Australia vs India - Test Series

Well, India certainly deserve this win. They've played far better than us across the board in this game.

It's hard to even come up with an XI for the 3rd game, given pretty much all of our batsmen are horribly out of form.

If we're assuming that Pucovski is unavailable..

1) Warner
2) Harris
3) Labuschagne
4) Smith
5) Henriques
6) Neser
7) Paine (c)
8) Cummins
9) Starc
10) Lyon
11) Hazlewood

Bring Maxwell in, maybe Neser if Green fails here.
Agreed on Maxxie. He’s in great form (albeit in t20) and was dropped pretty much instantly after scoring a great hundred in India, he deserves a shot in Australia and would at least provide in the field unlike Head.

If Mitch Marsh got 30+ tests then Green deserves more time.

Last edited:
The officials have managed to turn
DRS into a mess. How do you give a bloke out on snicko without a supporting hotspot . That noise could be anything and I thought the rule was no doubt.
They may as well get rid of the hotspot altogether. If there's a hotspot, they confirm it with snicko. If there's no hotspot, they go with what snicko says anyway.

They may as well get rid of the hotspot altogether. If there's a hotspot, they confirm it with snicko. If there's no hotspot, they go with what snicko says anyway.
I can accept snicko without hotspot only if they are supporting a decision of out but not to overturn a decision.

Last edited:
I’d go this for the third test if Pucovski is unavailable:

1. Warner
2. Maxwell
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Wade
7. Inglis
8. Cummins (c)
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

The dunno, the batting is rubbish, Pucovski was needed. But these guys can do far better if they actually look to score!

Both Cummins and Green smashed Jadeja a couple of overs ago. Since then, back to being sitting ducks and what you a know, even though it went down, a chance. For goodness sake, try and score!

Last edited:
I’d go this for the third test if Pucovski is unavailable:

1. Warner
2. Maxwell
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Wade
7. Inglis
8. Cummins (c)
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

The dunno, the batting is rubbish, Pucovski was needed. But these guys can do far better if they actually look to score!

Both Cummins and Green smashed Jadeja a couple of overs ago. Since then, back to being sitting ducks and what you a know, even though it went down, a chance. For goodness sake, try and score!
Can Maxwell come into the bubble. Even if he can opener is not his go.
Marcus Harris will be next cab if the rank if Burns and Head get punted.
Prob Warner Harris to open and wade into Heads spot.

Can Maxwell come into the bubble. Even if he can opener is not his go.
Marcus Harris will be next cab if the rank if Burns and Head get punted.
Prob Warner Harris to open and wade into Heads spot.

I would imagine the BBL would be under similar rules with the bubble.

Different rules?
I think it was confirmed that big bash players can come straight into the test squad because of the bubble.

I remember it being raised when Smarsh and Uzzie started getting in the conversation for the opener spot due to Burns constant failures

Wonder if India is nervous chasing over 36

Anyone see the graphic they put up of the 15-20 top scores in the last two series between Australia and India in Australia? India have every spot except the last - Marcus Harris’s 79.

So Australia has not even got close to a century in the last two series, absolutely pathetic.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.