Australia vs New Zealand

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
New Zealand

Gerard Beale, (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Adam Blair (Wests Tigers), Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Kenneath Bronwich (Melbourne Storm), Greg Eastwood (Canterbury Bulldogs), Tohu Harris (Melbourne Storm), Siliva Havili (NZ Warriors), Ben Henry (NZ Warriors), Peta Hiku (Manly Sea Eagles), Isaac John (Penrith Panthers), Shaun Johnson (NZ Warriors), Simon Mannering (NZ Warriors), Sam Moa (Sydney Roosters), Jason Nightingale (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Kevin Proctor (Melbourne Storm), Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney Roosters), Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers)

Australia

The world champion Australian Kangaroos have revealed their team to face New Zealand in the Trans-Tasman Test on Friday at Sydney's Allianz Stadium.

KANGAROOS

Fullback: Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)Wing: Darius Boyd (Newcastle Knights)
Centre: Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)Centre: Josh Morris (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Wing: Brett Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons)Five-Eighth: Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)Halfback: Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
Prop: Matt Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)Hooker: Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)Prop: James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
Second Row: Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)Second Row: Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)Lock: Paul Gallen (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters), Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans), Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos).
18th man:Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)

How did Cordner get picked ahead of Gillett?

Cordner can play in the middle as well as on the edges, and he can defend.

I don't have a problem with Gillett playing in this stupid match, but I'd replace Tamou or Thaiday instead of Cordner.

Primarily Thaiday for sure. Unfortunately Tamou played well this weekend right when it counts.

Primarily Thaiday for sure. Unfortunately Tamou played well this weekend right when it counts.

One good game this year and some good form back in 2012 means he gets to keep his spot. I don't get it. Basically if someone has been there before no new player can actually earn their spot until they retire? This team, based on how most of the players have played this year is horrible. I blame Sheens. How does one get sacked from their club but stay the coach of Australia?

One good game this year and some good form back in 2012 means he gets to keep his spot. I don't get it. Basically if someone has been there before no new player can actually earn their spot until they retire? This team, based on how most of the players have played this year is horrible. I blame Sheens. How does one get sacked from their club but stay the coach of Australia?

Coaching Australia is easy, especially when Cam Smith is probably pretty much the real coach.

Coaching Australia is easy, especially when Cam Smith is probably pretty much the real coach.

His only job is naming the team and he still ***** that up. McCullough should just say he's Irish so he can play in a World Cup because it does not matter how good or bad someone plays they will just pick the same players.

- Parker over gallen for sure
- Gillett over Bird
- why not hodges?

His only job is naming the team and he still ***** that up. McCullough should just say he's Irish so he can play in a World Cup because it does not matter how good or bad someone plays they will just pick the same players.

Unfortunately there are only 17 spots and no way in hell does he displace the current Australian captain. So who would you drop to get him in the squad?

Regarding Gillett, his time will come. He'll be in the 4 nations squad, mark my words. I also wouldn't be surprised if Thaiday doesn't drop out and Gill gets his spot. Josh Morris is the more baffling selection IMO. He and Tamou should both count themselves very lucky to gain a spot. On the whole the team looks fairly solid. Cordner played in the winning team for the World Cup right?

Unfortunately there are only 17 spots and no way in hell does he displace the current Australian captain. So who would you drop to get him in the squad?

Regarding Gillett, his time will come. He'll be in the 4 nations squad, mark my words. I also wouldn't be surprised if Thaiday doesn't drop out and Gill gets his spot. Josh Morris is the more baffling selection IMO. He and Tamou should both count themselves very lucky to gain a spot. On the whole the team looks fairly solid. Cordner played in the winning team for the World Cup right?

I was using McCullough as an example. I didn't expect him to but the naming teams based on names thing is just shit and I can imagine Gillett would be wondering what else he could do to get into that team. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Breaking into a WC winning side having never played for Aus before was always going to be a big ask. Like I said, he'll be there at the end of the year.

I love Gillett, but I have no issues with Cordner. Dude has been consistently excellent for about 18 months and is fully deserving of his selection. On form Bird, Thaiday and Gallen would all go before Cordner.

Totally agree on the WTF factor of Josh Morris. I guess it's because Jennings is out, but still, wow.

Also, on the Kiwi team, what's the go with no Taumalolo?

What I don't get is, where the **** is Hayne?

He has been one of the form players this year, far better than Slater and a far better centre option then Josh Morris..

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Bronx48
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.