Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

**** me. Didn't this all start from a highlights video on a Broncos fan site? I will apologise now in advance if any of my posts have a Broncos bias, being a fan and all, it's kinda my thing...

If it was Taylor in the Broncos 17 in 2011, he would have been a bench player as well.

I can't think of any coach in the game that would have taken apart our 2011 combo (a combo that got us to within one game of the GF until injury struck) unless that replacement was also an established half. Bennett sure as hell wouldn't have.

As for the bias. I would like to think I remove any bias when I make videos of two different players/clubs. I always did that with my promos. Well except for the Origin one but there weren't many good moments from NSW to include.

I'm also a big fan of Taylor.

Last edited:
Creates a thread dedicated to comparing them, says you can't compare them because there's too many variables. It just makes no sense. Bow down, give in. No facts can prove anything on here anymore.

How does it compare to Hunt's 2011 highlights?
This would be fair if people wanted 2016 Ash Taylor to replace 2011 Ben Hunt but unfortunately we don't have access to time machines and live in a world where people are claiming that 2016 Ash Taylor was better than 2016 Ben Hunt.

When Hunt was given opportunities at that stage of his career, he wasn't as useful and that was playing alongside THE greatest player of all-time.

Corey Norman?

Corey Norman?

Hunt played two games alongside Locky in 2010.

Round 7 vs Bulldogs and Round 8 vs Knights.

Didn't really do much. Scored a try against the Knights, that's about it.

Creates a thread dedicated to comparing them, says you can't compare them because there's too many variables. It just makes no sense. Bow down, give in. No facts can prove anything on here anymore.

"Facts" such as comparative highlights packages...

2016 Ash Taylor was better than 2016 Ben Hunt.

Better arguments have been put forward on that talking point. The bulk of the argument has centered on Taylor being the better future investment.

Corey Norman?

Brah....

Corey Norman?

ultimatefacepalm.gif

Hunt played two games alongside Locky in 2010.

Round 7 vs Bulldogs and Round 8 vs Knights.

Didn't really do much. Scored a try against the Knights, that's about it.
The round 8 game v the Knights had some interesting moments.

Hunt dropped a kick off which is funny.

He scored a try from putting on a big step after a Lockyer pass 5m out.

Locky had 3 try assists (Hunt, Teo x2).

Thaiday scored off a Corey Parker grubber, something that probably never happened before or since.

Kemp defended like mud on the left wing.

If you compare McQueen to another young backrower, do you compare them when they were the same age despite the fact McQueen was a back?

No.

You compare them when they were both playing in the same position a whole season for the first time which would be 2014 for Hunt.
So age and the experience of playing NRL counts for nothing... gotcha. :lostit:

This would be fair if people wanted 2016 Ash Taylor to replace 2011 Ben Hunt but unfortunately we don't have access to time machines and live in a world where people are claiming that 2016 Ash Taylor was better than 2016 Ben Hunt.
Who did that? Please show me a post where anyone has stated that.

Who did that? Please show me a post where anyone has stated that.
Well I'm certainly not going through every thread that has turned into a 'Hunt's Fault' thread this year because I don't have time to go through EVERY SINGLE THREAD THIS YEAR.. You can do the work this time. I'll give you some help though.

Just go find one of those posts ranking halfbacks this year where Hunt is like 11th haha.

Fair enough, I'm on holiday so tbf, my brain is switched off more than usual. :biggrin:

All good, I realise that post didn't come across as my usual chipper self.

Well I'm certainly not going through every thread that has turned into a 'Hunt's Fault' thread this year because I don't have time to go through EVERY SINGLE THREAD THIS YEAR.. You can do the work this time. I'll give you some help though.

Just go find one of those posts ranking halfbacks this year where Hunt is like 11th haha.
So you've got nothing... thought so.

So you've got nothing... thought so.
Yeah, mate. That's exactly it.

Just so I'm clear again. Taylor will be better in 2018 based on nothing but guesses, right? Even in 2018 will we still have to wait until Taylor has played the same amount of games as Hunt before we can compare them?

Those who have gone through, posted videos, posted stats, put forward legitimate arguments have nothing and those who predict the future are right.

4296310-professor+trelawney.jpg

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • phoenix
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.