BBL05

I agree Mitch should give Heat the first option of his services, however, if he does sign with the Scorchers that will mean they have to let one of their bowlers go, we should pounce.
Yes we should be picking the eyes out of several other BBL teams. Need to find strike bowlers and depth in batting.

Yes we should be picking the eyes out of several other BBL teams. Need to find strike bowlers and depth in batting.

Our batting's fine. Even with the disgraceful effort in Perth we still scored the most runs of any BBL team (by the time of our last match). Other than that effort I think our lowest score was 160 when chasing 180 in Hobart.

A top 6 of; McCullum, Pierson, Lynn, Burns, Reardon, Cutting is good enough. It is our bowling that needs a complete overhaul. I hope we get Badree back again and combine him with Swepson, I also think Lalor showed enough at the back end of the season to be kept on.

Fekete & Steketee must go. If we can get a bowling all-rounder to replace Hopes and pick up a strike bowler we'll have a pretty good squad.

I'm pretty sure we did get one really bad score with the bat somewhere around 120.But yeah new bowlers!!

Our batting's fine. Even with the disgraceful effort in Perth we still scored the most runs of any BBL team (by the time of our last match). Other than that effort I think our lowest score was 160 when chasing 180 in Hobart.

A top 6 of; McCullum, Pierson, Lynn, Burns, Reardon, Cutting is good enough. It is our bowling that needs a complete overhaul. I hope we get Badree back again and combine him with Swepson, I also think Lalor showed enough at the back end of the season to be kept on.

Fekete & Steketee must go. If we can get a bowling all-rounder to replace Hopes and pick up a strike bowler we'll have a pretty good squad.

170 plus, five times.

Our batting is fine at full strength that is why I said batting depth is required. We could easily be without Burns and Lynn for a lot of next BBL. No doubt picking up some quality bowlers is the key moving forward. Another decent spinner would be nice but Swepson looks more than handy. Lalor is not very good but he showed a bit towards the end of the BBL.

strikers have put a competitive score on the table but i believe they would have really wanted 20 more runs. I know its not over but it just seems like the strikers are a little bit too un experienced they have been the best team for two years in a row and fallen in the semi final with a record of 7/1 wins and loses youd think they blow the thunder out of the park still a long way to go in the game but thunder are in the box office

Khawaja has gone to another three levels this season.

Congrats to Chris Lynn on being named player of the series, he fucking killed it with the bat!

In retrospect the Heat actually didn't do all that badly having beaten both the grand finalists, which probably goes to show the difference that one or two strike bowlers would have made.

I've mentioned before that I'm a very casual observer of the BBL but I was really impressed with the progress it's made this year as a viable sport in Australia. That crowd at the all Melbourne derby was phenomenal and it shows that the BBL is here to stay and growing rapidly.

I would just love to see the Heat sign some more big name international stars to draw in consistently bigger home crowds and no I'm not talking about a comedic has-been like Flintoff.

Badree is a gun, I'm happy to have him again next year, it's also worth noting that we'll have McCullum for the next couple of years, no more International duties.

Badree is a gun, I'm happy to have him again next year, it's also worth noting that we'll have McCullum for the next couple of years, no more International duties.

Cool, I didn't even realise that it was a multi-season signing. For some reason I thought all BBL contracts were on a per season basis :laugh:

Cool, I didn't even realise that it was a multi-season signing. For some reason I thought all BBL contracts were on a per season basis :laugh:

Yeah they usually are I think, but we signed him for 3 seasons. So I was semi-happy when he retired from International cricket :P

early wicket, stoinis out for 5 caught russel bowled watson

Can't believe I'm going for a team from Sydney that has Shane Watson in it, but anything is better than seeing Eddie Maguire win.

Can't believe I'm going for a team from Sydney that has Shane Watson in it, but anything is better than seeing Eddie Maguire win.

But you're cheering for a team with Mike Hussey in it

Bit early to make a BBL06 thread, so I'll just bump this one for now.

Heat have announced the re-signing of Samuel Badree. Not to mention a couple of handy off-season domestic signings in Alex Doolan & Alex Ross. Along with the fact we should have a full season of Brendon McCullum, unfortunately Joe Burns probably won't be a part of our 11 next season as he'll be likely playing for Australia.

1. McCullum
2. Peirson
3. Doolan
4. Lynn (c)
5. Ross
6. Reardon
7. Floros
8. Cutting
9. Badree
10. Feldman
11. Lalor

We really need some better quicks.. We've got the batting & spinners covered.

If we've got Feldman and Lalor in our bowling lineup we are all kinds of fucked TBH. Need to find some better fast bowlers. The batting looks really good but Bowling is bad. We need Cutting to be our 6th bowler IMO.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.