BBL|11 Discussion

Great catch, but he hits it in the air through there way too often, players at the top level are going to take those catches more often than they don't.

Probably gets away with it playing for Toombul in first grade, not in the BBL. That's always been his issue though, he's brute power with no brain smarts involved, he just pounds the cover off of the ball and hopes like hell it either goes for 6 or they don't take the catch. Number of times I have seen him get out in the covers or trying to clear the longest boundary on the field, there's nothing up top involved with his thinking as a batsman.

He's entitled to walk off thinking "Geez, I was unlucky there" after watching that catch being taken but he will also know upon reflecting, as we all will.. he hits it in the air through there way too often.
No, that's just wrong. Players at that level catch that maybe 1 out of 10 times. That was a freakish catch.

You're talking about him like it's his first season, when he's been doing the exact same thing his entire career. His job is to score runs at a high strike rate, you're talking like this is test cricket. BBL is a joke league, with joke rules. Nobody is buying a BBL ticket to watch Lynn poke the ball around for 1's and 2's.

In Lynn’s defence …. this time it was to point

No, that's just wrong. Players at that level catch that maybe 1 out of 10 times. That was a freakish catch.

You're talking about him like it's his first season, when he's been doing the exact same thing his entire career. His job is to score runs at a high strike rate, you're talking like this is test cricket. BBL is a joke league, with joke rules. Nobody is buying a BBL ticket to watch Lynn poke the ball around for 1's and 2's.

It's about percentages though, as an example, he knows they bring spinners on to get him out and he surely knows he's no good against them, that'd be a good time to get up the other end. Things like that, he's not capable of applying himself in ways like that to give himself the best chance. The scorchers game, he was our there batting for most of the innings taking 1's and 2's and I was thinking to myself "okay, this is good, waiting for the right matchup", then he tries to belt Agar in the 14th over and gets out in the gully.

The catch was a great catch but still, he gave the fielder the opportunity and my point is that at this level in the BBL, you give good fielders the opportunity and they'll most likely take it.

Every team who plays the Heat know there is one bloke they have to get out to beat us and with the way he bats, he doesn't make it that hard for them to get him out. Any time I have seen him play a huge innings he's had all sorts of luck, there's no thinking going into it. You watch blokes like Maxwell, I know Maxwell is a freak but he plays reverses and the like to open up areas on the field which are his strong scoring areas, Lynn doesn't even try to do anything like that. He just backs himself to clear every boundary on any ground, beat any fielder in any position, smack any bowler in any conditions, it's low percentage play.

We need him to be better, he's the best player we've got and our team heavily relies on his performance. To just go out all guns blazing and walk off saying "well today wasn't my day", we need it to be your day Chris and we need it to be your day far more often than it has been. Or we're not going to feature in the BBL anytime soon.

It's about percentages though, as an example, he knows they bring spinners on to get him out and he surely knows he's no good against them, that'd be a good time to get up the other end. Things like that, he's not capable of applying himself in ways like that to give himself the best chance. The scorchers game, he was our there batting for most of the innings taking 1's and 2's and I was thinking to myself "okay, this is good, waiting for the right matchup", then he tries to belt Agar in the 14th over and gets out in the gully.

The catch was a great catch but still, he gave the fielder the opportunity and my point is that at this level in the BBL, you give good fielders the opportunity and they'll most likely take it.

Every team who plays the Heat know there is one bloke they have to get out to beat us and with the way he bats, he doesn't make it that hard for them to get him out. Any time I have seen him play a huge innings he's had all sorts of luck, there's no thinking going into it. You watch blokes like Maxwell, I know Maxwell is a freak but he plays reverses and the like to open up areas on the field which are his strong scoring areas, Lynn doesn't even try to do anything like that. He just backs himself to clear every boundary on any ground, beat any fielder in any position, smack any bowler in any conditions, it's low percentage play.

We need him to be better, he's the best player we've got and our team heavily relies on his performance. To just go out all guns blazing and walk off saying "well today wasn't my day", we need it to be your day Chris and we need it to be your day far more often than it has been. Or we're not going to feature in the BBL anytime soon.
You say that every team who play the heat know they need to get Lynn out. You know why they need to get him out? Because of the way he bats. If he struck the ball at 110 instead of 150, he wouldn't be a key wicket.

Instead of trying to change your best player, why don't they recruit some blokes to allow him to play his natural, high risk game.

He must have changed his technique or maybe it’s his shoulder. A few years ago he would just hit it over everyone.

You say that every team who play the heat know they need to get Lynn out. You know why they need to get him out? Because of the way he bats. If he struck the ball at 110 instead of 150, he wouldn't be a key wicket.

Instead of trying to change your best player, why don't they recruit some blokes to allow him to play his natural, high risk game.

Still doesn’t mean much if he’s scoring 15 (10) before flogging it straight to a fielder because every ball he faces all his brain says is ‘POWERPLAY. MUST HIT BALL’

Still doesn’t mean much if he’s scoring 15 (10) before flogging it straight to a fielder because every ball he faces all his brain says is ‘POWERPLAY. MUST HIT BALL’
What is his average for the Heat?

If he averages 15, sure, he should be dropped.

What is his average for the Heat?

