Ben Hunt

One has to consider WB's pulling power in all of this... it's annoying for some people that Hunt didn't spontaneously ejaculate when he heard the news of Hook's replacement.

Not even related. like at all.

One has to consider WB's pulling power in all of this... it's annoying for some people that Hunt didn't spontaneously ejaculate when he heard the news of Hook's replacement.

Being a Sharks fan when he was younger might have something to do with that.

Edit: Sorry for replying to something off topic.

Last edited:
"Had a good enough offer come along he would have seriously considered it."

kinda like saying - "Don't worry boys we are all in this together, unless another club throws me big dollars and then I gotta thing about things"

All Hunt's father was saying was that Ben Hunt was weighing up his options. Not once did he say in that statement, that he wanted Hunt to leave cause Hook got sacked, instead he happened to say he was happy that he stayed at the Broncos. He said absolutely nothing wrong.

Not even related. like at all.
Pretty sure that Hook's sacking was the reason behind Hunt's decision to look at outside options and why he had a few crappy weeks on the field... so how is that not related?

Pretty sure that Hook's sacking was the reason behind Hunt's decision to look at outside options and why he had a few crappy weeks on the field... so how is that not related?

Pretty sure nearing the end of his contract after a stand out year was the main reason behind looking at outside options. He had crappy games before then too.

Pretty sure nearing the end of his contract after a stand out year was the main reason behind looking at outside options. He had crappy games before then too.
Yeah... or this:
“A couple of days after Hook got the sack, Ben said to me, ‘Let’s look over the fence’.

“He considered a few options. Had a good enough offer came along then, Ben would have seriously considered it.”

At the time, Hunt lashed Broncos hierarchy, saying the players should have been consulted about Griffin’s future. His disappointment spilled onto the field.

“Ben took it really tough,” Geoff recalled.

“He didn’t handle that period too well, his form dropped off for a few weeks. He was insecure at that point in time about his future at the club and he was really shattered by Hook getting the punt.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227090532883

Not related at all...

Where does it say he's looking at testing his value in the market, or even looking at other offers?
For easy reference, here is the original complete original article you mention... the usual media dribble without any quotes or references, other than speculation about a form player with one and a half year contract still to go:

A YEAR ago, Ben Hunt could not get a start at halfback. Now the Broncos will need to move quickly to head off any threats of the emerging Brisbane star being poached by rival clubs.

Hunt was named man of the match again on Sunday as he led the Broncos to a brilliant 36-10 win over Manly at Suncorp Stadium.
The halfback has been the undoubted find and star of Brisbane’s season so far, thriving under the new responsibility and faith from coach Anthony Griffin to make the No.7 jersey his own.

Hunt is signed to the Broncos only until the end of 2015, and was recently listed as one of four playmakers – including Origin duo Daly Cherry-Evans and Trent Hodkinson – set to spark interest when rival clubs can begin to poach talent for 2016 in November this year.
Hunt has recently commenced building a home in Brisbane and his management is keen to begin talks this season about an upgraded deal to secure the 24-year-old’s long term future at Red Hill.
This time last year Hunt was struggling to get 20 minutes of game time each week as the understudy hooker. Now he is rated among the top echelon of halfbacks in the NRL.
“I’m really happy the club stuck by me and I hung around and Hook (Griffin) gave me the opportunity and I’m just really happy to be leading the team around at the moment,” Hunt said. “(Griffin) always had faith in in me, I guess he just wanted me to work on the things I needed to work on in my game.
“It was just good to get a full pre-season in that halfback position.

Hunt agreed with Griffin’s summation that Sunday was Brisbane’s most complete 80-minute performance of the season and said the attack was starting to find its groove after some inconsistent efforts.

“It’s starting to feel pretty good … I’m feeling really good at the moment,” he said. “I think our attack is starting to come together week by week.
“We’ve had patches of good football but this week we really played well for 80 minutes which was really pleasing.
“We talked about it at half-time how we had got out to leads before and let teams back into it, so it was a credit to the boys that we did that today and stuck it to them.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cl...aymaker-ben-hunt/story-fni3gv5x-1226939201052

Looks like he was really happy at the Broncos at that point in time... a rather stark contrast with what happened after "the announcement".

