BBL|10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see if he can actually turn one. He'll get found out quickly with that bowling ball after ball. But yeah, it was fun to watch Australian batsmen once again being clueless to spin bowling.

He has a lot of Kumble about his bowling.
Yeah I think if decent batsmen setup to play the pull shot as the first option he’s in trouble.

So the Rengades can manufacture a decent collapse

Last edited:
Worst game ever. Man the Big Bash has been pretty underwhelming thus far, though there have been some cool moments, like Phillipe tonight, the last wicket stand earlier today and...that's about it.

Worst game ever. Man the Big Bash has been pretty underwhelming thus far, though there have been some cool moments, like Phillipe tonight, the last wicket stand earlier today and...that's about it.
I hate to say it but the quality of the competition is so low.

It doesn't surprise me that the best t20 players (exception of Finch, Khan and Maxwell) don't bother with it.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but the quality of the competition is so low.

It doesn't surprise me that the best t20 players (exception of Finch, Khan and Maxwell) don't bother with it.
What do you mean? We normally get a lot of the best of the best

What do you mean? We normally get a lot of the best of the best
That's what we are led to believe but it's simply not true. In years gone by the quality has been better with guys like Nabi, Malan, Jordan, ABdV, etc but it's really tailed off to the point where blokes like Livingstone, Fletcher and Hales are considered stars.

Most of the real big names like Kohli, Williamson, Stokes, are tied up with test cricket but even still if you have a cursory glance at the ICC T20 player rankings, the BBL has:
- 1 of the top 20 ranked all rounders
- 3 of the top 20 ranked batsmen
- 5 of the top 20 ranked bowlers

It's the reason guys that dominate BBL like Sams and Stoinis are exposed in t20i games and very few Aussies are starters for IPL franchises. The leap in the standard is massive and the likes of Khan, Mujeeb, Maxwell must get a serious laugh out of it.

Last edited:
That's what we are led to believe but it's simply not true. In years gone by the quality has been better with guys like Nabi, Malan, Jordan, ABdV, etc but it's really tailed off to the point where blokes like Livingstone, Fletcher and Hales are considered stars.

Most of the real big names like Kohli, Williamson, Stokes, are tied up with test cricket but even still if you have a cursory glance at the ICC T20 player rankings, the BBL has:

It's the reason guys that dominate BBL like Sams and Stoinis are exposed in t20i games and very few Aussies are starters for IPL franchises. The leap in the standard is massive and the likes of Khan, Mujeeb, Maxwell must get a serious laugh out of it.
I think you can blame the lack of those quality players on covid 19. They would come but they can't this yesr

Kohli isn’t allowed to play regardless of Test cricket.

Tell you what, forget Lloyd Pope, Tanveer Sangha is the young leggy to keep an eye on. Seriously good.

Wildermuth definitely putting his name up in lights this week.

I'm not sure what it is or what's caused it but I'm starting to get back into cricket this summer.
Let's go Heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.