Australia vs India - Test Series

He has been on ice since 2016/2017 if he doesn’t play again this summer that’s five seasons with little cricket and hasn’t seen out a full season.

I completely understand duty of care but at what point is he just not going to be able to play Test cricket?

18 Shield games since 2016/2017.
I dont know the answer to that one. Would you be picking him against this attack with the Ashes on the horizon?

He has been on ice since 2016/2017 if he doesn’t play again this summer that’s five seasons with little cricket and hasn’t seen out a full season.

I completely understand duty of care but at what point is he just not going to be able to play Test cricket?

18 Shield games since 2016/2017.
I guess if I’m the Australian selectors and Justin Langer, the answer to that question is - when he can sustain a blow to the helmet and not have to be immediately ruled out of a test match..

Until then, how can you possibly risk it ?

Last edited:
I dont know the answer to that one. Would you be picking him against this attack with the Ashes on the horizon?

I guess if I’m the Australian selectors and Justin Langer, the answer to that question is - when he can sustain a blow to the helmet and not have to be immediately ruled out of a test match..

Until then, how can you possibly risk it ?

My stance has been for a while now I wouldn’t consider him for a Test until he has got through a Shield season. So 11 games, runs and ridden the whole season through.

My stance has been for a while now I wouldn’t consider him for a Test until he has got through a Shield season. So 11 games, runs and ridden the whole season through.
Yep.
Surely Australia would look to usher him in at number 5 or 6 if and when he does get a shot.. ? Having said that, I reckon he should continue to open the batting for Victoria

Well, Burns dropped & Warner / Pucovski added to the squad.

You'd think the team is relatively set, with the only question mark being Head vs Wade at 5.

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head / Wade
6. Green
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Well, Burns dropped & Warner / Pucovski added to the squad.

You'd think the team is relatively set, with the only question mark being Head vs Wade at 5.

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head / Wade
6. Green
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

With that being said - I wouldn't be shocked if they just stuck with Wade and Head and gave Pucovski another game off.

It would make sense, giving both of them another chance to prove themselves. If Head fails miserably, you move Wade in to the middle order and bring in Pucovski for the last test. If Wade fails, you bring in Pucovski. Simples.

There would be a line of thinking that says throwing Pucovski into this series would be a bad idea right now. Kid is coming off concussion issues and probably has a fair bit of self-doubt, so throwing him into a side that's just been crushed and lacking confidence may not be wise. India will 100% be bowling him non-stop bouncers if he plays.

I'd be going Warner and Harris personally. Wade to 5. Depending on where the test is, maybe rest one of the quicks for either Patto or a spinner.

Kid is gonna struggle at test level I think .
Has been hit in the head by bouncers over and again . Looks a real good player until he misjudges a bouncer and gets sconed .

With that being said - I wouldn't be shocked if they just stuck with Wade and Head and gave Pucovski another game off.

It would make sense, giving both of them another chance to prove themselves. If Head fails miserably, you move Wade in to the middle order and bring in Pucovski for the last test. If Wade fails, you bring in Pucovski. Simples.
I think if Puco isn't picked it's more likely Harris opens and Wade goes to 5.

Last edited:
Kid is gonna struggle at test level I think .
Has been hit in the head by bouncers over and again . Looks a real good player until he misjudges a bouncer and gets sconed .

They haven't all been bounces, one was a door, one was running between the wickets, one was AFL related.

But I have noted in the past a problem, he seems to not be able to play the shot or get out of the way

Pucovski I thought looked in control except against the short ball. That's how he got out too hooking and they had the man back. He looked uncomfortable.

The over before they pushed him back and then he took the bait, good bowling.

Pucovski worked over by Khan, can’t leave, can’t play it and out.

He has a definite problem now.

He's been terrible, his last three dismissals have all been really soft and just mentally not applying himself at all.

First innings v Tas- short ball from Meredith and he backs away and just pads it to short leg.
First innings v WA- Richardson around the wicket and he edges down the leg side just before stumps.
Second Innings v WA- edging outside off- short bowling again.

He's been terrible at leaving and playing short ball.

According to the Fox T20 broadcast, five Indian players under investigation for a bubble breach, they were filmed eating indoors in a restaurant.

Not this test series but man Jamieson looks an absolute gun for NZ. Hopefully he is showing what Cameron Green should become.

Sick of the BCCI coming up with bs excuses to try and get out of a Gabba test
Looking like they could get the series played out without having to visit Brisbane or Perth... well done CA 🙄🙄🙄

Is Paul White fixing to take the CEO post for them next 🤔🤔

Would anyone really care if they just waved the quarantine for a one off? For the sake of our chances of winning the series and raising the moral of the masses, it sure doesn’t bother me. I’d be very interested in hearing their next excuse to try and get out of going to Brisbane if they did!

Sick of the BCCI coming up with bs excuses to try and get out of a Gabba test
NRL players basically quarantined for 6 months and these clowns don’t want to do it for another 5 days on top for the 4 weeks they have already done? BS is exactly what it is, CA needs to grow some balls and tell India if they don’t want to travel to brissy then they can forfeit the match and refund the tickets that have already been purchased.

I for one hope the QLD government tell them to abide by the rules of **** off.

Sounds like Warner & Pucovski will open.

Only spot that's undecided is Wade vs Head at 5.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.