BBL05

James Hopes 37 runs of 3 overs. Fekete 32 of 3, Cutting 32 of 4 apart from Floros all the bowlers went for 8 an over at least. Good we are in for a long season again.

180 should probably have been enough, although it seemed a bit low on that pitch. Their WI imports got them over the line, think it would have been quite a bit different without those guys.
They also got lucky with lots of shots falling between 2 and 3 fielders, but nothing you can do about that.

Problem is that all the huge talents/names are playing down south. I wonder if the party atmosphere of the BBL makes Sydney and Melbourne more attractive to players than the "quieter" capitals?

Wouldn't really say that Brisbane is a quiet capital. I think that the big stars play in Melbourne and Sydney because that NSW and Victoria are the most well known states cricket wise in Australia around the world, Victoria has produced Warne and NSW props up Australian cricket and is the backbone of cricket in this country.

We've always been ordinary. Pommers basically won us BBL02 on his own. Our imports apart from probably Vettori have all been average too and we had signed Johnson + Twatto when they were always playing Tests/ODIs. We either can't chase, or can't defend when we do set a decent total. As nice as it is to have heaps of QLD players, maybe loyalty is a bit of a hindrance in the BBL. And don't just sign West Indians and Kiwis as imports. Hopefully with McCullum retiring from national duties he can actually play for us now though

We really don't have any strike bowlers.

Bandree (sp) does a good job containing the batsman, but somebody needs to take the wickets at the other end.

We have the firepower with the bat though i believe

Apart from Lynn and Badre the Heat are hopeless. Can never score enough with the bat and there never seems enough pressure from the bowlers apart from Badre. 117/7 of 20 overs is unacceptable.

Lynn always impresses me when he bats, he will play ODI and 20/20 for Australia.

Are the heat even taken this seriously? Woeful stuff.

Lynn will play all three forms, he will replace Voges eventually.

A woeful display last night. They are clueless.

Agree with the hopeless comment, they really do appear to be iut of their depth in this years tournament.

They signed Lawlor, shows how bad they're going. Why would anyone sign that guy? He can't field, can't bat and can't bowl, he is a shame to us lefties and has a horrible hairstyle.

Went to the BBL last night. Credit to Chris Lynn who basically tried to win it on his own - and nearly got there. The Heat bowling attack is very ordinary.

If there is one good thing out of the Heat's season, it is Lynn is definitely getting himself noticed.

Went to the BBL last night. Credit to Chris Lynn who basically tried to win it on his own - and nearly got there. The Heat bowling attack is very ordinary.

I was there too. Outstanding knock by Lynn l. Outside of Lynn and Badree the heat have nothing. Is hopes injured? Because if they think that team has 11 players that are better than him they are deluded. How is Lalor playing top grade anything?

And Lynn Heat won! Boy he's a gun and speaking of guns, check out Stokes innings against SA right now!!

His having a great BBL with the bat Chris Lynn looks like he carried the Heat to victory.

Just had a read of the ODI squad to be announced tommorow and it looks like Lynn will be overlooked which is disappointing he wouldn't be out of place in the ODI squad.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • teampjta
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Skyblues87
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.