BBL|08 Discussion

What a let down. Cutting doing everything he can and everyone else is playing like a bunch of fucking wankers.

Feels like it’s going to be another season of wasted opportunities.

Can McCullum not throw his wicket away next time. Either that or put him down the order. Heazlett has been trash.

Cuttsy played really well. He just needs consistency. Lynn was doing the right thing at the time but he blew it by getting out without teeing off afterwards

I feel we just import the QLD side (which I like don’t get me wrong) and then expect them to be automatically good at T20 when some of them just aren’t.

Cutting was immense, our best player tonight, but he's pretty much the "Korbin Sims" of the BBL. Shouldn't expect anything next time.

We really need to plan our innings out a lot better and nit throw out wickets away.
What the hell was Burns doing going for that shot ?!? Consolidate and then have a bash in the last few overs FFS

We really need to plan our innings out a lot better and nit throw out wickets away.
What the hell was Burns doing going for that shot ?!? Consolidate and then have a bash in the last few overs FFS

Yeah the whole line up except for Bryant and Cutting got it totally wrong, it was symptomatic of Aussie cricket in general. There are few accumulators anymore and especially for the Heat, Ross can’t even get a game.

This is why Sanggha’s innings the other night was so impressive.

Hobart vs Thunder has been very entertaining. Hoping to see Lynn and McCullum finally do something soon like Short and Wade have.

Ranked 130ish on BBL SC. I wish I had this sort of start on NRL SC lol, I think I'm a tad too biased towards a certain team in the NRL.

Yeah the whole line up except for Bryant and Cutting got it totally wrong, it was symptomatic of Aussie cricket in general. There are few accumulators anymore and especially for the Heat, Ross can’t even get a game.

This is why Sanggha’s innings the other night was so impressive.

To be fair to the Heat, going hard from the start has been working for them the past few seasons, it's just that the bowling has improved in the BBL in general, especially with the increasing inclusion of overseas spinners. Khan, Lamichane, and Rahman in particular are impossible to play, and Nabi is very good too.

Last edited:
That should be Heazlett done I imagine, he's had plenty of chances in BBL now, hasn't performed.

Bring Ross, Renshaw or Labuschagne back in to stabilise the middle order
Ross hopefully

I wonder if the Heat should try something like:

1. Renshaw (accumulator)
2. Bryant (blaster anyway)
3. Lynn (blaster)
4. Ross (floating accumulator)
5. McCullum (wk) (floating blaster)
6. Burns (floating accumulator)
7. Cutting (floating blaster)
8. Pattinson (can hold a bat but hopefully don’t need to rely on your number 8)

To be fair to the Heat, going hard from the start has been working for them the past few seasons, it's just that the bowling has improved in the BBL in general, especially with the increasing inclusion of overseas spinners. Khan, Lamichane, and Rahman in particular are impossible to play, and Nabi is very good too.

They've made the finals once since they won it in 2013. Nothing has gone well for five years.

Ranked 130ish on BBL SC. I wish I had this sort of start on NRL SC lol, I think I'm a tad too biased towards a certain team in the NRL.

Fucking Ingram ruined me, he had 3 absolute duds, I dropped him last week, comes out and goes off tonight. Always the way. That combined with M.Marsh getting randomly called up to the Aus team without scoring any runs in the last 4 years has sort of screwed any chances I had at a high placement.

Damn McCullum had been tits on a bull useless this series. Have a feeling we could be headed to 0 from 3.

Last edited:
Well at least it was a fun game. Felt the Heat missed a trick at the end of their innings by not capitalizing and losing wickets early, story of their season.

Unread

Active Now

• Strop
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.