BBL05

I reckon Lynn will get a go at some point. There'll be plenty of players rested as it is another 3 years until the next WC and they'll want to give players they're considering for the T20WC some experience. If he's not named in the initial squad I can see him coming in for rested players later in the series, particularly if we have the series wrapped up early.

2NSErNg.gif

WTF Chris Gayle.

I don't have a drama with Gayles actions.
It was all done in good humour.

I don't have a drama with Gayles actions.
It was all done in good humour.

Yeah I agree. Sure it wasn't the smartest thing to say on live TV but he was clearly joking and it is good to see some characters still in world sport. The fun/political correctness police love to jump on anything though, so it is not surprising to see an overreaction.

You guys are pathetic.

She is a professional journalist, who is working and doing her JOB. It was highly inappropriate.

I have no doubt Gayle meant it as a joke and I'll admit I laughed at the time, but my wife who was watching at the time said it was inappropriate and on reflection I agree.

However, to still have this view a day later is not good enough. It's 2016 for goodness sake.

I suggest you have a good listen to this ABC Grandstand podcast from this morning:

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/the-press-room-scg-day-3

It is really important to know that this is not the first time Chris Gayle has engaged in this kind of behaviour, and Chris Rogers concludes that Gayle is toxic for young players on a team.

I hate all the pc shit too . But Chris Gayle did go too far , calling her baby live on air was pretty cringeworthy . That being said ch10 are hypocrites .Ads for I'm a celebrity get me out of here has Julia Morris constantly objectifying Chris Brown but no one gives a shit . Storm in a teacup imo .

I hate all the pc shit too . But Chris Gayle did go too far , calling her baby live on air was pretty cringeworthy . That being said ch10 are hypocrites .Ads for I'm a celebrity get me out of here has Julia Morris constantly objectifying Chris Brown but no one gives a shit . Storm in a teacup imo .

Gee long bow there. Massive difference between a skit between to 2 actors/presenters that has clearly been rehearsed and both are comfortable with; and a complete spud saying inappropriate things to a reporter on national TV, things that were both unexpected and quite clearly unwanted.

Gee long bow there. Massive difference between a skit between to 2 actors/presenters that has clearly been rehearsed and both are comfortable with; and a complete spud saying inappropriate things to a reporter on national TV, things that were both unexpected and quite clearly unwanted.

Yeah it is a long bow but it's still right .Who are the people complaining ? I haven't heard a word out of Mel Mclaughlin .

You guys are pathetic.

She is a professional journalist, who is working and doing her JOB. It was highly inappropriate.

I have no doubt Gayle meant it as a joke and I'll admit I laughed at the time, but my wife who was watching at the time said it was inappropriate and on reflection I agree.

However, to still have this view a day later is not good enough. It's 2016 for goodness sake.

I suggest you have a good listen to this ABC Grandstand podcast from this morning:

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/the-press-room-scg-day-3

It is really important to know that this is not the first time Chris Gayle has engaged in this kind of behaviour, and Chris Rogers concludes that Gayle is toxic for young players on a team.

Thanks for objectifying me as pathetic.

I get everyone's point here but as far as I saw he didn't go on with it, he said something stupid and it has completely been blown out of proportion. I want to iterate for any sensitive souls I may have offended that I am NOT saying what he said was good but it was spur of the moment and just stupid, and has since certainly been blown out of proportion.

I don't disagree but it is still objectifying the male in that skit. However, since it is a woman with the power, its ok?

Yeah it is a long bow but it's still right .Who are the people complaining ? I haven't heard a word out of Mel Mclaughlin .

In fact, hockey player Georgie Parker has come out in support of Gayle, for the huge amount of over-proportion blowing that has come about as a result.

What he said was stupid and cringey, but there's absolutely no need to blow up over it. Just laugh it off as pathetic. People are so sensitive it's even more cringe worthy.

I don't disagree but it is still objectifying the male in that skit. However, since it is a woman with the power, its ok?

The difference is it is a skit. A rehearsed performance that both people involved were aware of and consented to.

I'm sure when Mel picked up the mike last night she wasn't expecting to be repeatedly hit on by a supposedly professional sportsman like it's 2am in the valley.

In fact, hockey player Georgie Parker has come out in support of Gayle, for the huge amount of over-proportion blowing that has come about as a result.

Oh, I wasn't aware that hockey player Georgie Parker had given her opinion, I withdraw my comments.

The difference is it is a skit. A rehearsed performance that both people involved were aware of and consented to.

I'm sure when Mel picked up the mike last night she wasn't expecting to be repeatedly hit on by a supposedly professional sportsman like it's 2am in the valley.

Well I didn't see it live, was she actually REPEATEDLY hit on?

It's the double standard that pisses ppl off . If the roles were reversed and it was the male host constantly oggling the female host then we would never hear the end of it .

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • teampjta
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Skyblues87
  • Redfern_1980
  • Jazza
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.