OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Although I'll miss the vision from the coaches box, I hope the 'psycho' half of Bellamy stays in Melbourne. I'll hate that behaviour if he's our coach (and I also wonder how his players truly feel seeing it). Also, **** the wrestle. I don't want to be that team. They've ruined the past decade of footy with that shit

I would not want Bellamy to bring Slater with him. Munster on the other hand definitely yes because I think he could be the best fullback in the NRL.
Even better would be both Jacks and Munster.
Imagine a spine of 9 Macca 7 Jacks 6 Milford 1 Munster.

Or you could swap Munster and Milford around and I would not be phased.

At some point the club has to action a succession plan and IMO Bellamy is the perfect fit. The timing seems like it's a year out with Wayne still having a year to go on his contract, but if this means Wayne needs to step aside to ensure the deal then so be it. I would rather that than 1 more year with Wayne, we miss out on Bellamy and end up in another Henjak style fucking nightmare. I'll be happy knowing the future looks bright with Bellamy in the top job.
I'm thinking this could be very much on the money with the way Kevvie bailed out too...I'd say he knew he was never going to get the job.

One of the benefits of signing Bellamy is that it would take him away from the Storm, and I doubt Bennett would go to another NRL club at this stage of his life, so we would have the undisputed best coach in the game and the pull that comes with it on the player market. My biggest concern with losing Bennett is that most of our young blokes want to play under him. I would be against the deal if it costs us a player the calibre of TPJ.

Bennett is pushing 70. We could have Bellamy on board for 8-10 years. I absolutely love and respect Bennett, but I dno if he could coach that long even if he wanted to.

Hell's Bells I can't believe anyone wouldn't want Bellamy to be head coach. He is one of two coaches I would give the keys to for the entire joint and say do whatever. Cleary being the other.

This guy is innovative and flat out gets the job done. Under Bellamy you will see the players on the field are the ones that deserve to be on the field. He will recruit talent, he will lead the franchise championships, and will damn well make sure to get production out of the spine.

I can only hope their is some truth to the story.

Croft > Jacks

Despite the shit start to this season, Croft is going to be really good.

Jacks is a journeyman who does his job moderately well at a low wage, the Slade Griffin of the Halfback world. I'd much prefer to take the punt on the vastly higher upside, younger player, who's already had a few years to learn from Cronk.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/22...ension-for-bellamy-amid-brisbane-speculation/

Melbourne table contract extension for Bellamy amid Brisbane report

Author
Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 22 May 2018, 07:40 PM

The Melbourne Storm have revealed the club has tabled a lucrative three-year deal to coach Craig Bellamy in the wake of a report linking the premiership-winning mentor to a switch to Brisbane.
Storm CEO Dave Donaghy told NRL.com on Tuesday night the club had presented a substantial offer to Bellamy in April.
It comes as the NRL premiers try to maintain their position as a Telstra Premiership powerhouse in the wake of Cooper Cronk's switch to the Roosters and the end nearing on the glittering careers of international stars Cameron Smith and Billy Slater.
Fox Sports reported on Tuesday night that Bellamy was in the sights of the Broncos, which raises questions about the tenure of coach Wayne Bennett, who is contracted to Brisbane until the end of 2019.
"Craig has a significant three-year deal on the table with us. That's been there for a month," Donaghy said.
Asked about Brisbane's reported interest, Donaghy said: "That's a question for them. I don't care."

Do Bennett and Bellamy get along? Bennett as director of football, Bellamy as coach, Smith as assistant coach. Bring Munster and Croft. Throw in Brandon Smith and got a team. Need to also Bring Bellamy’s accounting team and a tanker full of soap to deal with the grubbiness of those guys.

At end of day Bennett is almost 70 working a job that requires 60+ hours a week. He doesn’t need to retire but surely at some point sooner than later needs to transition to more balanced life. Director of coaching. If Bellamy and him get along might work especially as need a coach Bennett couldn’t push around and Smith come through to take over Bellamy when he is done. A premiership or two would remove any stink.

Do Bennett and Bellamy get along? Bennett as director of football, Bellamy as coach, Smith as assistant coach. Bring Munster and Croft. Throw in Brandon Smith and got a team. Need to also Bring Bellamy’s accounting team and a tanker full of soap to deal with the grubbiness of those guys.

At end of day Bennett is almost 70 working a job that requires 60+ hours a week. He doesn’t need to retire but surely at some point sooner than later needs to transition to more balanced life. Director of coaching. If Bellamy and him get along might work especially as need a coach Bennett couldn’t push around and Smith come through to take over Bellamy when he is done. A premiership or two would remove any stink.
Never happen.

Shit just got real

The fact that White and Bennett are doing a press conference together tomorrow probably means that it'll be a good old fashion about-face from White.

"We haven't offered Craig or anyone else the head coaching position at the Brisbane Broncos and are working towards a contract extension with Wayne."

Im confused that NRL 3 year lucrative deal that storm put out is that saying hes been handed that but he hasn't taken it because he hasnt made his mind up?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.