BBL05

It's the double standard that pisses ppl off . If the roles were reversed and it was the male host constantly oggling the female host then we would never hear the end of it .

Really? I'm pretty sure that happens fairly often...

I think Gayle really misjudged his timing and his familiarity with Mel McLaughlin.
If she had have laughed it off and said something like you didn't make enough runs to take me out for a drink or similar it would have been laughed off as a light hearted, if not cringe worthy, incident among friends.

Her reaction seemed to surprise him and kind of made it worse for him the more he spoke. It was also more creepy than funny.

I normally don't get too bothered about this kind of thing but her reaction indicates she was disturbed by Gayle's intended joke so he deserves a bit of a grilling. I'm still a Gayle fan though and in the scheme of things he will certainly make bigger mistakes.

The bottom line is that why she should she have to put up with that at her work place while trying to do her job. It's not a big deal worthy of the coverage it is getting but this is the world we live in. Women covering men's sports deal with things that alienate them on a daily basis so when stuff like this happens that really isn't needed they have a right to feel disappointed.

I think the timing sucked, as she was trying to do her job and get a serious answer to a relevant sports question.

That said, I wouldn't have had a problem at all with the initial flirting comment, but he should've seen she wasn't comfortable with it, and not kept going on with it, making the whole situation cringe-worthy and quite creepy to be honest.

All in all, this reigning vanilla nanny state mentality turned the whole situation into a circus, which went way over the top, and made a mountain out of a ant-hill.

The bottom line is that why she should she have to put up with that at her work place while trying to do her job. It's not a big deal worthy of the coverage it is getting but this is the world we live in. Women covering men's sports deal with things that alienate them on a daily basis so when stuff like this happens that really isn't needed they have a right to feel disappointed.

Feel disappointed absolutely, receive a private and even public apology yes but be fined $10 000? Come on! The reaction as always is completely over the top!

Feel disappointed absolutely, receive a private and even public apology yes but be fined $10 000? Come on! The reaction as always is completely over the top!
No doubt it has gone completely over the top. It seems like everything these days is blown over the top.

12508794_532371956934104_3567035167963627111_n.jpg

That said, I wouldn't have had a problem at all with the initial flirting comment, but he should've seen she wasn't comfortable with it, and not kept going on with it, making the whole situation cringe-worthy and quite creepy to be honest.

That's what happened though, he blurted all that out quickly, and then continued the interview as normal.

That's what happened though, he blurted all that out quickly, and then continued the interview as normal.
Nah, the initial comment was about her eyes. Her reaction to that should've told him not to keep going with the drinks invitation, and much less the cringe worthy "Don't blush baby".

Another thing - where do you draw the line on this "but it's her workplace" thing?
Sportsmen and women getting wolf whistled or being the subject of "jokes" from the sideline,
Female cops walking down the Surfers mall.
I'm sure there's hundreds more.
Some of the outrage I heard on radio and tv today was waaaay over the top.

I can't believe the Heat signed Feketee and Lalor when they could have signed the QLD quick Billy Stanlake

I can't believe the Heat signed Feketee and Lalor when they could have signed the QLD quick Billy Stanlake

I can't believe they signed feketee and Lalor when they could have signed no-one.

Not to mention, why was Lendl Simmons signed as an import? He seems pretty useless and as far as I'm aware, doesn't have a good record either. Why couldn't we go for Al Hasan or even Ten Doeshate?

Not to mention, why was Lendl Simmons signed as an import? He seems pretty useless and as far as I'm aware, doesn't have a good record either. Why couldn't we go for Al Hasan or even Ten Doeshate?
Top 3 in the runs for last year's IPL. Lol at suggesting Ten Doeshate.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Maddy
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • Reds2011
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redfern_1980
  • Scorchie
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.