NEWS Badel: Isaako "locked in" as 2020 fullback

Yeah, but who gives a ****? He's the coach, it's not his job to be 'elite fit'.
I’m not asking him to be, it’d just send a better message to his squad if he wasn’t a blimp

I’m not asking him to be, it’d just send a better message to his squad if he wasn’t a blimp

If anyone in the squad is unprofessional enough to use the coach's weight as an excuse for their own weight/fitness, then they need to find a new club.

This is the NRL, not Saturday arvo fifth grade followed by a pie and a beer.

Last edited:
If anyone in the squad is unprofessional enough to use the coach's weight as an excuse for their own weight/fitness, then they need to find a new club.

This is the NRL, not Saturday arvo fifth grade followed by a pie and a beer.
How many fat personal trainers do you see? He’s the coach, set a fucking example.

He works around fitness professionals all week long, jumpIng on a machine a few times a week wouldn’t hurt.

How many fat personal trainers do you see? He’s the coach, set a fucking example.

He works around fitness professionals all week long, jumpIng on a machine a few times a week wouldn’t hurt.

Yeah excess weight certainly harmed Meninga as origin coach. It sure harmed Leigh Matthews in those Lions premiership years and goodness me, how thankful we can all be there has never been an obese or a little overweight head coach win a Super Bowl or train your favourite man in the world how to be the coach he once was.

Wants him fit enough to support like Tedesco, RTS, Pap's etc. He needs to be around for every offload, tackle bust, line break etc as well as getting back to his position. We haven't had that for 3-4 years now.

Think we had the most line breaks in the comp this year, we capitalise on them and we'll do some serious damage.
This is why I'm excited to see how he goes at the back, I think he has some real potential to become a top tier fullback.
People are questioning his ball playing which is understandable, but I don't think it's a case of not having a good pass but pass selection. Either way it looks like seibold wants a fullback who has a high work rate and is always on the ball , which is the fullbacks are evolving.

Yeah excess weight certainly harmed Meninga as origin coach. It sure harmed Leigh Matthews in those Lions premiership years and goodness me, how thankful we can all be there has never been an obese or a little overweight head coach win a Super Bowl or train your favourite man in the world how to be the coach he once was.
Pies could still stand to lose a few.

No doubt but the original point has been debunked. His weight has little bearing on his coaching ability.
That was never the point. Hes already given us a pretty ordinary account of that.

What happened to Darius in Q cup.
Enough is enough, just get it fkn done

I wonder how hard Wayne hit it up at training when preaching to his forward to run harder. I wonder how many sideline conversions Tim Sheens slotted when telling players to improve their goal kicking techniques.
Do you not think it’d be better coming from someone who isn’t a mess?

Do you not think it’d be better coming from someone who isn’t a mess?

No. And i don’t know his his fitness level.

Tommy Raudonikis seems to be considered a pretty good coach.

Last edited:
No. And i don’t know his his fitness level.

Tommy Raudonikis seems to be considered a pretty good coach.

You’re mixing arguments up. I didn’t say he’s a bad coach because he’s a fat ****. There are other reasons I think that. The irony is just funny when pies is telling people to get fit

His job doesn’t require him to be in shape. Theirs does.

Are you blokes serious? Never managed anyone or had to lead by example I guess. Fmd, he should put the pies down and go for a run, wouldn’t be so hypocritical him talking about people having to be fitter lol.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.