NEWS Badel: Isaako "locked in" as 2020 fullback

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel reporting in the CM that Isaako is off the wing and into fullback, as Broncos plan for life after Darius.

Seibold confirmed Boyd has been kicked out of the spine, with Isaako - who was originally signed as a fullback - to oppose Valentine Holmes in game one. He faces longer term competiton from development player, Tongan international, Tesi Nui, who becomes eligible end of June. Milford, Croft and Dearden have been training in the halves, with Boyd at left centre. As mentioned elsewhere, Boyd is likely to get shifted to the wing to make room for Bird.

Seibold reckons Jaymayne has the potential to be "elite fit," a requirement to be a top tier fullback.

McHunt

Last edited:
Even if he’s not a disaster he’s still not going to perform at the level that our other options would.

That’s probably the thing that annoys me the most is that he’ll hold back genuine wingers like Coates and farnworth. There is no way Boyd could out jump or out run those 2 which is a big part of being on the wing these days.

I don't think Seibold can afford to keep Darius on the wing, or anywhere else in the team for that matter, if he is not contributing at such a level that he is helping us win games and not shitting the bed and making us lose games (if that makes sense).

Seibs big belly is getting spoken about an awful lot lately on here, but I should think the part of his anatomy he would be most concerned with would be his head. Why? Cause it's on the fucking chopping block if we have another disaster of a season such as this year. He won't give Darius the same latitude he was given in 2019. Self preservation will kick in soon enough.

Last edited:
Seibold reckons Jaymayne has the potential to be "elite fit," a requirement to be a top tier fullback.
I find that quote in particular very interesting. Kind of confirms what a few of us here were saying in that Milford is just not capable of getting his fitness up to a level where he would be a good fullback.

Honestly Milford at fullback was just fucking bad, his attack output was worse than Boyd's really and his defence wasn't much better. He dropped from a 500-600k value player to someone who's barely worth minimum wage as a fullback.

If we do nothing else but get Milford back at 6, Croft in at 7 and Isaako at fullback, who I'm not convinced by but still easily think he's the best of a bad bunch, we should see significant improvements this year if the attitude is right.

Jamayne always had a pretty impressive rig, but whether that translates into elite level fitness is still a bit iffy.

but he’s much more likely to do it than Milf was

Last edited:
I’m all for new opportunities...give the guy a go and assure him he’s got trials and atleast 10 games in the spot..bed shits or not.
Could be like watching Tedesco after the shit us hearty bastards had to put up with in that position last year...never know unless given a proper go.

I’m all for new opportunities...give the guy a go and assure him he’s got trials and atleast 10 games in the spot..bed shits or not.
Could be like watching Tedesco after the shit us hearty bastards had to put up with in that position last year...never know unless given a proper go.

This is the problem though. Every year guys who don’t perform get first shot again to prove themselves

I find that quote in particular very interesting. Kind of confirms what a few of us here were saying in that Milford is just not capable of getting his fitness up to a level where he would be a good fullback.

Honestly Milford at fullback was just fucking bad, his attack output was worse than Boyd's really and his defence wasn't much better. He dropped from a 500-600k value player to someone who's barely worth minimum wage as a fullback.

If we do nothing else but get Milford back at 6, Croft in at 7 and Isaako at fullback, who I'm not convinced by but still easily think he's the best of a bad bunch, we should see significant improvements this year if the attitude is right.
Here are Seibold's direct quotes: ""He (Isaako) has the potential to be elite fit. The best fullbacks in the competition are elite fit and he has some potential, he is not there yet but he can be elite fit. " And "Tesi is still on our development list so he isn't eligible to play until the end of June. He is a player that we see with real NRL potential and... is the one who is really improving a rapid rate,"

So he's clearly pitting these two against each other, and saying Isaako currently lacks the fitness to be a great fullback. If Isaako fails to get "elite fit," he has a readymade reason to drop him.

Here are Seibold's direct quotes: ""He (Isaako) has the potential to be elite fit. The best fullbacks in the competition are elite fit and he has some potential, he is not there yet but he can be elite fit. " And "Tesi is still on our development list so he isn't eligible to play until the end of June. He is a player that we see with real NRL potential and... is the one who is really improving a rapid rate,"

So he's clearly pitting these two against each other, and saying Isaako currently lacks the fitness to be a great fullback. If Isaako fails to get "elite fit," he has a readymade reason to drop him.

this is where pies is funny. Talking about people getting into shape

34DAF8A7 ABF4 4020 83E7 57DFD79C5D6C

Wants him fit enough to support like Tedesco, RTS, Pap's etc. He needs to be around for every offload, tackle bust, line break etc as well as getting back to his position. We haven't had that for 3-4 years now.

Think we had the most line breaks in the comp this year, we capitalise on them and we'll do some serious damage.

Last edited:
Fullback more or less has to be the fittest position these days, you have to pretty much be everywhere at once to be top tier. Support through the middle on tackle 3, then be on the left/right edge to either throw the final pass or use your speed to bust through on tackle 4. It's probably why Milf hasn't gone particularly well there, even though his 2015 self should be tailor-made for that position. Well, lack of fitness and lack of motivation.

Last edited:
I'm happy enough to see Boyd given a shot at the wing. He can read the game well, make good decisions, communicate well. He won't be streaking away with ball in hand. But he could make us very strong defensively. Kind of a Brett Morris role. Could even channel his inner Hodgo. Can remember him almost single handedly keeping teams out when our defence was shot to pieces in his last year or so. And if not then gone.

this is where pies is funny. Talking about people getting into shape

View attachment 6783

Come on mate, the fat jokes were somewhat humourous for all of 5 seconds, please drop it. This sort of shit makes BHQ feel like a primary school playground at times with this level of humour.

The players just need to worry about themselves and fixing their shitty attitudes from 2019, not worry about their coach's physique. As a fan, I certainly don't give a **** what the coach looks like. Anyway, he's hardly obese. I would hazard a guess a fair proportion of fans here on BHQ are probably carrying at least a few extra pounds around. I know I certainly am, but yeah, thats life sometimes and no one is perfect.

Last edited:
Come on mate, the fat jokes were somewhat humourous for all of 5 seconds, please drop it. This sort of shit makes BHQ feel like a primary school playground at times with this level of humour.
It’s the exact reason why the joke exists though. He’s talking about people getting into ‘elite fit’ shape when he’s a gelatinous blob himself.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mick_Hancock
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.