NEWS Badel: Isaako "locked in" as 2020 fullback

Sooo how bout isaako to fullback hey,think with the way our forwards went this year and if turpin is at the 9 we might see more play up the middle and less sweep block plays.
Forwards are only going to get better this year as well.

You would think so. Isaako’s strength is not his passing but neither is Tedesco’s. If he plays with a high work rate and is constantly providing support / strong kick returns, the team should be taking advantage of that.

And let us not forget that brilliant step he put on in the famous Rooster game in 2018, it was bloody magic. So he obviously has the potential, if he can just harness it and be more consistent, we might have ourselves a topline fullback.

It really is RTS-like.

Last edited:
And let us not forget that brilliant step he put on in the famous Rooster game in 2018, it was bloody magic. So he obviously has the potential, if he can just harness it and be more consistent, we might have ourselves a topline fullback.

how Cronk managed to go on and win two premierships after Isaako destroyed his ankles with that step is ridiculous

It may just be Isaako's time to shine in 2020 also. Look at how the fullback for Canberra went to another level, same as Papenhauzen did for Melbourne this year. Hopefully he gets a good half season to really own the fullback position and show us what he's made of.

how Cronk managed to go on and win two premierships after Isaako destroyed his ankles with that step is ridiculous
What's ridiculous is Cooper Cronk taking the knee. Worst effort, you'd think he would've made an attempt to tackle Isaako but no, instead he takes the knee. Won't put his body on the line, too worried about self preservation, past it but keeps playing sucking money out that could be used to keep juniors, should have retired and done the right thing, coward pea heart.

It may just be Isaako's time to shine in 2020 also. Look at how the fullback for Canberra went to another level, same as Papenhauzen did for Melbourne this year. Hopefully he gets a good half season to really own the fullback position and show us what he's made of.
Not to mention for both of those fullbacks ball playing wasn't a huge component of their game.

A fullback nowadays doesn't need to be someone who can fire a 30m cutout ball like Lockyer anymore. The game went that way when WB had Lockyer straight into Hunt, then into Boyd at dragons. It seems like the game is needing a fullback that has enough to be able to finish a sweep play, but truly it is up to the inside guys to spot when and where the sweep play is on and the fullback being in position to finish it off.

Having a fullback that can utilise other positions of the field opens up a new aspect to your offence and I think coaches are starting to move in that direction. I didn't think much of Flannigan as a coach, but he sure as shit figured out a way to utilise Val's running game in 2018 to propel him to the top of the fullback tree.

We just need a fullback that can support through the middle and finish off an easy 3 on 2 and knows when it's not on so he doesnt throw an intercept.

I think Isaako ticks the ability to support through the middle and he has enough work ethic to be coached how to finish a sweep play.... will he turn into a ball playing 1 that will overcall the halves and set up a short side play?? Probably not, but we have Milf and Croft that can hopefully do that... not to mention Fifi and TPJ that can create something from nothing

You would think so. Isaako’s strength is not his passing but neither is Tedesco’s. If he plays with a high work rate and is constantly providing support / strong kick returns, the team should be taking advantage of that.
The flow-on from that should be more time for milford and croft with the ball when you have a genuine threat up the middle of the ruck ,exciting times!

In regards to Isaako at fullback, I'm cautiously optimistic....Barely. I am just banking on the whole 2nd year syndrome thing and when he gets a chance to start his 3rd in a prime position with plenty of space to move, I dearly hope he takes it with both hands (literally). I would be telling him to not even bother trying to pass it. His job is to take the ball on the full, run it up to the line hard and fast and then hang on to it until the PTB. That's it.

If he can get that down to a fine art, then perhaps we can think about coaching him in the art of fullback offensive plays. Maybe Boyd can be useful for something yet and teach him that sweep play, because it's not like he's a one trick pony or anything.

What's ridiculous is Cooper Cronk taking the knee. Worst effort, you'd think he would've made an attempt to tackle Isaako but no, instead he takes the knee. Won't put his body on the line, too worried about self preservation, past it but keeps playing sucking money out that could be used to keep juniors, should have retired and done the right thing, coward pea heart.
lol. Icwudt

Are you blokes serious? Never managed anyone or had to lead by example I guess. Fmd, he should put the pies down and go for a run, wouldn’t be so hypocritical him talking about people having to be fitter lol.

He’s the man with the whistle and he picks the playlists. I’d actually be happy if he could just conjure some attacking structure, defensive steel and some winning culture. If he did this he could be the fattest **** for all I care.

You should start writing for woman's day. You'd be perfect there.
Do you disagree?
Do you like being told what to do by people who obviously don’t adhere to the same standards?

Do you disagree?
Do you like being told what to do by people who obviously don’t adhere to the same standards?
Ever had a boss? Ever earned a mil a year? Seriously dude drop it nobody cares.

lol. Icwudt
Yup, you weren't silly enough to think I was serious! Thing is, I don't see it as being much different than some of Boyds 'crimes'. Naturally no one suggested the same shit they hung on Boyd. Yes, I still think he had an ordinary season, I'm just not that harsh a critic all the same.

Do you disagree?
If you can't see why your argument is flawed I can't help you. You reach every position as though you have absolute, accurate and detailed insider knowledge.

Last edited:
Yup, you weren't silly enough to think I was serious! Thing is, I don't see it as being much different than some of Boyds 'crimes'. Naturally no one suggested the same shit they hung on Boyd. Yes, I still think he had an ordinary season, I'm just not that harsh a critic all the same.
Well to be fair the roosters forum could've been blowing up and calling for his head.... if they have a "fan" forum that is

If you can't see why your argument is floored I can't help you. You reach every position as though you have absolute, accurate and detailed insider knowledge.
What are you talking about? My only argument has been that if he wasn’t a fat **** himself, pies would send a much better message to the team... do you dispute this?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.