BBL05

Her reaction to that should've told him not to keep going with the drinks invitation, and much less the cringe worthy "Don't blush baby".

He didn't actually ask her to go out for drinks.

He said something like.

If we win, we will go out for drinks. (he could have meant his team mates.)

Hopefully this will end the sports journalists from interviewing sports stars directly after a game, at half time or when players get out in cricket etc

Give sports stars a bit of time to gather their thoughts.

Come on Brisbane! Looking good. 2 in a row!!

Need 180 to be a chance imo. I don't have faith in our bowlers

Absolute trash from Fekete, complete garbage.

Terrible recruiting from the Heat. No good

Terrible recruiting from the Heat. No good

I'm a very casual follower of the BBL but I just don't get it, almost every other side is packed with international stars yet the Heat have absolutely no one. Where did all our cap go? Did we spend it all on McCullum only for him to play zero games?

I'm a very casual follower of the BBL but I just don't get it, almost every other side is packed with international stars yet the Heat have absolutely no one. Where did all our cap go? Did we spend it all on McCullum only for him to play zero games?
I'd love to know as well

What got me was the lack of intensity. The season was on the line and the fielding was absolutely unacceptable in the beginning let-down by poor bowling plans and strange field placements. The Strikers are a quality side with and without the bat, to bend over the way the Heat did was pathetic.

The crowd deserved better as well. They turned up in droves, made a ton of noise and got very little in return. It's performances like that which turn people off sport.

I think it seems that the Heat don't seem to take the Comp seriously yet and so just seem to throw teams together as an after thought while all the other franchises are trying to be professional about this comp.

The Heat tried to fix their bowling line up by signing the likes of Lalor and Feketee but gee they have been poor. The intensity as a fielding team has been very poor throughout the competition. Chris Lynn is a superb player but as a captain he is very inexperienced and it shows. We really missed out when we let Cam Boyce go to Hobart and Billy Stanlake go to Adelaide. Stanlake was ordinary last night but he is a strike bowler which we don't really have. The big trouble for the Heat is that QLD isn't developing quality fast bowlers. If Nick Buchanan has a contract next year I will lose it. He has pretty much had a contract for each year and played 2 games. Always injured and not even any good. We also desperately need another spinner or 2. Good spinners are a huge key to T20 cricket. Badree is good but he isn't a huge wicket taker particularly when the rest of the bowling line up continues to leak runs.

Steketee is good, just young and lacking in confidence. Stanlake is a Qld quick, we are still producing good fast bowlers, just need to recruit bowlers better or sign Boyce and Johnson asap. What ever happened to Alistair McDermott? He was really good at limited overs and then just disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Steketee is good, just young and lacking in confidence. Stanlake is a Qld quick, we are still producing good fast bowlers, just need to recruit bowlers better or sign Boyce and Johnson asap. What ever happened to Alistair McDermott? He was really good at limited overs and then just disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Stanlake and Steketee are handy but I feel we aren't producing the volume and talent of quicks we have in the past. That said both those young blokes could develop into very good bowlers. McDermott got shunned last season and didn't get a contract this season. I think there is a lot of politics involved at Queensland cricket from the rumblings I've heard.

brisbane heat need to get rid of lendl symonds and sign and Australian batsman that knows our conditions someone like michael klinger who will consistency make runs and for bowling get rid of everyone except badree, sign another spinner like a sunil narine or someone and sign two good attacking fast bowlers

brisbane heat need to get rid of lendl symonds and sign and Australian batsman that knows our conditions someone like michael klinger who will consistency make runs and for bowling get rid of everyone except badree, sign another spinner like a sunil narine or someone and sign two good attacking fast bowlers
Nice idea. Simmons won't be back next year. He was a late replacement for McCullum. Simmons had a good IPL 2015 but hasn't adapted to Australian conditions. The Heat do need to overhaul the whole bowling line up.

Awful fielding by the Heat they've now dropped Haddin twice and Hads looks like he might get them home.

Silk just bowled by Swepson for 3

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • Reds2011
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redfern_1980
  • Scorchie
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.