NEWS Ben Ikin appointed Head of Football

Yeah cause you need to point that finger of yours at someone 🙄
Sure, maybe it was no one's fault.

You clearly don't work in a management position or a role where you have any responsibility whatsoever. It shows in you big time.

DD and Ikin had strong starts to their time at the club and said all the right things early on.

Now the real test starts as some really big decisions will need to be made.

Playing group:
Ikin has said we are focusing on the squad we have and are not planning on any big recruiting strategies. I can’t help but disagree with this. I’m hoping this is just media manipulation because we have obvious deficiencies through the entire spine bar Reynolds.
Letting Isaako go has now potentially shown itself to be a case of trying to out think the room. We now have concerning fullback options and Farnworth is rumoured to likely be leaving anyway (Ikin reportedly said this is where we’d use Isaako’s cash)- time will tell if this was the right move long term but we could definitely use him now.

Coaching:
Ikin and DD extended Kev preseason with seemingly no need to do so. This completely baffles me as Kev had 0 negotiating power and was no risk of being poached. The only way I think it could make sense is if player managers were using the instability as an excuse to not come to the table and this helps with retaining/signing. It may also be full of performance clauses that will negate the extension.
DD and Ikin better be working overtime behind the scenes sourcing assistant coach and potential head coach options. The same way all good clubs are constantly exploring all player options, they should do so with coaching too.

I haven’t seen either in the media lately discussion anything.

could be a case of over-thinking and or wishful thinking but imo the radio silence from Red Hill over the last couple of months is interesting.. it’s different to recent years when the club leaked like sieve..
it’s similar though to about this time last year when Adam Reynolds was up for grabs and a couple of other clubs were huffing and puffing and being written up as all but certain suitors for Reynolds..meantime, the Broncos were quietly getting a deal done.
I have to believe similar cogs are turning at the moment vis a vis a couple of big name players who are coming off contract and being linked to the Dolphins like it’s a fait accompli..
with the Dolphins coming in next year, there is simply way too much at stake for the Broncos to be sitting idle and content to move forward with their current roster.. To that end, I’d be shocked (and appalled) if we’re not up to our ears in the race for one of Walsh or Munster

they'll make the smart move and Kevvie will be coach in 2023.
Depends who’s available I guess, he definitely needs more help though. Someone who knows how to plan out a season and someone who can teach defensive structure and strategy at a minimum.

I don't doubt that Kev will be coach next year, but he needs to be put on serious blast for what has happened over the past 5 weeks.
Blasting him isn't going to help. Either get more involved and force changes to his staff or sack him.

It's not like Kev is slacking off, he's just inept.

Ikin needs to do a Gould and overrule Kev when he does dumb shit.

Blasting him isn't going to help. Either get more involved and force changes to his staff or sack him.

It's not like Kev is slacking off, he's just inept.

Ikin needs to do a Gould and overrule Kev when he does dumb shit.

If it gets to that stage, then Walters is a dead man walking anyway. The HoF shouldn't need to grab the wheel out of the captains hands to avoid the very obvious typhoon that is directly ahead.

If it gets to that stage, then Walters is a dead man walking anyway. The HoF shouldn't need to grab the wheel out of the captains hands to avoid the very obvious typhoon that is directly ahead.
It's better than sacking the coach if the players like him although given how little effort the team puts in it seems like the dressing room is lost.

It's better than sacking the coach if the players like him although given how little effort the team puts in it seems like the dressing room is lost.

I would put comfortable money on it. No coach that commands the respect of his squad has to worry about conceding two 50+ losses in a row.

This isn’t as much about Kevvie as it as about the assistant coaches IMO. I don’t think anyone was under the illusion that Kevvie was bringing much more than vibes to the coaching table. It was really all about the technical proficiency of our assistants to bring the team up to standard. And that’s where I would be swinging the axe. And it should be Ikins picks not Kevin’s.

Time to move on. We have the roster to be competing at the back end of the year and we aren't going to be there. He hasn't been good enough. Kevie is a good bloke but so are a lot of people. Time to start thinking about winning.

I’m really interested to see what Ikin and Dave can do with the Haas situation.

I hope that when it all blew up the club sent a comp wide memo requesting a list of names of 2023 contracted players that each club would be willing to trade for Haas.

Time to move on. We have the roster to be competing at the back end of the year and we aren't going to be there. He hasn't been good enough. Kevie is a good bloke but so are a lot of people. Time to start thinking about winning.

That’s pretty cool but who is available that you would bring in that is proven to be better?

Flanagan is not an option, due to the substance abuse saga with Cronulla

I’m really interested to see what Ikin and Dave can do with the Haas situation.

I hope that when it all blew up the club sent a comp wide memo requesting a list of names of 2023 contracted players that each club would be willing to trade for Haas.

Melbourne: Marion Seve and that's a win for you guys.
Roosters: Trade? Why? We'll just pay him what he wants and more because we have Kevin Naiqama's money.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • phoenix
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • davidp
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.