Ben Hunt

• Thread starter BroncosFan4Life7
  • Start date
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is a good question, why did Norman get so many chances? Why has Hunt had so few? Why did we stick with Wallace so long?

These are all questions that lie squarely on Hook's shoulders and that is a massive concern heading into next season.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That is a good question, why did Norman get so many chances? Why has Hunt had so few? Why did we stick with Wallace so long?

These are all questions that lie squarely on Hook's shoulders and that is a massive concern heading into next season.

Obviously hook knows his inconsistencies but guess he figures now or never

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Because Hunt was given full chances in both the 2012 & 2013 pre-seasons. Norman & Wallace went better last year, Wallace & Prince this year. And remember the pre-season is almost as long as the actual football season, so we're talking months to show that he is the best candidate. He didn't, or at least Hook didn't believe he did.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Hunt will be a QLD and Australian rep and most importantly for us will be a premiership winning half.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Obviously hook knows his inconsistencies but guess he figures now or never

This is true, Norman was consistent. Consistently SHIT with a bad attitude to boot.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Because Hunt was given full chances in both the 2012 & 2013 pre-seasons. Norman & Wallace went better last year, Wallace & Prince this year. And remember the pre-season is almost as long as the actual football season, so we're talking months to show that he is the best candidate. He didn't, or at least Hook didn't believe he did.

I take the point but I saw at least two of the trials this year and in my opinion, Hunt was CLEARLY the best half on the field in both games I saw. I strongly believe Hook went for Prince and Wallace purely because of their names, not who played best. Hook may have said everyone started on an even keel at season's start but we all know that is not the case, otherwise Norman would never have featured for so long.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I take the point but I saw at least two of the trials this year and in my opinion, Hunt was CLEARLY the best half on the field in both games I saw. I strongly believe Hook went for Prince and Wallace purely because of their names, not who played best. Hook may have said everyone started on an even keel at season's start but we all know that is not the case, otherwise Norman would never have featured for so long.

Well if that's the case he wouldn't be the only player to be bumped despite clearly looking the goods in the off-season. Cough cough Kemp.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well if that's the case he wouldn't be the only player to be bumped despite clearly looking the goods in the off-season. Cough cough Kemp.

Yeah poor old Denan. Whatever happened to his career, it just died in a hole.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
There's a difference for competing for a halves spot in the preseason and owning a halves spot in the preseason. Instead of Hunt being one of four guys giving everyone mixed messages and the team having to learn several different ways of playing Hunt is going to have the team playing the way he wants them to play. They got a taste of it towards the end of this season and now with Norman, Wallace and Prince not returning for next year it is now up to Hunt to direct the team around and by the start of next season hopefully they're all clicking and we'll really see Hunt blossom and be the natural talent we need and hope he will be.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hunt has now taken on a ton of responsibility, sink or swim and I like it. With Barba definitely there and McCullough, the other 'spine' member will be important but those two are at least good enough to build a combination with. 2014 - Return of the Broncos!!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Sorry mate, but that's not true. Hunt was the worst of the halves in the trials, and not even by a little bit.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Yeah I think hunts new partner will be the difference between bad and good for him .

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
Sorry mate, but that's not true. Hunt was the worst of the halves in the trials, and not even by a little bit.

I think you are right that he played the worst. But I do remember seeing a couple of good plays that the others just weren't capable of. There was potential there, but he usually went missing for the rest of the time. It's pretty much what we are seeing right now. There's hope for the kid if he can just believe in himself. I don't mind the stupid mistakes if he just keeps trying. He will either start coming good or just sink, either way I hope he doesn't just quietly fade into the background each game.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
If we don't get Milford I kinda hope Prince kicks around for one more season even though I know we really should be looking to the future.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
He has a lot of improvement to do, his consecutive games at HB this year showed that while he is capable of playing what's in front of him, he still has a lot of mistakes in him, and regardless of how he's been used previously, it's sink or swim for him next season.

He ain't gonna be a Qld/Aus half but hopefully for him and for us, he can iron out the mistakes and be a little more consistent.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
He has a lot of improvement to do, his consecutive games at HB this year showed that while he is capable of playing what's in front of him, he still has a lot of mistakes in him, and regardless of how he's been used previously, it's sink or swim for him next season.

He ain't gonna be a Qld/Aus half but hopefully for him and for us, he can iron out the mistakes and be a little more consistent.

He might have been if he was the son of a Tiger's forward from the '80s/'90s.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.