NEWS Ben Ikin appointed Head of Football

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ikin left, I have always had the feeling the reality of the role hasn’t met the expectation he had for it when he took it on. I get the impression he thought he would have had more authority in the role.
Given the signings we have made like Pereira, Jenson etc. are those money ball type ones that Ikin was talking about were missing with their list management before he even got the job, I would say he has plenty of authority within the areas of his role.

You think he expected more than to open the door for Kev every morning ? As Tallis said, the job is to be Kev's "lackey" !

Isn’t Ikin supposed to be Kev’s boss/supervisor as Head of Football?

Kind of like in baseball you have the manager and the coach*

*basing all my baseball knowledge off the Moneyball movie

I think he will stay mainly because he loves the list management and cap side of the job. He’s not doing that at the QRL. Won’t be any football management. Just management.
yeah isn't he a huge money ball fan , so really he's got his perfect job.

I think he will stay mainly because he loves the list management and cap side of the job. He’s not doing that at the QRL. Won’t be any football management. Just management.

That might be the very reason he leaves too. I bet Moore’s phone doesn’t ring at 2am to say a player has been arrested.

That might be the very reason he leaves too. I bet Moore’s phone doesn’t ring at 2am to say a player has been arrested.
What does he actually do? How much authority does he have?

Ikin has committed to staying at the Broncs.

“It was flattering to have my name mentioned, but I’m committed to helping ‘Kev’ (coach Walters) get the Broncos firing again,” Ikin said.

“The QRL is a great organisation doing important work for the game, and I’m sure they will end up with a stack of quality applicants.”

“Ben certainly would have been a great candidate for the chief executive role,” Hatcher said.

“As friends, we had a chat, we never spoke in any official capacity, but when his name was mentioned as a candidate, I felt Ben had all the attributes to be the CEO of a rugby league organisation, I had no doubt about that.

“I respect people who honour their contracts and I can understand if Ben wishes to remain at the Broncos.

“Ben was very open with us about going to the Broncos for all the right reasons as head of football and that was his passion, he felt he could make a difference to the Broncos and there’s no doubt he has already.

“I have enormous respect for Ben’s leadership nous. He is a wonderful asset for the Broncos.

“If you asked me if I could put a wish list out there of your preferred candidates for the job, Ben would have been high on that list. He is still hugely respected by the QRL, he made a huge difference to our board and he was quite instrumental in recommending Cooper Cronk to fill his shoes.

“From my point of view, the fact Ben has indicated he is staying loyal to the Broncos does not surprise me at all.

“He is supporting Kevin Walters, he wants the best for the Broncos and I respect that.

“I hope he is given the opportunity at the Broncos to deliver on his credentials.”

“I hope he is given the opportunity at the Broncos to deliver on his credentials.”
What’s Bruce alluding to? Is Ikin still not empowered to do what he’s supposed to?
Come on, DD.
Cat Kitten GIF

Active Now

• Skathen
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.