out in that area at the bat handle outside off stump. Unlike in the past, he hasn't been able to fix the problem. He looks to be going the way of late career Ponting. I really hope he has one or two more big years in him but I'm not sure.
He looks a little bit disinterested as well. Since THAT Ashes series I have thought his best cricket and when he looks most interested was when he has been captain.

There are so many complicated moving parts to Smith’s batting at the moment - grip, stance, lateral movement ect, it’s little wonder he’s finding it difficult to hit the ball off the square and occupy the crease for long enough to make big runs..

I’d love to see him somehow find a way to unlock himself from these physical & mental constraints, simplify everything & just bat with a clear mind

I think he’d need an exorcist though !

I haven't followed Test Cricket properly in ages, reading the posts though its crazy to think that Smith could be declining this early. He's possibly the 2nd best Australian test batsman of all time, you'd think he could remain great until at least 36/37 or so.

I haven't followed Test Cricket properly in ages, reading the posts though its crazy to think that Smith could be declining this early. He's possibly the 2nd best Australian test batsman of all time, you'd think he could remain great until at least 36/37 or so.

It happened with Ponting and many other Aussie bats. Most of them are good eye batsmen and once that starts to wane, the writing is on the wall.

This pitch is doing a lot, 300 might be a tough score to get here.

Not a great two balls by the umpire there. Takes a long time to give both out, one for LBW which was clearly edged and then one out caught that clearly missed the bat.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.