BBL|10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting definitely going to the Thunder. Apparently the Heat wanted him to open every game so he bailed out.

Makes more sense for him to open and face the hard ball, also lengthens our tail with an extra batsman in the middle order. If he didn't want to do what's best for the team, **** him. Can't bowl for shit anyway.

I can't help but like Cutting, despite his shit bowling and inconsistent batting. He just has this goofy look, reminds me of Corey Oates.
Also I am a big fan of Lalor for some reason. Hope he stays on.

I can't help but like Cutting, despite his shit bowling and inconsistent batting. He just has this goofy look, reminds me of Corey Oates.
Also I am a big fan of Lalor for some reason. Hope he stays on.

Always like a good left arm quick. If we don't want to retain Lalor I'd be seeing if we could get Jason Behrendorff or Joel Paris over from the Scorchers, quite like both of them.

I too liked Cutting, far more than warranted at times.

To refuse to open when he has no future outside of T20 globe-trotting is either a) lunacy, or b) being a massive pussy that doesn’t want to get found out. If anything it would only increase his various acronym leagues contract worth being more involved

He and Bryant chased down 150 for no loss in like 12 overs - it’s not like he can’t do it. You face maybe 5-10 overs batting and maybe bowl 4 overs. I’m all about working smarter, not harder, but there’s also a tipping point when it just becomes being lazy

Scorchers are going to be VERY hard to beat this season, they've signed Jason Roy to add to their already ridiculous line-up.

1. Jason Roy
2. Josh Inglis (wk)
3. Liam Livingstone
4. Mitch Marsh (c)
5. Cameron Green
6. Ashton Turner
7. Ashton Agar
8. Jhye Richardson
9. Andrew Tye
10. Jason Behrendorff
11. Fawad Ahmed

Depth: Cameron Bancroft, Kurtis Patterson, Sam Whiteman, Matthew Kelly, Joel Paris, Cameron Gannon.

AB de Villiers won't be coming over this year, staying in SA because of COVID restrictions / his wife expecting a child.

AB de Villiers won't be coming over this year, staying in SA because of COVID restrictions / his wife expecting a child.

Love the guy but he didn't set last year's comp on fire by any means.

I really enjoyed seeing Banton play, even if he, Lynn and Bryant are able to all get out within the first two overs occasionally (like 50% of the time?). Good to get Mujeeb back as well.

Cutting replacement

Don't mind the look of him, big hitter and reasonable bowler. Bit of experience in T20 leagues

Cen Butting.

7 spots left to fill, I expect it'll be primarily depth. Even if we lose Burns & Labuschagne for the Test match series, we only really need to fill 2 spots, middle order batsman & genuine fast bowler (Steketee yet to be re-signed)

1. Max Bryant
2. Tom Banton (wk)
3. Chris Lynn (c)
4. TBA
5. Tom Cooper
6. Lewis Gregory
7. Jack Wildermuth
8. TBA
9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman
10. Mitch Swepson
11. Ben Laughlin

View attachment 10462

7 spots left to fill, I expect it'll be primarily depth. Even if we lose Burns & Labuschagne for the Test match series, we only really need to fill 2 spots, middle order batsman & genuine fast bowler (Steketee yet to be re-signed)

1. Max Bryant
2. Tom Banton (wk)
3. Chris Lynn (c)
4. TBA
5. Tom Cooper
6. Lewis Gregory
7. Jack Wildermuth
8. TBA
9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman
10. Mitch Swepson
11. Ben Laughlin

That top three is as always going to be rocks and diamonds but one days where they fire it is going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.