CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

He has a pretty decent record in the longer format too. Would prefer him getting FC games than Guthrie.

He should be in the conversation for international honours for the shorter formats, especially given he is more than handy with the bat and is a great fielder also.
Every format. He is our 4th best quick.

He has a pretty decent record in the longer format too. Would prefer him getting FC games than Guthrie.

He came back from England with back problems, and they didn't play him getting it ready for the BBL.

17 Shield games since 19- it just isn't enough and his back is always hurting. He had to play Club cricket as a batsmen a few weeks ago.

He came back from England with back problems, and they didn't play him getting it ready for the BBL.

17 Shield games since 19- it just isn't enough and his back is always hurting. He had to play Club cricket as a batsmen a few weeks ago.

I didn't know that. It is a shame if injuries are holding him back because he has so much potential. I'm not surprised he played as a batsman though, he can more than hold the right end of the bat. Working on batting has helped Richardson fighting injuries too, he is a genuine bowling all rounder now and you can never have too many of those.

Tim David has been a bit of a let down for Hobart

Weatherald gets subbed in for Lynn and whacks 80 off 32 with 9x4s and 5x6s, mostly off Paddy Dooley who finished with figures of 0/53 off 2.5 overs 😬

I don't know how many tournaments have their absolute best local players unavailable for basically the entire tournament. Heat shouldn't have signed them if they were gonna go play somewhere else at the business end of the season.
Yes. I won't fully embrace the BBL unless the best Australian players are playing in it for the whole toyrnament. There is a big difference between BBL standard and international T20 standard. The summer schedule is terrible. Big gap of international cricket between NY test and the next one is frustrating too.

The old days of Test and Tri-series meant you got to watch the best international players play cricket over the summer every second day or so. BBL is just not at the same intensity or level for me. I want to see the best players play not a Sheffield Shield qu
in the most games over the summer.

Yes. I won't fully embrace the BBL unless the best Australian players are playing in it for the whole toyrnament. There is a big difference between BBL standard and international T20 standard. The summer schedule is terrible. Big gap of international cricket between NY test and the next one is frustrating too.

The old days of Test and Tri-series meant you got to watch the best international players play cricket over the summer every second day or so. BBL is just not at the same intensity or level for me. I want to see the best players play not a Sheffield Shield qu
in the most games over the summer.
Unfortunately those days are over. We could easily go back to that model, but it won’t make cricket any money.

These were the days where Australia chased down 212 off the last ball in a ODI and they still sold out the SCG. That won’t happen now.

Like it or not, the BBL makes money and it is the format that gets kids interested in cricket. Crowds are back, so I don’t think you’ll see it going away any time soon.

Smudge out first ball of the innings... booooo... start the game again!!!

Wait what the **** happened to this run chase??

I haven't been paying too much attention, but Thunder looked to have Sixers in all sorts during their batting with them only just getting to 150 odd. The Thunder then exploded out of the gates with the power play going at like 10 an over.

How the **** is the required run rate over 10 for them at the moment... is Warner playing a test innings 🤔🤔

Warner should probably like... I dunno... hit the fucking thing.

Wickets will do that
They should've been in cruise control after the power play... it was almost down to 6 rpo in a T20 with no wickets down!!

Been a really poor chase from Thunder I think.... they've literally had no answer to 40yr SOK with 3/13 off 4 overs... getting Hales, Bancroft and Warner.

O'Keefe getting 3/13 in a T20, including Hales, Bancroft and Warner

If 1910 wants to complain about anything it should be about Australian batters constantly getting out to finger spinners bowling 90km/hr straight ones that don't turn

Active Now

• Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.