Australia vs New Zealand - Kick-Off is 6:30PM QUEENSLAND TIME!

I read an article this morning saying that the boys sang the QLD victory song during the presentation. Call me a one-eyed NSW person but when it comes to Australian representation both NSW and QLD should cast state loyalties aside and focus on winning for our country.

It's the only song they all know off by heart.

The NSW players have heard it enough times to sing along.

most of the blues. or all of them only know 1 song lol the qld victory song

Between Luke, Shaun Johnson, Foran and Benji the kiwis have a really good spine, though are let down by Hoffman. They really need some strike weapons in the back as outside of SKD I think they are all quite ordinary as far as rep standard goes. They will be much more threatening next year with SBW in their team.

As for the game I thought it was a decent finish. Not great but better than I ever expect out of such a pointless international.

I reckon if Locke & Duffie can find top form and if Tuivasa-Sheck & Hurrell make something of themselves they can turn it around.

At full strength I reckon their backline would look like...

1. Kevin Locke
2. Matt Duffie
3. Steve Matai
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Jason Nightingale

With Inu, Vatuvei, Hurrell, Beale, Hoffman, Tuivasa-Sheck, Whare etc. waiting in the wings.

Pretty solid, especially if the Aussies find themselves without GI or Slater.

Whats bigger? Four Nations or Tri Nations?

Both about the same really.

Preferred Tri Nations for quality though. More games between the best teams in the world made for better football as opposed to watching a team smash a developing side with their B-squad.

Both about the same really.

Preferred Tri Nations for quality though. More games between the best teams in the world made for better football as opposed to watching a team smash a developing side with their B-squad.

Well, in reality there was the same number of games between the big 3. Just a game against a nuffy in between to keep the odd-team-out busy.

Nah, they used to play each other twice. Now they just play each other once and then it's the final.

I prefer the 4 nations than the tri series. It gives the lower teams exposure at the top level gaining intrest in their respective country and makes that respective team better.

Lol at people saying the Tri-Nations has 3 good teams. I can't remember the last time Chris Heighington and his fellow Englishmen even got close to beating us.

Lol at people saying the Tri-Nations has 3 good teams. I can't remember the last time Chris Heighington and his fellow Englishmen even got close to beating us.

i can remember . i think it 1994 . the poms were about 30 secs away from winning the ashes in the 2nd test 2-nil. poms played in a tri-nations final aswell. the poms beat us in melbourne aswell

Between Luke, Shaun Johnson, Foran and Benji the kiwis have a really good spine, though are let down by Hoffman. They really need some strike weapons in the back as outside of SKD I think they are all quite ordinary as far as rep standard goes. They will be much more threatening next year with SBW in their team.

As for the game I thought it was a decent finish. Not great but better than I ever expect out of such a pointless international.

Are Johnson and foran sharing the halfback role??? Are they playing forty minutes each???

Did you watch foran play? Even tho I'm still pissed about hoffmans little whine the other day, even I can say he is far from their weak link

Foran is a lot better than Hoffman. He's probably the smartest spine player the Kiwis have, but smart play doesn't suit their style.

Are Johnson and foran sharing the halfback role??? Are they playing forty minutes each???

Did you watch foran play? Even tho I'm still pissed about hoffmans little whine the other day, even I can say he is far from their weak link

It's one game. Are you seriously telling me you think Hoffman is a better player than Foran?

Semantics.

Poms aren't as far behind the Aussies and Kiwis as the '4th nation' usually is.

Heighington was just a poor selection overall. They have better but got caught in the 'he plays NRL so he must be good' hype.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.