OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

White wouldn’t have made the decision off his own back to meet with Bellamy. He would have done so with the boards blessing. The person who leaked it to Hooper is the one you should be disappointed with and you can’t rule out it wasn’t Bennett himself. I understand he wasn’t privey to the meeting but was obviously tipped off at some stage.

I thought it was confirmed that the leak came from Melbourne?

But you did say that. Sabotaging the new coach would pretty much be sabotaging the club wouldn't it?
I never said Bennett was sabotaging a new coach or the club. At least not on purpose. One could argue the ridiculous recruitment and retention decisions (i.e. Boyd and Bird) are sabotaging the club.

Afternoon reports are saying Storm have put an ultimatum as such on Belly for this week.

I know some morons will denounce me as a Melbourne supporter for saying this but I really admire the ruthlessness of that club. Maybe "admire" is the wrong word. I wouldn't want the Broncos to copy them as they come across as cheating grubs but their win at all costs attitude is really something.

I know some morons will denounce me as a Melbourne supporter for saying this but I really admire the ruthlessness of that club. Maybe "admire" is the wrong word. I wouldn't want the Broncos to copy them as they come across as cheating grubs but their win at all costs attitude is really something.

The Broncos have values tho

IMO if you understand that the parties are wanting these negotiations to be kept private up until the point an agreement is or isn't made, you would respect that and keep it to yourself. Obviously you tell your boss when it is at the appropriate stage.

Having said that, I'm probably the foolish one expecting that a bloke that has overseen several years of systematic rorting and a style of play that has changed the fabric of an entire sporting competition to have any sort of respect for anyone or anything.

Maybe Bellamy isn't the **** he's made out to be. Maybe he told the Storm in good faith that they wouldn't open their mouths.

I never said Bennett was sabotaging a new coach or the club. At least not on purpose. One could argue the ridiculous recruitment and retention decisions (i.e. Boyd and Bird) are sabotaging the club.

You never said this?

Reyter said:
It's just a guess but I'm thinking Bennett knows he is on the way out and is trying to sabotage the first few years of Bellamy. Of course it depends on how much money Gillett is on for the next 4 years but even before his injury, there were clear signs he was in decline. And now he is on the books for another 4 years.​

Somebody must be hacking your account and posting for you then.

**** it everything is going wrong let’s get in Tallis.

Why? He's been there for years and years. Telling your boss you've got another offer / looking for something better is pretty common.
Is it really? I doubt it. Why in the world would you tell your employer you might be leaving, unless you actually are? It's parallel to the club telling Bennett they're looking for replacements, without finding one first. What's the point? It only disadvantages yourself, and doesn't really give the club anything.

How does him telling Melbourne he *might* leave help him or the club? Now once he has decided in his head that he is leaving, sure you would tell them ASAP, but so long as it's a maybe it's pretty pointless. He's been offered a contract extension, he hasn't signed it. That says all the club would need to know, I don't see why he'd have to specifically tell them he's talking to the Broncos.

Some pretty big over-reactions here about not getting Bellamy

I just can't agree it puts egg on the clubs face

You have a crack at who many believe to be the best coach going round right now, and he doesn't come

It's no big deal because you don't know why he didn't take the offer

For all we know his wife refused to leave Melbourne or any number of reasons that have literally nothing to do with the Broncos

One thing we seemingly know right now is the 1 year wait is a problem for Bellamy

It's quite possible that Brisbane miss out on Bellamy because they refuse to sack the greatest coach in the history of the game

I don't consider that egg on the club's face

In fact I consider sacking Wayne would be a much bigger blight on the club than missing Craig's signature

Some pretty big over-reactions here about not getting Bellamy

I just can't agree it puts egg on the clubs face

You have a crack at who many believe to be the best coach going round right now, and he doesn't come

It's no big deal because you don't know why he didn't take the offer

For all we know his wife refused to leave Melbourne or any number of reasons that have literally nothing to do with the Broncos

One thing we seemingly know right now is the 1 year wait is a problem for Bellamy

It's quite possible that Brisbane miss out on Bellamy because they refuse to sack the greatest coach in the history of the game

I don't consider that egg on the club's face

In fact I consider sacking Wayne would be a much bigger blight on the club than missing Craig's signature

So what would we do after Wayne's last year (because after the way all this has played out even the most head in the sand couldn't believe he will be extended)? Just be happy with Demetriou? See what Hasler is up to? Who knows maybe we can pick up the dregs after guys like Arthur and Pay are sacked.

Good times ahead.

Is it really? I doubt it. Why in the world would you tell your employer you might be leaving, unless you actually are? It's parallel to the club telling Bennett they're looking for replacements, without finding one first. What's the point? It only disadvantages yourself, and doesn't really give the club anything.

How does him telling Melbourne he *might* leave help him or the club? Now once he has decided in his head that he is leaving, sure you would tell them ASAP, but so long as it's a maybe it's pretty pointless. He's been offered a contract extension, he hasn't signed it. That says all the club would need to know, I don't see why he'd have to specifically tell them he's talking to the Broncos.

Because if Melbourne don't know you're looking around, they don't know to offer you extra ;-)

We haven't spent the past few years grooming someone for the position and now we're going after Bellamy to coach the Broncos from 2020 onwards.

If we don't get him, how is not a disaster for the club?

Remember what happened the last time this happened?

We ended up with Henjak and Griffin and were a complete rabble for the next 6 years. Well 5 years apart from 2011.

The Broncos said they weren't going to make the same mistake again, but it looks like it's going to happen.. Again. We re-sign Bennett for a couple more years and then we're back to square one when his contract is up.

I really think we should look into getting Geoff Toovey to the club.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • mrtij
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Tim K
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Astro
  • Morkel
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • phoenix
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.