Australia VS South Africa T20 & ODI Series

And Amla goes.. Time to climb all over them now

Very unlucky Miller. AB wasting the review really cost them there.

So...Hazlewood has got to be in the first test side. On that topic, does Hazlewood remind anyone else of Harmison?

This full, swinging 'wasi akrim' stuff that starc bowls in ODIs is exactly what he should be throwing in at test level..

So...Hazlewood has got to be in the first test side. On that topic, does Hazlewood remind anyone else of Harmison?

Replacing who though? I wouldn't drop Rhino or Johnson.
Maybe Siddle.

How does Hazlewood go in SS matches?

We've gotta move on from siddle IMO.. I've loved his heart but he's lost some zip and been a passenger in too many tests lately

that back of a length fifth stump line he bowls can take a long time between drinks

Last edited:
Come on hazelnut, don't cop that crap from steyn

I agree Siddle's time has come and gone. He's still handy to have as a back up but that's about it. Not sure I agree on Hazlewood to replace him though.

So Kane Richardson got the big wicket of AB but otherwise bowled trash. I really don't rate him. I am so mad that CA have decided Cummins won't be playing any First Class cricket until next year. It is madness. Starc is a fine ODI bowler but pretty much trash in the longer form. Hazlewood looks like he could be very good. Nice and tall with some nice seam movement. I agree on the calls to move on from Siddle but I think he will be in the 12 at the very least.

Why? Harmison was good for a few years before THAT wide.

Harmison most notable exploits were,
1 How to lose a test series with the first ball of the opening test.
2 how to completely lose your run up at test level .

Seriously though, When Harmison was good he was a handful, but Hazelwood has always been about accuracy, so that's where the theory falls down.
he has worked on his game and added a yard of pace which paired with his accuracy will serve Australia well for years to come.
He has been averaging around 138kph, There was another guy who was accurate and bowled in the low 130's, What was his name Ummm.....:adore:

Last edited:
Hazelwood reminds me a little of big Jo Angel (or 'Ung-hell' to his legion of fans in Puerto Rico) ... similar action, similar type of bowler

Last edited:
That's why there's room for all 3 cricket formats. What a cracking game that was.

Great innings from smith and wade, and Faulkner there to finish it off.
South Africa wilted under pressure in both innings, but more excellence from AB again.

Interestingly, the smith and wade partnership was almost identical to miller and AB for SA. 121 off 20.1 (Aus) vs 122 off 20.1 (SA).

Steve Smith and ABDV have both been amazing. I was definitely wrong to say Smith should have been left out of game 1.

Was looking at some stats earlier too. Warner has only two centuries in just under 50 games. When you consider Amla has 17 from 102 and Finch has twice as many in about 35 games, it's a surprising and disappointing stat.

Big Show failed yet again.

Been reading too much press has he ??

I thought Smith really showed a lot of maturity last night ... the guy knows how to build an innings.

Apart from the shot that lead to his downfall, he played a near perfect one-day knock.

Future Australian captain perhaps ?

For mine Steve Smith should be first batsmen picked in all formats for Australia at the moment. He is the future.

Yeah I remember him debuting around the same time as Michael Beer, and just assumed he was at about the same level of competence. But he's really come along in the last couple of years and completely deserves the accolades he's getting at the moment.

Will probably be player of the series, only AB is around the same level, and Smith's on the winning side, so it probably goes to him for that.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Bongo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.