If he averages 15, sure, he should be dropped.

quick search has him overall at around 35 avg

I know consistency is not natural to T20 but in the last few seasons he’ll be getting those 30-50 scores a couple of times but out for 15-20 or less every other innings

What makes it a (bigger) problem is the Heat collapse like no other and he’s usually always part of/the start of it, or gets himself out needlessly when we don’t need it

Constantly hitting it to fielders is still a big problem for him. I don’t know if he’s aiming for a certain shot or just relying on a brute force hit in a particular area of the field. That also has its own issue of him not developing different shots to avoid getting out.

Like I can’t recall seeing him play a sweep shot. Maybe it’s the shoulder, but you’d think maybe trying to play a shot effective against spin would help not getting out to it

quick search has him overall at around 35 avg

I know consistency is not natural to T20 but in the last few seasons he’ll be getting those 30-50 scores a couple of times but out for 15-20 or less every other innings

What makes it a (bigger) problem is the Heat collapse like no other and he’s usually always part of/the start of it, or gets himself out needlessly when we don’t need it

Constantly hitting it to fielders is still a big problem for him. I don’t know if he’s aiming for a certain shot or just relying on a brute force hit in a particular area of the field. That also has its own issue of him not developing different shots to avoid getting out.

Like I can’t recall seeing him play a sweep shot. Maybe it’s the shoulder, but you’d think maybe trying to play a shot effective against spin would help not getting out to it

So he is averaging 35, and striking at 150...I don't see the issue.

So because the rest of his team suck, he should change the style of game that makes him so good? He has always relied on brute force, why should we now expect a 31yr old T20 slogger to start developing new shots?

Do you think Lyon should learn how to bowl wrist spin against batsmen who are effective against finger spin?

Lynn hasn't evolved and neither have the Heat, they are still playing 20/20 like players were 10 years ago.

Whatever the Heat and Lynn are doing isn't working they haven't won anything since 14/15.

The best 20/20 players and teams aren't just slogging away and getting 20 off 12 every week. Azam was close to perfect in the World Cup- did a single ball leave the ground? Kohli crunches teams with timing and averages over 50 so the idea no other way to bat but slog is wrong.

Lynn BBL

11/12-109 runs at 21- 6 games
12/13-175 runs at 35- 9 games
13/14- 198 runs at 28- 8 games
14/15-243 runs at 30- 8 games
15/16-378 runs at 54- 1 and only 100- 8 games
16/17-309 runs at 154- 5 games
17/18-148 runs at 37- 5 games
18/19-385 runs at 35- 14 games
19/20-387 runs at 29- 14 games
20/21-458 runs at 35- 13 games
21/22-154 runs at 19- 8 games

Really average wise two good years.

So he is averaging 35, and striking at 150...I don't see the issue.

So because the rest of his team suck, he should change the style of game that makes him so good? He has always relied on brute force, why should we now expect a 31yr old T20 slogger to start developing new shots?

Do you think Lyon should learn how to bowl wrist spin against batsmen who are effective against finger spin?

No one is asking Lynn to take up a completely new skill, he isn't being asked to keep. He's being ask to hone his craft.

Green got bowled four games in a row and worked on it to fix it, changed his stance and set up. If Green had just said don't mind being bowled for 0 all good not changing anything that is poor.

No one is asking Lynn to take up a completely new skill, he isn't being asked to keep. He's being ask to hone his craft.

Green got bowled four games in a row and worked on it to fix it, changed his stance and set up. If Green had just said don't mind being bowled for 0 all good not changing anything that is poor.
Please don't compare test cricket to BBL.

Lynn hasn't evolved and neither have the Heat, they are still playing 20/20 like players were 10 years ago.

Whatever the Heat and Lynn are doing isn't working they haven't won anything since 14/15.

The best 20/20 players and teams aren't just slogging away and getting 20 off 12 every week. Azam was close to perfect in the World Cup- did a single ball leave the ground? Kohli crunches teams with timing and averages over 50 so the idea no other way to bat but slog is wrong.

Lynn BBL

11/12-109 runs at 21- 6 games
12/13-175 runs at 35- 9 games
13/14- 198 runs at 28- 8 games
14/15-243 runs at 30- 8 games
15/16-378 runs at 54- 1 and only 100- 8 games
16/17-309 runs at 154- 5 games
17/18-148 runs at 37- 5 games
18/19-385 runs at 35- 14 games
19/20-387 runs at 29- 14 games
20/21-458 runs at 35- 13 games
21/22-154 runs at 19- 8 games

Really average wise two good years.

35 is a good average in T20, so really, he's had 6 good years. As mentioned previously, he'd be great in a consistent line up but in a woefully inconsistent one, he is forced into being the hitter AND the linchpin, it has to do his head in.

This Hasnain guy is a very nice bowler, raw pace and hits the wicket hard. Can seriously bowler

This Hasnain guy is a very nice bowler, raw pace and hits the wicket hard. Can seriously bowler

Helps that he's bowling to club cricketers but he does have some nice late swing, also runs like a comic book character but cannot think of who.

Helps that he's bowling to club cricketers but he does have some nice late swing, also runs like a comic book character but cannot think of who.
None of those are club cricketers that he is bowling to.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.