NEWS Ben Ikin appointed Head of Football

That’s pretty cool but who is available that you would bring in that is proven to be better?

Flanagan is not an option, due to the substance abuse saga with Cronulla

Yeah he's available. Who gives a shit anymore? I used to be against all kinds of dodgy shit, but everyone does it to us including the NRL and we just have to bend over and take it. **** that anymore. Anything to win now.

Melbourne: Marion Seve and that's a win for you guys.
Roosters: Trade? Why? We'll just pay him what he wants and more because we have Kevin Naiqama's money.
They get veterans bonus for Momovski

That’s pretty cool but who is available that you would bring in that is proven to be better?

Flanagan is not an option, due to the substance abuse saga with Cronulla
Is he still banned by the nrl? Why isn’t he an option?

Yeah he's available. Who gives a shit anymore? I used to be against all kinds of dodgy shit, but everyone does it to us including the NRL and we just have to bend over and take it. **** that anymore. Anything to win now.

So you've lowered yourself.

I don't think he's on the radar, but I have a lot of time for Rohan Smith.

He worked wonders at Norths, taking them from a lowly Queensland Cup team and built them into premiers.

He's over in Leeds now who were absolutely struggling and he's helped salvage their season despite missing key players.

He's somebody worth keeping tabs on moving forward.

I don't think he's on the radar, but I have a lot of time for Rohan Smith.

He worked wonders at Norths, taking them from a lowly Queensland Cup team and built them into premiers.

He's over in Leeds now who were absolutely struggling and he's helped salvage their season despite missing key players.

He's somebody worth keeping tabs on moving forward.

Amen. I have been saying it since 2018.

Love him.

Is he still banned by the nrl? Why isn’t he an option?
Because most people who have ever heard him talk realize he's an idiot who fluked a premiership in the NRL Fairytale Era. if he was good enough he would be coaching an NRL club already, as half of the clubs are desperate for a coach who has any actual talent.

QRL Ceo has resigned Ikin could be tempted to go for that role

QRL Ceo has resigned Ikin could be tempted to go for that role

the article doesn't quote anyone ... at least no-one that says anything relating to Ben Ikin.

It's speculation (at best) based on two things.

1. Ikin used to be on the QRL board
2. the story about the friction between Ikin and Walters last season

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ikin left, I have always had the feeling the reality of the role hasn’t met the expectation he had for it when he took it on. I get the impression he thought he would have had more authority in the role.

the article doesn't quote anyone ... at least no-one that says anything relating to Ben Ikin.

It's speculation (at best) based on two things.

1. Ikin used to be on the QRL board
2. the story about the friction between Ikin and Walters last season

Considering Ikin was one of the people that went for the Broncos CEO job, I don't think it's much of a stretch that he goes for the QRL one.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ikin left, I have always had the feeling the reality of the role hasn’t met the expectation he had for it when he took it on. I get the impression he thought he would have had more authority in the role.
You think he expected more than to open the door for Kev every morning ? As Tallis said, the job is to be Kev's "lackey" !

Active Now

• Spike
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • porouian
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Midean
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.