Australia vs New Zealand

Am I the only one who thinks the Fiji Samoa game might be a better watch ?
Of course it's always great watching us play the kiwis but with the NZ squad I can't see them putting up too much of a fight.

Also should be awesome seeing Milford at 5/8 for maroons, give abit of insight into next year !

I feel the same way.

I do enjoy seeing the Aussies smash the Kiwis, but it's such a non-contest this year.

Samoa vs Fiji have more to play for and they always with the plenty of heart. It's going to be a cracker. I thought they weren't televising it, but I had another look at the Foxtel Guide and I see it's on Saturday.

I could barely bring myself to care about the World Cup, and that was when NZ actually picked a very competitive side.

This is a nothing game against a NZ team that probably wouldn't make the top 8 in the NRL. The only way it could end up meaningful is if we break some kind of record in scoring points.

It annoys me whenever there is an international league test someone in the media bags the game and calls it a farce because of how dominant the Kangaroos are.

That argument is weak if you ask me. I can't recall anyone calling for test cricket to be canned when Australia were invincible and destroying every other test team.

I agree. I'm looking forward to it but I think they should play the City Country game on the Friday night and the Test on a Sunday afternoon. That would attract more interest in it.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where I could watch the 2000 aus v nz match where Wendals fat head imploded that poor guys face?

Boyd Cordner - 1 knock on, 4 missed tackle leading to a try. 5 minutes gone, well done!!

Biggest disappointment from last nights match was the referee. It's a disgrace that Australia should also supply the ref when the best English ref should have been appointed. It is important the justice is done but more importantly it is seen to be done. A neutral ref should have been appointed.

I enjoyed last nights match and it is important to keep these matches happening. Without them the international game suffers and an introspective attitude will ultimately be detrimental. The Kiwis did a great job considering for large portions of the match only one team was being penalised. Well done Steve Kearney and the team at large.

Last edited:
While the refereeing had it's moments, I don't think they particularly favoured one nation and usually all an English referee does is distract everyone. It's been that way since at least 1980 during the first ever Origin where the talking point was the referee, his theatrical way of blowing penalties (would have been sweet at charades) and how poor he was.

Biggest disappointment from last nights match was the referee. It's a disgrace that Australia should also supply the ref when the best English ref should have been appointed. It is important the justice is done but more importantly it is seen to be done. A neutral ref should have been appointed.

I enjoyed last nights match and it is important to keep these matches happening. Without them the international game suffers and an introspective attitude will ultimately be detrimental. The Kiwis did a great job considering for large portions of the match only one team was being penalised. Well done Steve Kearney and the team at large.

we saw plenty of English refs during the World Cup and over the years and they aren't any better than anything the NRL can throw up. Games with neutral referees have just as many problems

the problem with the refereeing is the same as it has always been: 1. they are human and they make mistakes, 2. even when they don't make mistakes they get criticised because fans are biased/don't fully understand the rules, 3. a lot of rules aren't black and white.

I think those three things were the problems on Friday just like they are in pretty much every rugby league game. I don't think national bias even comes into it.

My point was not about the standard of refereeing rather about the appearance of fairness. This is best achieved by having a disinterested referee. From an outsiders perspective a neutral umpire is the norm.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lostboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • teampjta
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Brotherdu
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • Bongo
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.