Last edited:
Where does it say he's looking at testing his value in the market, or even looking at other offers?
For easy reference, here is the original complete original article you mention... the usual media dribble without any quotes or references, other than speculation about a form player with one and a half year contract still to go:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cl...aymaker-ben-hunt/story-fni3gv5x-1226939201052

Looks like he was really happy at the Broncos at that point in time... a rather stark contrast with what happened after "the announcement".

It doesn't directly say it but of course he was going to be looking at his options when other clubs are throwing all that money at him. Also why does Bennetts pulling power have to be questioned? Hunt was upset that the coach he has had for years was sacked and yet Bennett still kept him. Sounds like every other coach chasing Hunts pulling power needs to be questioned.

It doesn't directly say it but of course he was going to be looking at his options when other clubs are throwing all that money at him. Also why does Bennetts pulling power have to be questioned? Hunt was upset that the coach he has had for years was sacked and yet Bennett still kept him. Sounds like every other coach chasing Hunts pulling power needs to be questioned.
Well, that actually didn't happen, otherwise he might have taken the plunge according to his father... you need to pay more attention mate.

I thought WB's pulling power was something magical out of this world, and every player should get an erection even at the mention of Bennett's interest. Is that not the case?

No your dig was unrelated:

"it's annoying for some people that Hunt didn't spontaneously ejaculate when he heard the news of Hook's replacement"

No one was saying anything to do with Bennett, no one was suggesting hunts dad shouldn't say stuff because it hurts there agenda which is exactly what you suggesting.

If you weren't such a good bloke I would call it baiting

Last edited:
No your dig was unrelated:

"it's annoying for some people that Hunt didn't spontaneously ejaculate when he heard the news of Hook's replacement"

No one was saying anything to do with Bennett, no one was suggesting hunts dad shouldn't say stuff because it hurts there agenda which is exactly what you suggesting.

If you weren't such a good bloke I would call it baiting
I would never do that! :shocked:

People did seem to get ruffled that Hunt got upset at Hook being sacked, which directly relates to WB coming to the Broncos. Obviously the point being that Hunt actually considered leaving the Broncos if a good offer came along, goes against this idea that Bennett has this amazing pulling power that a lot of Bennecolytes seem to have.

I actually appreciate the fact that despite being used from the bench as a "Macca respirator" for so long, Hunt has Griffin in such high esteem.

Note that I don't think the players should be a deciding factor in who their coach should become or remain, but I do agree they should be consulted at least, and that is normally done, with at least the senior group, which brings us back to the whole dodgy business that was Hook's sacking and Wayne's recruitment. Hunt being one of the many guys in the group that didn't take the whole affair too well...

I would never do that! :shocked:

People did seem to get ruffled that Hunt got upset at Hook being sacked, which directly relates to WB coming to the Broncos. Obviously the point being that Hunt actually considered leaving the Broncos if a good offer came along, goes against this idea that Bennett has this amazing pulling power that a lot of Bennecolytes seem to have.

I actually appreciate the fact that despite being used from the bench as a "Macca respirator" for so long, Hunt has Griffin in such high esteem.

Note that I don't think the players should be a deciding factor in who their coach should become or remain, but I do agree they should be consulted at least, and that is normally done, with at least the senior group, which brings us back to the whole dodgy business that was Hook's sacking and Wayne's recruitment. Hunt being one of the many guys in the group that didn't take the whole affair too well...

But no one said any of that mate.

Myself and someone else said his father shouldn't be saying that because it doesn't look great to his team mates.

Wayne be betts name wasn't even mentioned. Griffins name wasn't even mentioned. This whole discussion had nothing to do with Bennett.

People did seem to get ruffled that Hunt got upset at Hook being sacked, which directly relates to WB coming to the Broncos.

No it doesn't. Hunt was upset because Griffin was sacked....fullstop.

Myself and someone else said his father shouldn't be saying that because it doesn't look great to his team mates.

I agree. Hunt snr should either not talk to the media or get half a clue. He could have quite easily said that Ben was upset about Griffin leaving .... and left it at that.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.