Australian Cricket Team admit to ball tampering

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Unbreakable, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

He kept saying the same line over and over again "I take full responsibility..." and a reporter yelled out "you're not answering the question" in a rather aggressive tone when there was no other noise he had to talk over. It was like a child, and he did it twice this reporter. Even the presenters on fox sports were poor. One of them was reading out what the fans commented online (must have been impromptu as it was all live) and one of the emails said "stop trying to make us feel sorry for him.." (they were actually doing the opposite ref) and he literally said "we're not making you do anything sweetheart!". Summed up the media for me. They don't get what they want and they have a little hissy fit. How they treated David smith was a great example. I remember reading articles that brought up his family after the channel 9 contract was signed behind fox's back. They had a hissy fit and hammered the bloke

2. Sproj

Sproj

Yeah just saw it. Look, I think he looked more genuinely sorry than any of the others but it was pretty poor form not to answer the questions. That said, I can completely understand him not doing so, his whole life has just been turned upside down and by all reports, it is very much his own fault for that happening. I guess he doesn't want to be responsible for anyone else going down. He genuinely looked like he wanted to say some other names though when asked.

Anywho, what is done is done, now hopefully the media moves on...after Pat Howard is sacked.

3. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Then I'd suggest don't hold a press conference. The whole point of it is to get answers and if you don't want to talk then email out a press release.

It was poorly handled. His advice should have been right they're going to ask you this and this. Let's get ready. Not give him a prepared statement he didn't even write and keep saying the same thing.

If you hold a press conference the media assume they're going to be allowed to ask questions and you're going to give answers. So now instead of things being cleared up they just have more unanswered questions and the issues drags on.

It's like going on Parkinson or Enough Rope and then saying I don't like questions.

broncos4life and Aldo like this.
  4. Sproj

Sproj

Yeah not really sure why you are disagreeing to be honest. I said not answering was poor form but he looked more genuinely apologetic than the others (except Lehmann resigning) and if he wasn’t going to answer today, he won’t be answering. So what’s done is done, no one else will be implicated until biographies are released.

5. PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987 NRL Player

Has anyone heard the rumour of Jarryd Hayne being offered the Australian Captaincy if he jumps codes right away ?

6. ell.d33

ell.d33 U18 Player

Seems to have just given the media more of a platform to compare the two incidents and question our morals even more so.

Screenshot_20180401-101822_Facebook.jpg

morethenjack likes this.
  7. Dexter

Dexter

Yeah saw this yesterday.
    At first I got pissed then I just thought, you poor dumb bitch, you're supposed to be a professional journalist and that is the best you can do to get a published.
    It is pathetic to the point I highly doubt it is an original thought.

8. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Seriously, what a fuckwit.

9. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

Well I know where she keeps her sandpaper.

roo-ted and LockyersLeftBoot like this.
  10. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

The ban from Cricket Australia extends to international and domestic cricket, although the trio were still permitted to still play grade cricket at home. It is believed that Cricket Australia would not stand in Smith’s way if he turned out for a county team, with the competition to start on April 13.

It really is the only thing that makes sense.

11. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Bancroft has been let go by his County and can't play club cricket either at this stage. I have softened my stance a bit and think maybe let them play SS so it's even.

Sproj likes this.
  12. Sproj

Sproj

Yeah I actually completely agree. Keep them out of the national side for a year by all means but let them play Shield and ODD, not BBL though.

Number6 and roo-ted like this.
  13. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

I'd rather him plunder runs in England on their pitches for a season than do so against state teams on roads.

14. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Their highest run scorer last season 1491 runs. 600 runs more than our ‘roads.’

Have to go all the way down to their 9th best to get to the total of Renshaw.

Root was their only batsmen to average above 40 over the Tests in Australia and New Zealand. So didn’t prepare them too well.

15. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

Smith averages 33 runs higher in Australia than he does in England in test matches.

Not sure what's so hard to agree with a season being spent over there would have a positive effect on his form in the next Ashes.

He averaged 55 last series thanks largely to one massive innings. He is far from dominant in England and spending time at the crease over there would help.

roo-ted likes this.
  16. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

The point you made that it's so much harder on England pitches is wrong. Otherwise guys wouldn't be scoring twice as many runs. He's also played 31 Tests at home compared to 11 in England. He also batted at eight in two of those Tests.

He has a 200, two 100's and three 50's in those 11 Tests. He's not struggling.

17. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

So you deny that batting in English conditions this year would be helpful next year.

The same blokes he just averaged 150 against in a series at home contained him to 55 two years ago over there.

18. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

You keep changing your argument. But no I don't think a few games of County would help too much. I think he needs a break.

It won't matter anyway. ECB gets to make the call and their rules clearly say.

There will be an override discretion to refuse to grant a registration where the cricketer is subject to any suspension or period of ineligibility under the regulations of another ICC member.

None of them have applied to play County and it starts next week. County teams are only allowed two imports too. I am betting they have all filled their roster by now.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  19. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

I haven't changed my argument, or position once; and I maintain it now.

Whether they end up doing it or not, playing a season over there would be beneficial to their form in the Ashes next year.

It's why teams arrive early to countries before a series, and play warm up matches.. To acclimatise to the conditions. I dare say a season would get them fairly acclimatised.

If you can't see that, you cant be helped.

20. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

You have changed your argument- you said their pitches will help him because SS pitches are roads- yet they score double our runs.

You've sited his poor English form and how it will help him but he played there with Kent before Ashes. Why did your theory not work then?

The County runs from April to September. The Ashes is after the WC next year in July. You don't play warm up games; then go home for 12 months.

Few holes in your argument. You can't explain.

When Warne did his 12 months he had a complete break and he came back ready to go. Smith needs a break.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018