BBL05

great finish to the game betweeen strikers and the canes and good game to jake lehman to have had to come in for his first bat in bbl and hit a six to win the game also good game to simon milenko taking 3 wickets

Yeah felt sorry for Milenko, he had bowled really well and even the last ball wasn't a bad one, just a great strike by Lehmann.

brisbane heat vs Melbourne stars update

brisbane heat batting

James piereson bowled by Michael beer for a one ball duck

lendl symonds and chris lynn batting on a cold night

chris lynn smashing the ball all of the ball park to help the brisbane heat to a good start

Lynn is a special player, makes batting look easy.

It's further proof as to just how rubbish the heats squad is that a team featuring Lynn is a strong contender for the spoon.

watch the 'frankenstein' heat not even get 160 now ....

Last edited:
He's brilliant but has to play spin smarter

He's brilliant but has to play spin smarter and generally do everything at least twice as well as anyone from any state,territory or suburb outside of Queensland to be considered half as good everyone else, especially shaun marsh

edited.
hypnosis.gif

Last edited:
I've actually thought about it and realized the squad isn't awful. From next season, build around this:

1. Burns
2. McCullum
3. Lynn
4. Reardon
5. Cutting
10. Steketee
11. Badree

Need a decent all-rounder ala Henriques or two, another spinner and a strike express bowler.

Great start from the bowlers so far.

I know the BBL is just a bit of fun and all that, but am I the only one shocked at how bad the umpires are? I mean they are massively incompetent.

Couldn't pick a wide to save their life.

I've actually thought about it and realized the squad isn't awful. From next season, build around this:

1. Burns
2. McCullum
3. Lynn
4. Reardon
5. Cutting
10. Steketee
11. Badree

Need a decent all-rounder ala Henriques or two, another spinner and a strike express bowler.

Swepson seems to be doing well for a rookie. Give him another go next season.

Definitely need another strike bowler or two with Cutting now more a batting-allrounder that can be a serviceable pace bowler. Also do you keep (heh) Jimmy Peirson for next season too? Maybe move him down the order?

Swepson seems to be doing well for a rookie. Give him another go next season.

Definitely need another strike bowler or two with Cutting now more a batting-allrounder that can be a serviceable pace bowler. Also do you keep (heh) Jimmy Peirson for next season too? Maybe move him down the order?

I agree with all of that and as for Pierson, definitely keep him in the squad, he is a future star that has all the tools, just needs to learn how to consistently put it all together.

big score from the sydney thunder with dre russ and Watson getting stuck into them its nrarly impossible for them to make the finals now

Chris Gayle 50* (12), the rest of the team - 3/10 (18). Haha

Mitch Johnson on channel 9 earlier confirmed he plans on playing for the Scorchers next BBL. A bit if a shame considering the Heat paid him for 2 seasons and desperately need him next year.

I agree Mitch should give Heat the first option of his services, however, if he does sign with the Scorchers that will mean they have to let one of their bowlers go, we should pounce.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.