Australia vs India Discussion

State of Origin Rep
So assuming that Smith comes back in for Smarsh who will probably (should) retire after his ban is up, we're going to go to England with:
1. Warner
2. Bancroft
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. MMarsh

Another away series loss to England, shame.

EDIT: We're seeing the dawn of a new golden boy in Head. He's done absolutely nothing to justify the undying love he's receiving from the selectors - he may as well be the Marshes long lost brother.

As an aside, did anyone see JL's press conference the other day? The guy is on another planet, like he's more out of it than Freddy.
Head has been pretty consistent for SA. He hasn't had a below 500 season since 2012/2013.

738 av 46
645 av 43 plus a tough 137no in the Shield final.
721 av 36
641 av 37

He's played two Tests for one 50 not sure how he's done nothing?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Finch & Handscomb should've secured their spots with those digs. Still not sold on Harris.

I wouldn't be against going with this for the first test, it's probably the best mixture of form & experience we've got -

1. S.Marsh
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. Handscomb
5. Head
6. M.Marsh
7. Paine (c)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Finch & Handscomb should've secured their spots with those digs. Still not sold on Harris.

I wouldn't be against going with this for the first test, it's probably the best mixture of form & experience we've got -

1. S.Marsh
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. Handscomb
5. Head
6. M.Marsh
7. Paine (c)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood
This truly is a dark time for Australian Cricket.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell

1. S.Marsh
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. Handscomb
5. Head
6. M.Marsh
7. Paine (c)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood
That top 7 is excruciatingly horrid but probably the best options going round atm. The bowlers will have to fire this summer and I am confident they will and I am still tipping the Aussies to win the Test series.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Two guys should be there who aren't and would make it look instantly stronger in the batting - Wade and Burns.

State of Origin Rep
I watched Harris warm up yesterday and have a quick net before play. I have watched him before but took an extra interest yesterday. His set up and action are easily repeatable and he has organised footwork. Then he came unstuck chasing Feldman so that was the end of that. There is a little bit of Warner in his aggression.

He’s averaged over 40 the two years since his move and is massive so far this year.

I always take the Final as bit of an unofficial Test and his Shield Final form is impeccable- 2014/2015- 81 and 158* MOTM in a losing side for WA then backs it up 2016/2017 120 against Sayers, Mennie, Worrell and Zampa. (21 second dig) that’s 380 runs in two finals.

It’s a wrap for Victoria and McDonald that he produced such consistent summers since moving. I hope he plays next week.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Handscomb will be missing out on the first test team according to 7 news.

1. Harris
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. S.Marsh
5. Head
6. M.Marsh
7. Paine (c)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Expected team.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
This would be better:

1. Burns
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. S.Marsh
5. Head/Maxwell
6. Wade
7. Cummins
8. Starc
9. J.Richardson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

The True King

NYC Player
Finch should be batting at 5. His entire selection was based on runs he was scoring in the middle order (both in shield and county) so while I respect that he played well opening in the UAE, he should be pushed back down the order.

First test team should be:
Harris
SMarsh
Khawaja
Handscomb
Finch
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon.

My ideal XI for this series would have been:
Burns
Renshaw
Khawaja
Handscomb
S Marsh
Patterson/Head/Finch
Paine (not a big fan but whatever)
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Wow MMarsh dropped? He has been poor but so has pretty much every other batsman and he is the VC. Interesting indeed.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I personally reckon we should sack every member of the Australian board and fill their spots with people who have the balls to stand up to India ...

why the **** are they allowing India to dictate the scheduling of our home series ... they would never allow us to dictate to them during their home series...

FFS, Adelaide has hosted the day/night test for several years now, but won't this year because India are refusing to play with the pink ball ... we should be scheduling the test as a day/night as per usual and tell them they have 2 choices play or forfeit.

CA is run by a bunch of pussies that are scared if India, they always let them get away with everything ... well it is time to stand up to them

/rant

State of Origin Rep
I personally reckon we should sack every member of the Australian board and fill their spots with people who have the balls to stand up to India ...

why the **** are they allowing India to dictate the scheduling of our home series ... they would never allow us to dictate to them during their home series...

FFS, Adelaide has hosted the day/night test for several years now, but won't this year because India are refusing to play with the pink ball ... we should be scheduling the test as a day/night as per usual and tell them they have 2 choices play or forfeit.

CA is run by a bunch of pussies that are scared if India, they always let them get away with everything ... well it is time to stand up to them

/rant
ICC playing conditions say both countries need to agree to play a D/N Test. Any of the other three countries that have done it here could have said no too.

Or maybe we should get the pink ball right and give international cricket international standard equipment?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter