Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

It's a good question.. Who's to know?.. I'll go out on a limb and say Taylor will have been a better half back after all is said and done and the boots are hung up. I hope he'll come back to Brisbane soon.

The only clause I have ever heard of where the opposition get to pick your team was BJ Leilua. He wasn't allowed to play against the Knights a few weeks after shifting to the Raiders.

Stipulating that he has to play NRL is just not believable. So the Titans would have been locked in no matter how his form was going? Thurston rings up and says I want to come to the Coast- we have to play Taylor all year sorry.

I can't see it sorry. The Broncos couldn't even keep a straight face requesting that clause.

He never said it was a clause . Just a promise from the Titans he would see game time if we released him , that is my guess. And ash has obviously promised to return.

Didn't the Broncos have a similar arrangement with Gagai? Release him to the Newcastle under the proviso that he couldn't play in their upcoming game at Suncorp? Or did the Broncos simply stall?

Either way, it would be foolish to think an arrangement exists between the Broncos and the Titans. The only silver lining in all of this is that Taylor left the club on good terms, the rest is just wishful thinking.

I really hope Taylor kicks on this year. I don't think anybody doubts his potential but it's fine to be skeptical at this stage. There's been so many past instances where a star half has emerged only to fall flat to demand some caution.

If you read rogerwilco's text ! He says that it was agreed that Taylor would receive game time , that was for his release!! He then states that Taylor will be back! Now there is nothing stating that the Titans agreed for him to return , this part was obviously agreed between Taylor and Bennett!!! Like i have said myself "things change bro " .... but i am more than happy to get my hopes up for taylor to return. If he doesn't im not going to be devastated, because im sure we will get a good partner for milf...

Last edited:
While I respect wilco's intel, I wouldn't take it to the bank. I don't know any of the parties involved, Bennett, Taylor, Roger Wilco (if that's even his real name...) so who am I to say that's exactly the way it went down?

Too often fans count their chickens before they hatch.

While I respect wilco's intel, I wouldn't take it to the bank. I don't know any of the parties involved, Bennett, Taylor, Roger Wilco (if that's even his real name...) so who am I to say that's exactly the way it went down?

Too often fans count their chickens before they hatch.

Yeah i know. But like I said things do change i understand that. I am happy to think that there is a good chance that Taylor will be back. I would much prefer a junior to take control of the broncs . Either way excited by the change that is coming.

Yeah i know. But like I said things do change i understand that. I am happy to think that there is a good chance that Taylor will be back. I would much prefer a junior to take control of the broncs . Either way excited by the change that is coming.

Just remember the grass isn't always greener :wink:

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Justwin
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Spoon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.